In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

heeeelllllloooooooo? Where did everybody go? :confused3

I started my week with a bang! Mon & Tues I was rockin' that wagon! Wednesday was Nate's birthday and my day was ok. Not super, but acceptable. Thurs & Friday were HORRID! I'm aiming for a great weekend so that my "average" over the week comes out to be more good days than bad.

Gorgeous weather here right now. Simply stunning. Lots of outdoor work on our agenda, then we're off to see "Hair" on Sunday evening. Hope everyone is well!:hippie:

Im here :)

I spectacularly fell of the wagon yesterday. Well, I say fell, it was more like plummeted from a great height and now I can't find the wagon :sad2:

Needless to say though (and maybe I shouldn't say it as this is after all a weight loss thread :rolleyes1) it was SO worth it!

I didn't eat anything that I knew wouldn't be worth the 'cheating' but I don't suppose that makes it any better :rotfl2:

Loved loved LOVED the wedding, watched from start to finish and I thought it was great :lovestruc

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :hippie:

Kelly, I have so many Royal-type questions!

Like. What is their official last name? Do they have one? They must. House of Windsor. But that's Elizabeth....but Charles? Whose name does he have?

And "Prince Phillip - Duke of Edinburgh" - what is he? A Prince or a Duke? And not King.

And Kate. Excuse me "Lady Catherine" :confused3 Is she now Duchess of Cambridge? And when William is King, she will or will not be refered to as Queen?

Good gravy. It's all so confusing to me. :rotfl2:

Like. What is their official last name? Do they have one? They must. House of Windsor. But that's Elizabeth....but Charles? Whose name does he have?

And "Prince Phillip - Duke of Edinburgh" - what is he? A Prince or a Duke? And not King.

And Kate. Excuse me "Lady Catherine" :confused3 Is she now Duchess of Cambridge? And when William is King, she will or will not be refered to as Queen?

The Royal Family is SO confusing! Before I try and answer these, you should know that I am a geek :rotfl2:

The Queens 'official' surname is Windsor, and Charles surname is Mountbatten-Windsor!

Prince Phillip was born a prince, and was given the title Duke of Edinburgh - he isn't known as King because the husband of a female monarch has no status or rank!

Kate is (I think) known as HRH Princess William of Wales, to show that she is 'using' Williams title - they are now also Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Earl and Countess of Strathearn, Baron and Baroness Carrick Fergus!
When William becomes King she will technically be Queen as the wife takes on the male monarchs rank - officially she will be Queen Consort, like the Queen Mother.

I bet you wished you'd never asked :lmao:

Kelly I have a question, when watching the wedding, it did not look like she put a ring on his finger. Does the man not get one or did I just miss that.

Kelly I have a question, when watching the wedding, it did not look like she put a ring on his finger. Does the man not get one or did I just miss that.

Jo I saw on the news that Prince William had decided he would not be wearing a wedding ring! It didn't say why though :confused3

You know, I just try not to get caught up in it, because it's a total up and down rollercoaster, and I need to get off and drive the train of my own life. Does that sound awful? I love my mom, I adore her, I want her to live forever...but I have sabotaged my own life by focusing on her health. Can't do it anymore

Again, editing a lot here, for you...Yes, wild. my parents have had a pinochole club since 1980, I think. Crazy longevity.

On the first :hug: and of course that doesn't sound awful. It's surviving and plus you have a family.

I have learned the same lesson only because of my own surgery. I'm wiped and have to watch my own recovery. Unfortunately - and fortunately she has me in this way - her lack of full brain power means I have to be an advocate for her. My father gets very hmmm don't know the word when she says "no" or gets angry regarding issues that someone with full capacities could do/decide on their own. He shuts down. I can deal with being the bad person.

Some levity... from a friend's FB status....

What's your royal wedding name? Start with Lord/Lady add one of your grandparent's first names and then double barrell your first pet name and the street you grew up on ....

I am Lady Virginia Peppy-Pershing.

I forgot. I would be Lady Grace Gidget-Melchoir.

Ronda - how is your father doing?

Day Three on the Wagon!

So far I am loving it. I am eating modified raw...just gradually going more raw day by day. Like Monday I had all fruits and veggies but then pasta for dinner. Last night, my non-raw was steamed veggies and raw sushi. Today it's all raw food, but raw meals - pizza rolls for lunch! (I LOVE raw pizza, with nut cheese. OMG. Love.) So little by little. I'm not planning on doing raw forever, just this week as a reset. It's working so well. I am not reaching for the wine or the chocolate!

Like Karen said, omg is it expensive. I went to do a little stock up and wow! I'd forgotten what those tasty little raw ingredients cost! :scared1: But so yummy!

Saturday I have Gen's 2nd birthday party, so I hope to bring veggie burgers and a nice salad, avoid the cupcakes, and possibly the booze! I might have to have a drink, though. It could get a little tense!

On other fronts, I had a bit of a mental breakthrough (breakdown? :lmao:) on the exercise issue. I know what a lot of it's about. The going at night, especially. So at least I know what is holding me back. Fighting through it is another story.

On the bold - I almost dropper the computer. :scared1:

OMG, I'm in pain.

I'm so sorry Karen. I can imagine how incredibly frustrated you must be.

Lisa- hope today was a good one :hug:

I don't know what day this was - but it's been what I can only call he!!. Physcially, she's right on course. In fact, there is talk that she could be out Monday. Cognitively - it's awful. I'm hopeful that it is a medication because like you all can follow she came out no worse than before surgery on eht first day which was fantastic. And then it went from A to Z. Two days this week were like a zombie - no emotion behind the eyes etc. Last two days a bit better. I've pushed everyone to look at her meds just in case. I think they perceive we're not dealing with the effects of surgery/warnings of lower cognitive but that's not the case.

But on a postive note - she is so HAPPY to have me there. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

So so so busy! Thank goodness for 4 days off work! Ready for the wedding tomorrow :)

Ooh, my 'wedding name' would be Lady Jean Englebert-Pym - I like it, I think I'll keep it :rotfl2:

Lisa/Liz - :hug: to both

Nancy - Awesome on the tracking! Happy belated birthday Nate!

Karen, E, EE, Amy, Jo, Meg, Ronda, Paula, Everyone - Hi :hippie:

Is it wrong for me to say your poor poor pet - Englebert. :rotfl2: :love:;)

So cute Kelly. Did you pick it?

One of my cats is Neville. Doesn't he sound so British? :lmao:

Oh my, what I day I've had :headache: Nothing bad, just swimming upstream all day. Things seem to be harder than they should be, take longer than necessary...just frustrating.

For most of the day I was channelling Liz. "it's just for today. no cookies just for today". But somehow the little devil on my shoulder won out and I ate not one but TWO oatmeal cranberry cookies. Fresh out of the oven. They were heavenly :littleangel: Of course, it was AFTER I had eaten my lunch so it's not like I could have just substituted them FOR my lunch. bah.

Time to face the music and calculate the calories in those little demon treats.

:love: not on the struggle. Just to you.

Happy Birthday to Nate

Lisa, I have never played Skip Bo.

I had never either Jo. Until my parents pulled in out a couple of years ago. It's by UNO. It's fun.

Shoot, LIZ!!!! I forgot on the quote. Explain pinnochle. I know just KILLED the word. I'm too lazy to look back. I've heard of it but don't know it.

oh for the love of Pete. Becca is negotiating with Stephen about getting another kitten.

Is she good at it?

She could have schooled me. I've always been a dog person but Jean was so excited to get cats way back - I didn't even like cats. But boy do they teach you - like forget all your control issues because they aren't a followin'. :rotfl2:

Wagon? What's that? :laughing:

I think I am going to accept a job offer tomorrow, officially. I got a third offer today that seems like the right fit, and the money is good too - about 7.5% more than I was making at my dearly departed job.

My parents are here this weekend, and mom is making me DVR the wedding. Sigh.

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. TO. HEAR.

Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

So I was all set for my Disney 2012 trip
If we get free dinning, I was staying CBR
No free dinning going for DVC ponit then I see on Allears.net'
that they are doing rooms at POR to Royal Princess Rooms.
Now what to do?????

Sorry need to just blurt that out.
'

Down with the princesses. :rotfl2: Why do they have to infitrate everything? Why? ;);) Can't they stick to their castles.

Obviously I'm no help. :rotfl:

We are all stalkers! Its very odd I admit! I never got the build up to Charles and Dianas wedding (I was -1 month old :rotfl2:)
:

:scared1: :scared1: AND :scared1:

Gorgeous weather here right now. Simply stunning. Lots of outdoor work on our agenda, then we're off to see "Hair" on Sunday evening. Hope everyone is well!:hippie:

Yeah for stunning days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Loved your questions Nancy. Cutie would be SO PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and got a place. Another bidding war. But won it this time. Was before Easter weekend but I've just been so preoccupied.

We close on my birthday. Which means that our brains were not working with that. :cool2: Such a silly choice because I ADORE birthdays. Well my birthday I mean. :rotfl2: :goodvibes I graduated from university on one (ceremony) and getting a house (condo) on another so interesting for memories I guess.

Is it wrong for me to say your poor poor pet - Englebert. :rotfl2: :love:;)

So cute Kelly. Did you pick it?

One of my cats is Neville. Doesn't he sound so British? :lmao:

Lisa - so much going on for you - take care of yourself too :hug:

I love Neville - very British!

Poor Englebert - I did pick his name, how did you guess :rotfl2:

We've had very odd pet names, usually my fault:

Englebert the Rabbit
Pete the Fish
Lennon, Mcartney and Norman the Hamsters
Barry the Rabbit
Bert and Ernie the turtles

and when I was younger my Aunt had a dog called Scamp but I called him Brian :confused3

I was a very strange child obviously :lmao:

Kelly, Love love love that you named turtles Burt & Ernie

Oh, Lisa you have so much going on thats for sure. A lady I work with just had the same thing with her FIL. he went into the hosptial for a leg infectoin, was put on meds then he lost it, he could not speak, wet the bed, he was seeing things kinda as if he had a stroke but he did not..
They have pulled the meds, and he is getting better, but he stil has bad days
I hope your Mom recovers fast. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hi - my name is Paula and I have been eating too much, exercising too little and frankly getting fatter as a result of it all. :confused3

I am re-introducing myself to the thread, a healthy lifestyle and well a life in general. I need help getting my focus off of work, work and more work and back to the life I know I need. One that is filled with healthy food choices in appropriate quantities, workouts that leave me a little sore, but wanting to do more. One where I am not glued to a computer or my e-mail delivery device of convenience answering question after question from a bunch of government flunkies. I want the me of last year back. You know the year where I finished my first 1/2 marathon and nearly finished my first century ride. The one who had time to support her fellow goddesses and seek support when needed. Where did she go?

Hopefully, I can get her (or something closely resembling her) back.

Day 1 starts now!

Oh and I am so in need of claiming thread bankruptcy for the last two weeks. Please, will someone either give me the quick catch up or grant me bankruptcy.

Lisa - I did accept the job from the third offer. Only after one of the first two companies matched the offer, but I felt like I wanted the one that came in with the good offer out of the gate? Also, it just *felt* like the right one, as silly as that is.

I have one more interview tomorrow because I have trouble saying no, but when that is done at 9:30AM? We are OFF TO WDW!!

D got 7 weeks severance, I get to pocket about 5 weeks of mine, and I start my new job on May 9th. We called up and decided to do 4 nights on points, we already have APs, and are taking most of our food from home. First night is standard view AKL studio (Jambo), and last three are SSR 1-bed.

Weekend was nuts nuts. We completely redid the outside of the house for ~$100. Replaced the 4 missing shutters, fixed the mailbox, clipped and trimmed all of the outside shrubs and trees (probably 20 of them), re-mulched everything, mowed, weeded, and planted a bunch of flowers and some herbs.

Oh, and I did 10 miles Sat morning before all this started.

Not on the wagon at all and haven't been for 2 weeks, but somehow the scale on Sat AM read a lb down from the last time I checked it right before the layoff. I think I haven't had enough time to eat!!

I will check in tomorrow night from Animal Kingdom with a live trip report! :)

I bet you wished you'd never asked :lmao:

No! I'm very glad I asked. So much tradition there. Of course we Americans just had to be "free" from the Motherland. Look how we've robbed ourselves of the opportunity to be royal :mad::lmao:

Jo I saw on the news that Prince William had decided he would not be wearing a wedding ring! It didn't say why though :confused3

I saw that at one point before the wedding. They did explain, but now I don't recall. Even if he doesn't choose to wear it often, I was kind of surprised he chose not to have one at all.

I forgot. I would be Lady Grace Gidget-Melchoir.

Gidget. I love that name :goodvibes

But on a postive note - she is so HAPPY to have me there. :thumbsup2

:lovestruc I know that the anesthesia & other meds can do wonky things. Hopefully once they clear her system things will turn around.:hug:

Loved your questions Nancy. Cutie would be SO PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She would, wouldn't she :laughing:

Oh and got a place. Another bidding war. But won it this time. Was before Easter weekend but I've just been so preoccupied.

We close on my birthday. Which means that our brains were not working with that. :cool2: Such a silly choice because I ADORE birthdays. Well my birthday I mean. :rotfl2: :goodvibes I graduated from university on one (ceremony) and getting a house (condo) on another so interesting for memories I guess.

Oh, and by the way......WHAT!?!?! You just drop that little bomb on us like it's nothing? :rotfl2: I'm so, so very happy for you. And, in the spirit of Cutie. TELL ME! What kind of neighborhood? What does it look like? Pictures? DETAILS!! :laughing:

and when I was younger my Aunt had a dog called Scamp but I called him Brian :confused3

I was a very strange child obviously :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hi - my name is Paula and I have been eating too much, exercising too little and frankly getting fatter as a result of it all. :confused3

I am re-introducing myself to the thread, a healthy lifestyle and well a life in general. I need help getting my focus off of work, work and more work and back to the life I know I need. One that is filled with healthy food choices in appropriate quantities, workouts that leave me a little sore, but wanting to do more. One where I am not glued to a computer or my e-mail delivery device of convenience answering question after question from a bunch of government flunkies. I want the me of last year back. You know the year where I finished my first 1/2 marathon and nearly finished my first century ride. The one who had time to support her fellow goddesses and seek support when needed. Where did she go?

Day 1 starts now!

Oh and I am so in need of claiming thread bankruptcy for the last two weeks. Please, will someone either give me the quick catch up or grant me bankruptcy.

Welcome Back Paula :cheer2:

(am I the only one who just started to sing the theme song to Welcome Back Kotter? :eek: Please Lisa. Tell me you were singing too. PLEASE :lmao:)

now for my personal report:

Last week of wagonhood was mixed. I had good, meh and bad food days. Workouts were solid and that helped pull me thru. The end result was a 1.5 pound loss. I'm happy with that, but also am fully aware that given my post-Easter bloat I should have been able to achieve a higher loss this week with just a *tad* more focus.

Happy Monday All!

Kat, congrats on the job, but more importantly....AKL!!!!!!! I hope you have a blast, I'm green with envy!

Paula, hope Day 1 of getting back yourself is going well! :goodvibes I'm feeling just the same way, but it's pain I'm having to overcome, so I'm going to have to buckle down.

So, bizarre as this sounds (and to be honest, everything related to me seems bizarre, so I shouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes: ) I think that taking Glucosamine is causing the pain??? This makes little sense b/c Gluc. is supposed to help with joint pain, right? BUT, I'm worse this morning after taking it again yesterday and I have been an angel with my eating. I did a little research and found a few mentions of Gluc. lowering Estrogen! Well, I've also been having night sweats and I think maybe the Gluc. lowered my already low hormone levels? I know, I'm not a Dr. but I play one in really well, right? :laughing:

Besides, Dr.'s never help me, so I had to take things into my own hands. :p Anyway, I am stopping the Glucosamine and ordered some natural herbs that are supposed to help with low estrogen issues. We'll see. All I know is I feel about 70 years old this morning and I'm hobbling around. I couldn't run if I tried, and that is really discouraging. So, hopefully I'm on the right track!

Ramble.

Kelly - love that you named them Lennon and McCartney - not John and Paul! :lmao:

We got cats on Friday and they are called Mimi and Mack. So cute.

Day 1 starts now!

Hi Paula! You officially have thread bakruptcy! Start fresh!!!

now for my personal report:

Last week of wagonhood was mixed. I had good, meh and bad food days. Workouts were solid and that helped pull me thru. The end result was a 1.5 pound loss. I'm happy with that, but also am fully aware that given my post-Easter bloat I should have been able to achieve a higher loss this week with just a *tad* more focus.

Happy Monday All!

Wagonhood is always mixed...right? I think 1.5 is awesome!

Kat, congrats on the job, but more importantly....AKL!!!!!!! I hope you have a blast, I'm green with envy!

Paula, hope Day 1 of getting back yourself is going well! :goodvibes I'm feeling just the same way, but it's pain I'm having to overcome, so I'm going to have to buckle down.

So, bizarre as this sounds (and to be honest, everything related to me seems bizarre, so I shouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes: ) I think that taking Glucosamine is causing the pain??? This makes little sense b/c Gluc. is supposed to help with joint pain, right? BUT, I'm worse this morning after taking it again yesterday and I have been an angel with my eating. I did a little research and found a few mentions of Gluc. lowering Estrogen! Well, I've also been having night sweats and I think maybe the Gluc. lowered my already low hormone levels? I know, I'm not a Dr. but I play one in really well, right? :laughing:

Besides, Dr.'s never help me, so I had to take things into my own hands. :p Anyway, I am stopping the Glucosamine and ordered some natural herbs that are supposed to help with low estrogen issues. We'll see. All I know is I feel about 70 years old this morning and I'm hobbling around. I couldn't run if I tried, and that is really discouraging. So, hopefully I'm on the right track!

Ramble.

Wow, so interesting! I can buy that. I take allergy medicine that knocks me out even though it's not supossed to AT ALL. I took one yesterday and felt like a zombie. It takes about 3-4 days not to make me feel like a zombie and 3-4 days to ween off it. For example, no pill today and still feel comatose. So drugs do things to us we don't think they will!

I don't think that's bizarre really at all! Everyone reacts a little differently to any medication, and no medication is 100% guaranteed to work for everyone! I know when my husband (who is a very smart man!) took ginko he became the stupidest person on two feet :lmao: It was CRAZY! He cut that stuff out right quick!

I cleaned off my desk yesterday. <phew> what a mess it was. Under the rubble I found this little scrap of paper that I had written a couple of quotes on. I'm sure that I've shared them before, but one in particular is resonating with me today.

Being overweight is hard.
Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining your weight is hard.
Choose your hard.

Today I've chosen to the "losing is hard" option. I so, so wanted a Sam Adams. Or two. :rolleyes1 I had none. :thumbsup2

And this is for all of us:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" (Winston Churchill)

Nancy, Way to go on the 1.5

Hi Paula, I am Jo, when you find the wagon, can you lead me to the yellow brick road to where it is???

Karen, you may be on to something, everyone takes to drugs differently.

Liz, Love your quotes, Don't foget, Strong Is the New Skinny

Hope everyone had a great day, Glad Monday's over.

Ronda, Amy, EE, E, Kat, Lisa, Kelly. Hope you all are well

Good Morning Goddesses! :sunny:

Wait. Now say that like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam :mic: GOOOOD MORNING GODDESSESSSSS!!!! :rotfl2:

yeah. I'm a tad punchy today. :laughing:

Karen - I need some guidance. I have an appointment this afternoon for Becca to have her head shots taken. I've chosen 2 different tops for her to wear. One is a plain white button-up shirt with a collar (one that she wears for concert choir performances) and the other is a saphire blue v-neck sweater. Do those sound like good choices to you? I was thinking something plain was best - whether we go with color or black and white shots they seemed like good options.

Paula - family dinner tonight? How's dad? Still making wine? :lovestruc

Kat- Enjoy your trip!!:thumbsup2

Amy - I didn't post it here yesterday, but HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAY'S TO YOU!

Lisa - how's mom? :flower3:

Ronda & EE - are you both safe from the flood waters?

Erika - healing ok? When do you start PT?

Liz - how are the kitties working out? (we *still* may end up with a kitten)

Jo, Kelly, Meg....where's Meg? Maybe Lisa was right about the syrup :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter