• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

I'm here Lyz!!!!

I haven't read. But Kelly. Oh Kelly, how I adore Indian food. An island stranded- Indian, Mexican, Korean and West Indian food. Well, I'd be smiling. Oh, so smiling.

Congrats Kelly on your loss! Way to go you.

My week. Lots of emotional eating. Don't ask. Way too long and dramatic. Exercise bang on. As usual.

Had Raptors' tickets tonight. And since I was home was able to walk there. Anyway, here's the lovely.

I was running across intersections (we have a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 here brings out the competitve instead of stopping me at the light) and Jean said, "You run so different (no ideas Erika!!!!:lmao: )". I said, "what?". She said, "OMG, you run so differently - so smooth and light and effortless".

I have to say that means more than any weight loss to me. It really does. Yeah!!!

Will catch up soon - maybe tomorrow. Liz, did you see my post to you about Jean's legs?

Sarah, I have a curious question for you. Simply my ongoing curiousity. I know you are right back on track but when you gained while you were off were you still weighing yourself regularly or was it just a case of off the scale as well?

Actually, I have more to say about my emotional eating. This was not an issue, honestly, while I lost most of my weight. In fact, I was a tad cocky and thought I had it tamed for good - that's how well I had dealt with it. It's very interesting to me as I get close to goal that it seems like it's in overdrive. Just thinking outloud.

Erika, I am SO proud of you for tracking! I know how you have loathed it, but look at the awesome results! So totally worth it, right? (Is that an Erika phrase, or what?)

I am such a big fan of tracking.

Roddy, I had to read your four random thoughts out loud at the dinner table, because I was laughing so obviously. (On my iPhone, at my inlaws' house for dinner.)

But don't worry, it was between dinner and dessert so I wasn't being rude. Because you know how I feel about rudeness. Well, you don't, but the girls do.

And on that dinner...I was so very nice. (Proud of me, Lyz?) And it was good food - and not crazy points wise! (Kat, are you amazed?) And I didn't go overboard and stress eat! (Erika, crown, please.) All in all I was super impressed with myself and them and what they feed us. Especially in pursuant to recent events.

And, shocker of all shockers...

Nick joined Weight Watchers today. After 1 year and 4 months of me being on it and him eating donuts or whatever outside the house, he got on the train! Choo-choo! I am of course making myself "useful" by discussing it non-stop and offering tidbits of advice and excited exclamations containing food suggestions, products, and tricks. I really could talk about food and dieting all day. He probably could not. But I don't talk to him for more than an hour a day, total, so he's just going to have to deal. ;)

So it looks like this week, I am really and truly ON. Because I am so not going to let that combo of starter diet and men's metabolism kick my skinnier a$$ in weight loss. Oh, no. I am going to beat him!

I hope i can stay awake long enough tomorrow and not collapse with exhaustion so I can go back to my BL video!

Actually, I have more to say about my emotional eating. This was not an issue, honestly, while I lost most of my weight. In fact, I was a tad cocky and thought I had it tamed for good - that's how well I had dealt with it. It's very interesting to me as I get close to goal that it seems like it's in overdrive. Just thinking outloud.

Oooh yes. Our baggage loves to come back and say "Hi! Remember me? Nope, I'm not off the revolving carousel yet! Just coming back around until you drag me off! Oh, and I'm heavy, too. But I did get a little lighter than last time. Didja notice?"

And yes, I did see that post. I had a fever. Brain addled. :rotfl: I sort of stored it away thinking, hmm, at goal weight I will find one of those and then use it to reshape...

Love the comment from Jean. That is so awesome and so cool. God Bless women. We notice stuff.

Oooh yes. Our baggage loves to come back and say "Hi! Remember me? Nope, I'm not off the revolving carousel yet! Just coming back around until you drag me off! Oh, and I'm heavy, too. But I did get a little lighter than last time. Didja notice?"

And yes, I did see that post. I had a fever. Brain addled. :rotfl: I sort of stored it away thinking, hmm, at goal weight I will find one of those and then use it to reshape...

Love the comment from Jean. That is so awesome and so cool. God Bless women. We notice stuff.

Are you feeling better? For how long Liz? Flu? :love: to you.

Nick joined Weight Watchers today. After 1 year and 4 months of me being on it and him eating donuts or whatever outside the house, he got on the train! Choo-choo! I am of course making myself "useful" by discussing it non-stop and offering tidbits of advice and excited exclamations containing food suggestions, products, and tricks. I really could talk about food and dieting all day. He probably could not. But I don't talk to him for more than an hour a day, total, so he's just going to have to deal. ;)

!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: . Poor ting! Poor, poor ting. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

So wonderfully written Liz. I could imagine it all. His face. How I imagine Mr.Nick anyway.

Lisa, do you know you are in my head when I whine about being fat from this current weight gain? I was whining to my BFF Jackie this weekend - we have started a regular Sunday date so we see and speak to one another - and I asked if she could see the weight on me. And she was like, No, if you didn't talk about it non-stop, I wouldn't have noticed. But sure, when you are back in your skinny jeans I will notice that.

And I said, well, my friend Lisa (all my friends know about the thread) says I need to stop saying I'm fat. And Jackie was like "YES! She is right! You are not fat!" So you are in my head, I swear. I'm not fat. I'm just a normal woman with some weight to loss.

Ooooh, I write it and then wonder if it's true!

Lisa, do you know you are in my head when I whine about being fat from this current weight gain? I was whining to my BFF Jackie this weekend - we have started a regular Sunday date so we see and speak to one another - and I asked if she could see the weight on me. And she was like, No, if you didn't talk about it non-stop, I wouldn't have noticed. But sure, when you are back in your skinny jeans I will notice that.

And I said, well, my friend Lisa (all my friends know about the thread) says I need to stop saying I'm fat. And Jackie was like "YES! She is right! You are not fat!" So you are in my head, I swear. I'm not fat. I'm just a normal woman with some weight to loss.

Ooooh, I write it and then wonder if it's true!

It is true Liz. I've seen the pictures. And sister you can't take those back. :rotfl: I'm so smiling. You can't take pictures back.

And I know you want to lose more. And that's great.

But I'm big cheerleader for not always searching. I've come to that. You know. Want it. Strive for "it". Whatever "it" is. But love love love where you are. And I think, as women - a lot of women, we simply don't have an ending point. It seems so constant. And I'm not really talking about just weight here. Better mother, better this, better that, better, better, better. Where does it flippin' end? I guess I would like all of us to have goals but know we are damn fantastic as we are.

And I know you already know that better than the average chickadee. Your writing about Nick being so lucky. About you are something. I adored it Liz. In fact, I think it hit me so hard that I don't think I even said a thing. It made me very emotional. I guess I longed to have that feeling. So longed for it at so many points in my life. If I had only known that I was okay. And adored your mother for sending you to that program despite her thoughts. For knowing that you were hurting and needed something. And by God she was going to find what you needed. That's so lovely. Please tell her I said that Liz. That is such a mother. What a mother should be. :love: to her.

Now, I do see the other side with weight. Dawn, I think it was Dawn, left some stats on how many women sit just above goal. So right now I'm trying very hard to balance loving where I'm at with being a tad suspicious of all this emotional eating and sabotage. Balance. Balance. Balance. Balance.

Thank you for allowing me to sit in your head since cutie is begging me to get out of mine. I got to go somewhere. :lmao:

I can't have homeless insanity. :laughing:

Love to you. :lovestruc You are such an inspiration.

GOOD MORNING

Liz - I think its great that you're back ON, and Nick is joining you - healthy competition does you the world of good! :rotfl:

Erika - Excellent tracking! Hope the hammy is feeling ok :cool1: (In the name of friendship, no more bananas! :lmao: )

LisaV - I know what you mean about emotional eating :hug:

Sarah - A noodle out of his nose?! Wow, thats pretty funny actually :rotfl2:

Roddy - You make me howl! :lmao:

Everyone - :wave2:

I'll pop back later with my food!
Ive hopped right back in with the exercise - Ive smashed my target for the week! :thumbsup2

Good Morning All -

Did cardio & strength this morning, strength kicked my butt (muscles aren't used to this business yet!)

Have an appointment with my realtor this weekend, pretty excited about that!!!!

I have been tracking/exercising everyday this week, but it hasn't always been pretty. We had a really off schedule this week and have been eating out a ton. I haven't been awful, but i haven't been great. I'm not too hopeful for tomorrow's weigh in, but we'll see. Make up for it next week!

Happy to hear so many people are losing, exercising and tracking, Great job!

I have to go shower, because I am in fact, icky, from the gym ;)

Have a great day!

Sarah, I have a curious question for you. Simply my ongoing curiousity. I know you are right back on track but when you gained while you were off were you still weighing yourself regularly or was it just a case of off the scale as well?

I did weigh but only like 2-3 times a week instead of everyday.

GOOD MORNING

Liz - I think its great that you're back ON, and Nick is joining you - healthy competition does you the world of good! :rotfl:

Erika - Excellent tracking! Hope the hammy is feeling ok :cool1: (In the name of friendship, no more bananas! :lmao: )

LisaV - I know what you mean about emotional eating :hug:

Sarah - A noodle out of his nose?! Wow, thats pretty funny actually :rotfl2:

Roddy - You make me howl! :lmao:

Everyone - :wave2:

I'll pop back later with my food!
Ive hopped right back in with the exercise - Ive smashed my target for the week! :thumbsup2

Yup a noodle out of his nose... LOL!

Good Morning all! Time for me to go do my strength training. Be back in a bit!

Good Morning Everybody!

I swear I am posting this in my sleep, so tired. I don't think I am a morning person any more. I have snoozed until 7 twice this week. Agh.

Is it Friday yet?

I am going to be on today since I was off yesterday.

Might be on later after I have consumed coffee.

Um, I'm starting a trend here ~ #600 on the thread.

LisaV - What you wrote about Liz and frankly, the rest of us, needing to learn how amazing we all are was so beautiful. That is a lesson we all need to work on. While I may not be where I want to be yet, I am happy with who I am now. Thanks for helping me to understand that.

Good Morning All -

Did cardio & strength this morning, strength kicked my butt (muscles aren't used to this business yet!)

Have an appointment with my realtor this weekend, pretty excited about that!!!!

I have been tracking/exercising everyday this week, but it hasn't always been pretty. We had a really off schedule this week and have been eating out a ton. I haven't been awful, but i haven't been great. I'm not too hopeful for tomorrow's weigh in, but we'll see. Make up for it next week!

Happy to hear so many people are losing, exercising and tracking, Great job!

I have to go shower, because I am in fact, icky, from the gym ;)

Have a great day!

Stacey - it does get easier. My muscles still rebel from time to time, but I think I am just getting used to it. I love your dedication to your program. Very inspiring.

BTW - you may be suprised at your weigh in. Your workouts use a lot of calories and you are building muscle which burns more calories at rest than fat. It took a few weeks for my body to really start to reflect the changes I had made, but once it did, the pounds flew right off. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Good Morning Everybody!

I swear I am posting this in my sleep, so tired. I don't think I am a morning person any more. I have snoozed until 7 twice this week. Agh.

Is it Friday yet?

I am going to be on today since I was off yesterday.

Might be on later after I have consumed coffee.

Um, I'm starting a trend here ~ #600 on the thread.

Wake up Amiee... Go have some coffee and then come back and play.

Congrats on post #600!!!!

Hi to everyone else... I am reading everything and you all continue to inspire me to make the changes I am making in my life. I wish I could reply to all of you right now, but I have to run to another series of meetings (this work thing really does get in the way sometimes :rotfl: ). Hope all is well with you all and I'll check in later and I promise to start responding to everyone again.

Paula

Quick update then heading back to bed.

Everyone here has the flu. 100 students just yesterday missed school at the middle school alone where Baylor goes. Migraine, 102 fevers and nausea. Not fun.

Hope all is well with everyone. Be back when I am better.

K - I skimmed -

Need to say - Kelly congrast on the loss and Liz - I am so very happy for you and Nick. This will be a great connection for you on so many levels.

Hey Girls and Guy!

Checking in early with Challenge stuff for this week since little D and I are going to NC tonight.

1. Exercise: Long run=Done. C25K 2/3. Core 2/2 (once I do core again today)
2. Tracking 3/3
3. Wagon: off last night for girl's night out. But on otherwise
4. Weight: DOWN 2 pounds this morning. 185.5. So, 2.5/5 for the challenge so far.

LisaV-Missed you on here!
Kelly-WTG on the loss!
Erika-:woohoo: for tracking and getting back to some running.
Liz-So cool that Nick will be doing WW!
Paula,Amiee,Stacey,LisaZ,Lisa PR,Kat, Roddy,Steph,Ronda :wave: :hug:

I probably won't get on here much for the next week. Probably some quick check in's from my crackberry.

Have a good week everyone!

Good morning to all. It was C25K W3D3 today. Wheee! I made it, but felt really winded. I felt that Sunday, too. A cough that lasted for a while afterwards. It’s gone now and I didn’t notice it Tuesday. The internet tells me not to worry though.

I have a question about scales. I have access to a doctor’s office style scale (the slidy beam one) at the gym. I trust it and consider it to be the final arbiter of my weight. Our scale at home is a garden variety Health O Meter. It is always a few pounds off – both ways – from minute to minute - from what the accurate scale shows. I see people posting VERY precise weights. If you have a home scale you trust, tell me about it.

Back to running. I got another of the Bingham/Hadfield books. I like the explanation about how the heart and lungs improve first, then the muscles and finally the joints, tendons and ligaments. I don’t feel any pains, but find myself already afraid of injury. I’m judiciously following C25K. I know to build mileage slowly. What other words of wisdom should I soak up?

I need to start tracking food again – I use fitday.com. I can go a couple of weeks and then start slipping. Tracking is very sobering. Maybe I can only obsess about one thing at a time ; )

Ronda

ETA - post 1000!!!!

Good morning to all. It was C25K W3D3 today. Wheee! I made it, but felt really winded. I felt that Sunday, too. A cough that lasted for a while afterwards. It’s gone now and I didn’t notice it Tuesday. The internet tells me not to worry though.

I have a question about scales. I have access to a doctor’s office style scale (the slidy beam one) at the gym. I trust it and consider it to be the final arbiter of my weight. Our scale at home is a garden variety Health O Meter. It is always a few pounds off – both ways – from minute to minute - from what the accurate scale shows. I see people posting VERY precise weights. If you have a home scale you trust, tell me about it.

Back to running. I got another of the Bingham/Hadfield books. I like the explanation about how the heart and lungs improve first, then the muscles and finally the joints, tendons and ligaments. I don’t feel any pains, but find myself already afraid of injury. I’m judiciously following C25K. I know to build mileage slowly. What other words of wisdom should I soak up?

I need to start tracking food again – I use fitday.com. I can go a couple of weeks and then start slipping. Tracking is very sobering. Maybe I can only obsess about one thing at a time ; )

Ronda

I am not sure what type we have (I can check when we get home) but we have a digital one. It doesn't usually flux weight. I am OCD and weigh 3 or 4 times in like 2 minutes to check for that. When I get home I will post what brand it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter