In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Sitting at the gate. AA having lots of problems w/ storm delays. Posting from the phone is torture.

I had a problem with a storm delay this afternoon too. Hope you have a great trip!!

I'm here... hotel was internet-less unless you paid for it and I didn't feel like paying for it for the hour or two I had. It was sort of nice to unplug a bit.

Almost to the end of the first week at the new job and I am really liking it. It's going to be very different from what I was doing, and in a good way, I think.

Atlanta was HOT! They were so super nice to me there, though... very impressed with the company overall so far.

I did have to travel home with two company laptops in addition to my personal one - security was rather interesting as I kept pulling laptops out for the bins. I refuse to check bags unless it's absolutely necessary, as most of you know. :laughing:

Oh, and I was stuck next to a woman on the plane who I swear BATHED in perfume. Yuck yuck!! We had to wait on the tarmac for an extra 30-40 min while the storm passed, too. Bleah.

Oh Ronda! I am so sorry I missed your send off! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I have a sh*t ton of work to do tonight (much like we had a sh*t ton of luggage to move at OKW from the second floor to the third...at 10pm the night before a Half Marathon...) but I am procrastinating.

I had to umpire a softball game tonight and it was comical. OMG. I kept asking for Xanax! It was SO SO SO stressful. I coach Cammie's team, and we have 3 coaches. The other team only had 2 coaches and the ump didn't show. So we had to sacrifice one of our coaches to be the ump. And I got drafted. There were so many close calls and I just wanted to throw up. :sick:

Ok, more later...I want to comment to all of you! :lovestruc

I have a sh*t ton of work to do tonight (much like we had a sh*t ton of luggage to move at OKW from the second floor to the third...at 10pm the night before a Half Marathon...) but I am procrastinating.

except that apparently no one has sent a cute young guy there to help you ;):laughing:

Remember how sweet that maintanence guy was?

Nancy- I love the name Max, Where the Wild Things Are is one of my favorite children's books! Definitely want to see pictures.

Liz- I have been thinking of you recently. I have decided to buy my sister a Vera Bradley diaper bag. Now I'm dealing with the "torture" of picking out the pattern.

Erika- When I was coaching hockey I had to jump in and ref a few games when the refs didn't show up. I hated trying to make those close calls.

Kat- I'm picturing you at security like something out of a movie where you keep pulling laptops out as they keep supplying bins, like some comedy routine. I know I'm a bit behind but congrats on the new job.

Hi to everyone else. I'm still trying to read back some so I can catch up on what everyone else has been up to.

Heading to Vermont tomorrow for the first time in 3 weeks. Going to spend the weekend at Brian's family's house on Lake Champlain. The flooding is really bad there but so far the only problems it's caused is it washed two pieces of the dock away that we will never seen again. But looking at the positive, Brian built the pieces so it's not like we have to wait to pay some guy to come out and rebuild it.

Nancy - I need a whistle, a taser and a swift kick upside the head. This is so frustrating. Thanks for checking up on me.

Lisa - congrats on the new home.

Hi to everyone!

Crazy busy here. Got to work this morning and just went from meeting to meeting. Did stop for a healthy lunch so that was a good thing. Off to catch some zzzz's. Hope you all are doing well,

I here, I just suck. :sad2: I'm having to dip into our Disney savings to pay the mortgage and afraid that we AGAIN won't be able to make it to WDW in the fall. I've been avoiding the DIS b/c it just bums me out. I'm tired of never having enough money for anything....see? This is why I don't post, I'm just a downer. :headache:

Yes. I'm quoting things from a week ago. Deal with it.

So happy you found something! When do you move?

Don't you love that Nancy!!! When everything just flows perfectly.

Yeah on the race!!!! That's fantastic. I can't wait. Maybe I should come down and see it. :rolleyes1 ;)

The place - really I don't think you all can handle. Seriously. :rotfl2: :love:

It's a studio (not by choice - just never ever want to live beyond my means). It's between 400-500. Well closer to the 4 - way. :lmao: It has a terrace AGAIN. Totally lucked out on that b/c it's uncommon for studios to have them. It was a bidding war. It was totally underpriced. :thumbsup2 It faces the railway tracks. :eek: BUT has a core city view looking to the side of the terrace. It's in an area that will be hard to explain. It's downtown BUT my old neighbourhood was right at the core - this isn't. It's an area where it was all industry and artists and about.....

I'll be back.

Okay, back.

So about five years ago the city took this area and pre-planned it. This is great for Jean b/c she got tired of congestion. Me never. Never ever. I love buildings and congestion. So this area - although downtown - can have maybe a more suburban feel to it (meaning more open space but of course not suburban) with being right in the city. I do not have a streetcar right at my door. BUT I have three lines within walking distance. I will miss my old neighbourhood but so grateful to have snagged something.

The area is called Liberty Village. I'm sure it's on wikipedia if anyone is interested.

Oh and the building shares all facilities with two other buildings. So we get theirs and they get ours which really helps with costs. So I have at least two gyms. A movie viewing room. A pool. A steam room. Change rooms (which I always felt are silly) A computer room. A kitchen/living area to book. Guest suites. Visitor parking. Etc. Etc.

Word. To all of it! Yes I have to look it up now. Have. To.

And SO true about Kat! Just so happy for you!

:laughing: Now I HAVE to. You know that right :confused3

LOVE all the ameneties. LOVE them. And by "wall bed" I'm assuming that's what I call a Murphy bed? Folds up into the wall? For summertime how 'bout a hammock on that there terrace :yay: That would be FUN! Like camping, without the dirt!

Kat - doesn't it feel good to have made a decision? not to mention to be at WDW when the decision was made??? and whilst we're at it, to have had SO MANY opportunities put in front of you in such a short time? Blessed. Really

OMG, now it's MY turn to say Seriously, People???

I am officially caught up! No thread bankruptcy here!

And the reason that I am finally caught up is because I submitted my final grades for the semester this morning! That is HUGE. Gigantic. I have been in grading Hell for ages. And now it is all done. I still teach in the summer, but it is about 1/3 of the regular workload. So now I just get to caost until Labor Day! :cool1:

Happy Monday :goodvibes

This afternoon Becca & I are road-tripping up to Vermont to pick up Seth. I can't believe that he is done with two years of college already. TWO YEARS! Doesn't it just seem like yesterday that I was a hot mess over the thought of him leaving? :confused3

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I ate and drank WAY too much yesterday. I'm definitely going to feel the effects when I head out for my bike ride this morning. :headache:

I don't recall if I mentioned this - but I finally committed and signed up for the duathlon on May 22nd. And I've had a little mental shift. I'm not looking at this duathlon as a RACE where I need to concern myself with time, but as an EVENT that is there for me to complete. Does that make sense?

Kat - new job today, yes? Good luck!

Paula - did you JC? Are you finding the wagon or do I need my whistle :laughing:

E - end of the semster. Are you in grading he!!?

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

So much to comment on here. OMG, yes, it truly does seem like just a couple of weeks ago that you were so emotional about Seth leaving for school. And now he is half way through! How the Hell does that happen?! Will it be just as difficult with Nate? Or did Seth pave the way?

I am so so excited for your Duo! I love that event! Love it. Have done 2 (both super short) but really liked them. They were great training for my tris.

Was there a prom report? Did I miss it? I thought I was all the way caught up. Are there pics somewhere? FB? I remember reading that you were getting flooded with requests for dress alterations, but I think that is the last I heard.

And yes! Grading hell is over!

:rotfl2: Good one Liz!!!

Come on kitty. Drive that woman nuts!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: Did we get a name? Did I miss it?

For the Love of .....

No I will not SHUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiling.

I am BEYOND happy for you. :dance3: BEYOND. :love: No longer gross is not an issue with me. Gross to me means uncomfortable. Not Erika is gross. And I'm against anyone feeling uncomfortable - I know the weight where I begin to feel that. And as if I have to worry about your self worth. :lmao: THAT would be comical. Ms. "did I tell you all I was voted Hottest Professor?". :rotfl::lmao:

Whatever. :goodvibes

I only hate awful names. AND people not celebrating their successful moments. That's all. People, feel good. Go ahead. Lisa has no problem with that. Geez. popcorn::

Right Nancy. I was thinking the other day - here it is in a nutshell youngins:

At almost 44 - what worked many times before will not work now or won't work as quickly. And it's frustrating and eye opening and a bit of :scared1:. But have to accept it. So yes get it done.

Yeah for a Megan sighting!!!

So much to say here, too!

You nailed it exactly...I was at the point which I felt gross in my body. Sure, lots of people would say I looked ok. But I felt plain ol' gross. So I am happier with how I feel right now. Like, I can function like this and not hate myself every time I walk out the door. Still more to go before I am where I want to be...but even just this much is so so so much better.

And WORD on the age thing. OMG, when I was in my 20s, all I would have to do is THINK about losing weight and I swear it would start to melt away. Ok, obviously that is an exaggeration, but the point Lisa, Nancy and I are making here is that it is SO much easier to lose when younger. Obviously, it is different for everyone, but for me, I have noticed that every 5-year mark it gets harder. Hitting 30 was like hitting a brick wall in terms of weight loss. 35 was like a steel-reinforced brick wall. And good God, 40 has been like a freaking titanium wall!

I here, I just suck. :sad2: I'm having to dip into our Disney savings to pay the mortgage and afraid that we AGAIN won't be able to make it to WDW in the fall. I've been avoiding the DIS b/c it just bums me out. I'm tired of never having enough money for anything....see? This is why I don't post, I'm just a downer. :headache:

OMG, this is WHEN and WHY you post! When things are in the sh*t is when you need us the most. Don't run away then. And never worry about being a downer.

Holy crow--if I didn't come here when not pissed off about something, I would literally never be here. :rotfl2: I always have something to b*tch about! ;)

How is your pain? I read about that a few pages back. Any changes? And I agree with Nancy...call the doc and discuss the financial situation. We have good friends who are without insurance right now and their doctor has a completely different rate scale for those who are currently uninsured. The phone call will be free, right? So just call and ask.

Others I need to catch up with--

KELLY! I watched every second of the Royal Wedding and thought about you all day. I loved it! LOVED it. The girls got up early with me and we watched it. Fun moment for us. And Riley's teachers had it on in their classrooms all morning.

And don't think I have forgotten about your pace! You promised to time yourself and tell me how long it takes you to go one mile!

PAULA--the wagon? Are you friendly with it at the moment? How goes the battle this week, my friend?

LIZ--OMG, that was a huge loss you posted! You said your only goal was to maintain it. Did you? I need to know!

MEG--Good to see you back here! How is everything? The new job? Are you feeling settled in yet?

JO--You keep finding ways to get the 2 miles in here and there...that is great!

RONDA--I know you are offline right now, but I am just so excited for you that you are there! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hello Goddesses! I'm not declaring thread BK yet because I have zero reading to do for my class Monday. I have to get back on track with posting. Agh! I think I need a swift kick, lol.

Happy Saturday All

Yucky yucky yucky week at work. Glad this week is over.
I'm like Dori from Nemo, I just keep telling myself, just keep swiming and what comes around goes around.

Any way, I did 2 miles again on Thursday if I can get just 2 miles in 2x on the weekdays I will be happy. Still don't want to talk about my diet. Going for 4 miles this weekend, and still thinking about a half I want to do.

Karen, OMG I have been there with the money, I know its sucks, if you can't do Disney this year what about a mini trip, your in St. Louis right, what about an over nigth to 6 flags, and save up for WDW 2012. But whatever you do please post. These Ladies have been a life line to me, I have change for the better just knowing them.

Kelly, Lisa How are you Where are you?

Nancy, Yes did we miss the prom report? When's the Duo?

E, Yay for summer break!!!

Kat, hows the new job?

Amy, EE, Liz, Paula hope you all are well and happy!!

Ha, I bet you hoped I forgot.

Well I did not... Come Goddess, its almost time to post your Summer Challange

2 weeks marks the start of summer and I think as a group we can keep each other on the wagon.

My Challange is a half and I vow to do it Labor day weekend.

OMG, yes, it truly does seem like just a couple of weeks ago that you were so emotional about Seth leaving for school. And now he is half way through! How the Hell does that happen?! Will it be just as difficult with Nate? Or did Seth pave the way?

It just seems impossible to me that Seth is 1/2 way done already. Nate is going to be a different anxiety. Completely different set of worries. <sigh>

I am so so excited for your Duo! I love that event! Love it. Have done 2 (both super short) but really liked them. They were great training for my tris.

I'm not terribly excited :laughing: I'm feeling SO unprepared for the running portion (almost ironic!). I told my friend Heather that I'm going to make myself a t shirt that says "Under-trained and Over-fed" :eek::lmao: She wants one too. :lmao: I'm going to go do it and it is what it is. I don't have very high expectations at all. Truly my single goal is to finish.

Was there a prom report? Did I miss it?

Nope and nope. Prom is next Friday :goodvibes

OMG, this is WHEN and WHY you post! When things are in the sh*t is when you need us the most. Don't run away then. And never worry about being a downer.

WORD!

Ha, I bet you hoped I forgot.

well....if we are being honest here :rolleyes1 yeah. I did ;)

Cheers goddesses. I'm feeling great. Froze my rear off at Ryan's game today. They won by 6 runs. Woo hoo!

OK, time to get Team Goddess is MAJOR GEAR.

F*ck this sh*t about not posting. I know, I know....I have been TERRIBLE. But I will commit to being back here if you all will, too.

Yes, the summer challenge! We are ALL going to do something at the same time (or over the same week-end, allowing for individual schedules)..and the goal will be person-specific. Some of us might do a Half...and others will do what they are ready for.

Me? Not sure yet. It will depend on what the results of PT are and if I am going to do the WDW Wine and Dine in October. If I can do the Wine & Dine, then I will want to do an individual Half on Labor Day. If my knee won't be able to handle the Wine & Dine, then I will do a tri on Labor Day.

Woo hoo! Look at E calling us out. The flood water has receded, leaving a less than pleasant smell on my normal course. I will be so glad when it goes away. Today makes 10 days until Disney check in!

OK, time to get Team Goddess is MAJOR GEAR.

F*ck this sh*t about not posting. I know, I know....I have been TERRIBLE. But I will commit to being back here if you all will, too.

Yes, the summer challenge! We are ALL going to do something at the same time (or over the same week-end, allowing for individual schedules)..and the goal will be person-specific. Some of us might do a Half...and others will do what they are ready for.

Me? Not sure yet. It will depend on what the results of PT are and if I am going to do the WDW Wine and Dine in October. If I can do the Wine & Dine, then I will want to do an individual Half on Labor Day. If my knee won't be able to handle the Wine & Dine, then I will do a tri on Labor Day.

I am WAY too scared of the little vampire not to post :lmao:

I have been reading, busy busy, blah blah, usual life crap but Im here now! (Thanks E!)

Karen - I've been there too, bad times, feel like a downer and don't want to post but E is right - its these exact times when you DO need to post :hug:

Nancy - It only seems like a minute ago when Seth went to college :hug:

Lisa - Grey's - we haven't had a break at all this series so it must be that when you get a break we just carry on and catch up! There are some shows (NCIS, House, Dexter, NCIS Los Angeles to name a few!) that air here the night after they air in the US so when theres a break there, theres a break here!

Jo - I am fully signed up and committed to the Race for Life - its on the 17th of July. If everyone else is doing something on a different date I will do a little race by myself!

E - I didn't forget about the pace - the last time I timed it I think it was around 11 minutes for a mile - I am really slow, its more slow jogging than running but at least im moving :rotfl2: I am hoping to get a bit faster but that will happen eventually!

Ronda - I missed your departure, but I hope you are having a fabulous time and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Kat, Meg, EE, Amy, Liz, Paula, Everyone - Hi :flower3:

Um, Kelly--11 minutes per mile pretty much kicks a$$. Just sayin. When I am doing really well, I am right around 10--give or take. Sometimes I can manage a 9:40-ish pace. But mostly I'm right around 10:20. And when I first started, I was at a 12:00 pace. See? You are a natural born runner and you didn't even know it! :cool1:

Um, Kelly--11 minutes per mile pretty much kicks a$$. Just sayin. When I am doing really well, I am right around 10--give or take. Sometimes I can manage a 9:40-ish pace. But mostly I'm right around 10:20. And when I first started, I was at a 12:00 pace. See? You are a natural born runner and you didn't even know it! :cool1:

Wow really? I thought I was really slow because I never seem to get anywhere :rotfl2:

Natural born runner. I like that :cloud9: Thanks E!

My half marathon yesterday, I averaged 14, so I am waaaay slower than both of you!!

I can do about an 11-12 min single mile though.

5th half marathon on the books, and it was the Marine Corp half, so a cute Marine gave me my medal. Fun time with running group friends. It's about a 3 hr drive from here, so we drove up Sat and back Sun. My SIL was running the race too, so we met after for a beer (my friend was driving home!).

I don't think I can post during the day yet, but I can commit to being back here at night. I am about to become a pace group leader for my running group, I think, so I need to get back in gear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter