• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

HEY there
I am home and a awake. I swear I slept all day yesterday!
So I had an ok week at home! Its hard sometimes to go home only because the kids are older and my family can't contain them to one room. My boys are active to say the least! They don't like being contained to one room. BUt we had a great visit and we all had a fun time at the ice show! I spent more time at my middle brothers house because my little nephew had the stomach flu and I didn't want to spread it to my house! It was fun seeing the reactions from both my nephew and my brother at the disney characters. My brother is dying to go to Disney. I can't wait to see what he is like there! I got some great pictures of he and Stephen in the lightning McQueen hats that can on the cotton candy! The both walked through the Boston Gardens with them on!

As for weight it isn't good as I didn't make the best choices! Rather I didn't even think about what I ate I just ate! Vacation or not I really destroyed it. I am having a very hard time to get on track and have been since thanksgiving. NO fault to anything just am craving J U N K . Cookies chips pizza doughnuts. Yup all the good stuff. Although I went to the grocery store last night and spent a lot of time getting fresh fruit and veggies. I didn't buy any crap! No soda no cookies no nothing.

When we left on Saturday, we were torn on what to do with Mocha, not sure if we should take her or leave her with my sister in law. SIL said she would take her but Steph thought she sounded kinda mad about it so he told her never mind and then she said NO really we want to keep her! So mocha stayed behind in NY with a german shepherd and a shi tzu. I can say BOY did we miss her! It was like leaving one of my kids behind!

Liz and Nancy thanks for letting my know where you guys went!

On a sad note my friends little girl Christina (the one I told you all about) she passed away on Monday. I am sad for the family but kinda relieved for them also. She has been sick so long and hasn't been outside of Children's hospital since September. The last time I think she was out is when they did their WISH trip to Disney. So keep her family Nicole, Bill & Connor in your prayers.
Ok off to see what the boys are up to! Download Pictures and Finish up my F A V O R I T E chore! :laundy:

Good morning to all. It was C25K W3D3 today. Wheee! I made it, but felt really winded. I felt that Sunday, too. A cough that lasted for a while afterwards. It’s gone now and I didn’t notice it Tuesday. The internet tells me not to worry though.

I have a question about scales. I have access to a doctor’s office style scale (the slidy beam one) at the gym. I trust it and consider it to be the final arbiter of my weight. Our scale at home is a garden variety Health O Meter. It is always a few pounds off – both ways – from minute to minute - from what the accurate scale shows. I see people posting VERY precise weights. If you have a home scale you trust, tell me about it.

Back to running. I got another of the Bingham/Hadfield books. I like the explanation about how the heart and lungs improve first, then the muscles and finally the joints, tendons and ligaments. I don’t feel any pains, but find myself already afraid of injury. I’m judiciously following C25K. I know to build mileage slowly. What other words of wisdom should I soak up?

I need to start tracking food again – I use fitday.com. I can go a couple of weeks and then start slipping. Tracking is very sobering. Maybe I can only obsess about one thing at a time ; )

Ronda

ETA - post 1000!!!!

I will check mine when I go home. I got it from BB&Beyond a while back when I had a gift card to use up. It does body fat as well but that is about 5-10% off according to when I have had my body fat done by a pro.

I use sparkpeople.com to track food. I started with fitday but somehow I just found sparkpeople easier. They let you have access to food that others have entered (yes I check before I use it, but still easier than entering it all yourself!), plus their db of food just seem to be bigger.

Tracking is definitely sobering!! But I know when I don't do it, I backslide. For me, it is the key piece to my losing and probably eventually maintaining weight.

I go away for ONE day. ONE. Takes me for.ever. to catch up. :laughing:

We went to NYC and saw Guys & Dolls on Broadway. Loads of fun. Lots of walking, window shopping ('cause there is NO WAY I'm spending $1400 on a purse. I don't CARE that it's 70% off. :scared1: ) Got home at 11:30 last night, and had a 7:00am "beating" at the gym. :laughing: Back on track today.

Today I attempted my last long wog before taper. Did not go well. I do have my new shoes, but my shins are still hurting. Alot. So after 2.5 miles I headed home and plan on resting from running until the weekend at least. At this point me getting in another long run isn't going to make that much difference for the 1/2 next weekend. I have a good base and will have to have faith in that. So that's where I am at. I will probably do core later today and tomorrow morning.

I agree with you Amy. Another long run at this point is going to do more harm than good. Rest those shins. Advil. Ice. Mabye some non-impact cardio if it's an option? (elliptical, bike, swim?)

and have a GREAT time in N.C.

Hmm, that's about all I can think of for "Ultra-Random Wednesday". :rotfl2:

:laughing: Somehow my daughter knew it was "ultra-random Wednesday" yesterday! We were crossing 5th avenue, and she tells everyone "it's my life's ambition to be an orange traffic cone" huh? :confused3

:rotfl2:

She said, "OMG, you run so differently - so smooth and light and effortless".

I love her :love:

And, shocker of all shockers...

Nick joined Weight Watchers today.

Wow. Nice to have support. And a little competition. But remember (Roddy- avert your eyes. I don't mean you, ok?) men suck. :laughing: Don't let it get to you if he drops quickly, k? It's good. It's all good. :goodvibes

And if he does well (I mean WHEN he does well ;) ) it's going to be because of YOU, the resident WW guru.

But I'm big cheerleader for not always searching. I've come to that. You know. Want it. Strive for "it". Whatever "it" is. But love love love where you are. And I think, as women - a lot of women, we simply don't have an ending point. It seems so constant. And I'm not really talking about just weight here. Better mother, better this, better that, better, better, better. Where does it flippin' end? I guess I would like all of us to have goals but know we are damn fantastic as we are.

I can't have homeless insanity. :laughing:

Have I told you lately how much I love you? :lovestruc

The internet tells me not to worry though.

:laughing: That so sounded funny to me

I have a digital scale at home - and like (was it Sarah? lost it here..) I have been known to weigh myself 2 or 3 times in a row, just to "check". And while I don't know for sure my scale is totally accurate, I believe that it is at least consistant. So, I assume my weight loss or gain should be pretty much smack-on

HEY there
I am home and a awake.

Hi Steph! Welcome home. I hear ya on the junk cravings. Once I get into that cycle it can be SO hard to break. :headache: But sounds like you did a great job at the grocery store :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about little Christina. :hug: What a valiant fight that little one fought. And yes, it is so sad for the family. Can't imagine losing a child.

Ronda - :woohoo: on the refund!

Stacey - good luck with house hunting.

Kelly - 2 pounds. :cool1: Awesome!

Paula - I just love that your posts are oozing with confidence. :dance3:

Dawn - sorry about the flu. :sick: That's a bummer. I rarely get sick (knock on wood :rolleyes1 ) but when I do, I am miserable.

:laughing: Somehow my daughter knew it was "ultra-random Wednesday" yesterday! We were crossing 5th avenue, and she tells everyone "it's my life's ambition to be an orange traffic cone" huh? :confused3

:lmao:
This is the absolute Gods honest truth - when I was younger according to my Mum my life's ambition was to be a White Line - as in the white line in the middle of the road that seperates the lanes.
She did tell me to go for it, as Im tall enough to be a nice long white line! :rotfl2:

Hi gang,

Steph - so sorry to hear about Christina. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Glad you had fun with your family. Hang in there. The crap food cravings will subside. Really.

Ronda - I use the scale at Jenny Craig as my final arbiter, but I do have a digital scale at home that I use to stay on track (yes, I am one of those who weighs themselves every morning. I don't beat myself up too badly about the results since everything is relative, but it does keep me on target). I am of the belief that you pick once scale to use as a measuring device and stick with that. Again, because everthing is relative, so keeping one thing constant will help.

As for tracking, I don't track religiously, but when I start to veer off my program I do. It helps me to get back on track. I am focusing on my exercise and water right now, but I spent the last year and a half dealing only with food. I can really only work on one thing at a time I think. So food is somewhat on autopilot at the moment and once the exercise thing is really down (probably sometime in April), I'll start tweaking the food again by starting the transition off of Jenny Craig and onto real food that I prepare myself.

Nancy - glad you had fun in the city. Can't wait to get downt here again. I am off for my beating tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Amy - you continue to amaze me with your progress. So proud of you and totally loving the arm definition. Show them off with pride girl!!!

Dawn - feel better

gotta run - talk to you all later,
Paula

Steph, great to see you back, so sorry about Christina. That poor family! my heart goes out to them.

Super quick, does anyone have a very very simple lowfat meatloaf recipe? Like, off the top of your head? I can do a search, just wondering if one of you has one you know by heart and love.

I call this Thanksgiving dinner meatloaf. Ground turkey, pound and a half or so, light and dark meat for me. Mix in shredded carrot, shredded potato, shredded celery (maybe finely chopped celery). For binding one egg and crushed stuffing (Pepperidge Farm herb). Pepper, maybe some salt, but not for me.

Form into a loaf and bake at 350 for what seems like an eternity - 60 minutes or so.

I have this great meatloaf pan. It like a double loaf pan and the upper one has drain holes. Buh-bye grease.

Nancy - I forgot to say earlier, Im glad you had a good time in NY. I absolutely :lovestruc NY. I'd love to go back there with DH - one day!

Food:

Breakfast - Bran Flakes and Skimmed Milk
Snack - WW Toffee Crisp Bar
Lunch - WW Pitta Bread filled with Wafer Thin Ham, tomato, rocket lettuce and a smidge of low fat mayo. WW Yoghurt and sugar free Jelly
Snack - Apple and 2 Satsumas
Dinner - Pork Loin Steak, Jacket Potato, Green Bean, Health Living Coleslaw.

Ive also got a bag of Caramel Snack-A-Jacks to eat whilst im watching Grey's Anatomy!

It seems like ive eaten a lot of food today, but im actually 2 points UNDER my daily allowance! Crazy stuff this WW.

Ive also done 45 mins on the cross trainer.
Dont tell anyone, but my trousers feel a little loose! :cool1:

Roddy, I had to read your four random thoughts out loud at the dinner table, because I was laughing so obviously. (On my iPhone, at my inlaws' house for dinner.)

But don't worry, it was between dinner and dessert so I wasn't being rude. Because you know how I feel about rudeness. Well, you don't, but the girls do.

I hope they enjoyed it. I always try to give a little for 'everyone' not just us. Also, you bring up a great point. I love sarcasm, snark and jest. They are the greatest non-food items on earth. At the same time, though, I hate rudeness, it's not cool and it's uncalled for and is just plain, well, rude. :lmao:
So, you're not alone!

Your daughter's ambitions are admirable. I wanted to be a dump truck when I was five. :sad2:

I'm not sure what that says about the living conditions and home life of a child that had rather be an inanimate object :rotfl2:

Wow. Nice to have support. And a little competition. But remember (Roddy- avert your eyes. I don't mean you, ok?) men suck. :laughing: Don't let it get to you if he drops quickly, k? It's good. It's all good. :goodvibes

And if he does well (I mean WHEN he does well ;) ) it's going to be because of YOU, the resident WW guru.

Don't worry, Most men do suck. Not me, though! :cool1:

:lmao:
This is the absolute Gods honest truth - when I was younger according to my Mum my life's ambition was to be a White Line - as in the white line in the middle of the road that seperates the lanes.
She did tell me to go for it, as Im tall enough to be a nice long white line! :rotfl2:

Oh, phew! I'm glad you clarified that. At the beginning, I was under the impression you wanted to be a line of coke. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Ive also done 45 mins on the cross trainer.
Dont tell anyone, but my trousers feel a little loose! :cool1:

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone, but Kelly is on her way to becoming a member of the droopy bummocks pant club... :rotfl:

Off for my beating at the gym. Have fun, but not too much until I get back.

Paula

Quiet day today! :confused3

Nancy - I forgot to say earlier, Im glad you had a good time in NY. I absolutely :lovestruc NY. I'd love to go back there with DH - one day!

We don't get there nearly enough. We are only about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive. And while I love my peace and quiet out here in the country, I can totally see the attraction to living there.

Kelly, your food is always a learning experience. For instance, today I learned what a satsuma is! Sort of like a clementine, but not really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikan

Is sugar free jelly like what you would spread on toast? Or more like jello?

:laughing: I was wondering myself what "satsuma" was. Thanks for saving me the look-up!

Your daughter's ambitions are admirable. I wanted to be a dump truck when I was five. :sad2:

Don't worry, Most men do suck. Not me, though! :cool1:

That's good to know...;)

Oh, phew! I'm glad you clarified that. At the beginning, I was under the impression you wanted to be a line of coke. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

:scared1: :rotfl2:

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone, but Kelly is on her way to becoming a member of the droopy bummocks pant club... :rotfl:

:laughing: Now there's a great club to have gained membership to! Congrats to all you saggy pants!

Off for my beating at the gym. Have fun, but not too much until I get back.

Enjoy your pummelling, Paula! :goodvibes I was very whiney today at mine. Very. I got *threatened* with extra sets :scared:

HEY there
I am home and a awake. I swear I slept all day yesterday!
So I had an ok week at home! Its hard sometimes to go home only because the kids are older and my family can't contain them to one room. My boys are active to say the least! They don't like being contained to one room. BUt we had a great visit and we all had a fun time at the ice show! I spent more time at my middle brothers house because my little nephew had the stomach flu and I didn't want to spread it to my house! It was fun seeing the reactions from both my nephew and my brother at the disney characters. My brother is dying to go to Disney. I can't wait to see what he is like there! I got some great pictures of he and Stephen in the lightning McQueen hats that can on the cotton candy! The both walked through the Boston Gardens with them on!

As for weight it isn't good as I didn't make the best choices! Rather I didn't even think about what I ate I just ate! Vacation or not I really destroyed it. I am having a very hard time to get on track and have been since thanksgiving. NO fault to anything just am craving J U N K . Cookies chips pizza doughnuts. Yup all the good stuff. Although I went to the grocery store last night and spent a lot of time getting fresh fruit and veggies. I didn't buy any crap! No soda no cookies no nothing.

When we left on Saturday, we were torn on what to do with Mocha, not sure if we should take her or leave her with my sister in law. SIL said she would take her but Steph thought she sounded kinda mad about it so he told her never mind and then she said NO really we want to keep her! So mocha stayed behind in NY with a german shepherd and a shi tzu. I can say BOY did we miss her! It was like leaving one of my kids behind!

Liz and Nancy thanks for letting my know where you guys went!

On a sad note my friends little girl Christina (the one I told you all about) she passed away on Monday. I am sad for the family but kinda relieved for them also. She has been sick so long and hasn't been outside of Children's hospital since September. The last time I think she was out is when they did their WISH trip to Disney. So keep her family Nicole, Bill & Connor in your prayers.
Ok off to see what the boys are up to! Download Pictures and Finish up my F A V O R I T E chore! :laundy:

So sorry for your friend's loss.

Is it really possible that I haven't posted all day? Guess I don't have much to say. How...unusual. :lmao:

Steph--sorry for that family. Tragic.

Liz--cool about Nick. I can't believe that he doesn't already just know all of the point values for everything. He didn't just pick it up by living with you? And he doesn't call you throughout the day and ask, "How many points is....?" before he eats it? This will be fun to watch.

Tomorrow post your challenge results! Except for Amy who already posted and totally rocked it this week! WOO HOO on the loss!

Over and out.

Hey everybody!

Things are crazy busy here. My car is on the fritz ~ I swear no pun intended. And we are understaffed, but we still can't get extra people in management at work. Agh, I need a day off to just do nothing.

Oh Oh, something else to add to my craziness. I have decided to re-enroll to finish my degree. I'm going to take a course through LSU this spring (open enrollment), then pick back up this summer.

Be back later ~ much later.

Checking in for my day.

Food: 27 points

alcohol: none

water: plenty

Exercise: 60 min strength training session, 30 min easy cardio. 90 min total 1060/2100

Hi everyone...

I made it through my pummeling and yes it was just that. He changed up my warm up (like he always does) and I had to do squats followed by one minute of lunges (all with a medicine ball in my hands), push ups and then core where you are kneeling on the floor and walking the ball out with your hands and back. This was followed by a quick rest and then two more sets of the whole thing. After that was done, it was onto the 'real' work out with more squats (with more weight), shoulder presses, etc. It was hard and I am exhausted. Feeling good, but definitely exhausted. Food wise I am doing well, still on JC food, but that is all right for another month or so.

Amiee - sorry to hear that things are kind of crappy right now. Hang in there!!! :flower3:

Amy - way to stay on track!!!

Liz - you are going to kick Nick's butt at WW. He is going to realize that he can't function without you.

Kelly - we can get t-shirts made for the droopy bummocks club... are you game?

Erika - you were quiet today. Guess we all need some time away now and again.

Speaking of time away:
Lyz, LisaV, LisaZ, LisaPR, and everyone else who hasn't posted recently - hope you are doing well. You are missed here... just saying.

OK - I am ready to call it a night. Need to make my lunch and then crash into my bed.

Talk to you all in the AM.

Amiee--I teach for LSU (though not currently). Whatcha taking?

Nancy--great job! Ok, let's talk points. Right now I am counting calories, but I may switch to points...just thinking about it. But I only get 18-19 points per day plus splurge. I know that you figure on about 28 points a day, right? Do you divide your splurge points into 7 days? As in, you are really allowed 23 points per day, but then you add in 5 splurge points each day?

This is where it doesn't make sense to me. We are pretty close in weight, so you should get one more daily point than me, right? So if I am allowed 18-19 daily points, shouldn't you be in the 19-20 daily point range and not 23? (Can you tell I am looking for a loophole that would allow me more daily points??? :rotfl2: ) Or are you also factoring in exercise points?

It HAS been quiet today!

FUN OT COMMENT...

So I just started a new class this week, and one of my students works for DVC! She posted it in her intro. Of course I was all over that, told her that I am an owner, that I love it, etc. So now she starts all of her projects with, "Welcome Home, Doc...." HA! She is SO getting an A!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter