• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Hello everyone! :)

Erika - Im happy you've been cleared to run! I was daydreaming earlier and I daydreamed that you were climbing out of your window for a secret run :confused3 Who knows how this mind works!

WW was very good - I lost 2lb :banana: Im happy with that, especially with the Indian food on Saturday!

Hope everyone is having a good day, im just going to eat dinner now then bath and bed I think - im exhausted!

Congrats on the 2 pound loss you big loser you... :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3:

Told you all would be well this week. You were so on top of your program that a gain would not have been possible.

Enjoy your rest.

Kelly - well done on the loss! :cool1:

(See? No dancing banana. I love Erika.)

Feeling better, but not 100%. I'm surprised by this, for no good reason, really.

Food today - very good. I've been choosing my filling foods. Pea soup for lunch, Kashi waffles for breakfast (no syrup or butter on them), baby carrots and apple for snacks. 100 calorie almonds thrown in there, too. Almost the picture of a weight watcher! Will wonders never cease?

baby carrots and apple for snacks. 100 calorie almonds thrown in there, too. Almost the picture of a weight watcher! Will wonders never cease?

Baby Carrots are one of the greatest vegetables on the planet. A whole can of bean sprouts is like 3 servings and only 15 calories. My boss didn't come to work today which was awesome. The top on my favorite thermal coffee mug is cracked.

Hmm, that's about all I can think of for "Ultra-Random Wednesday". :rotfl2:

Baby Carrots are one of the greatest vegetables on the planet. A whole can of bean sprouts is like 3 servings and only 15 calories. My boss didn't come to work today which was awesome. The top on my favorite thermal coffee mug is cracked.

LOL!!!!! :lmao:

Ultra random Wednesday??? Didn't realize we had that. Either way, it is funny stuff.

Got home just in time for dinner only to have my phone ring and have to go back to work. Argh!!!! Finally home (and fed) and am now going to become one with the couch (it is my rest night and I am tired).

Have a good night everyone!

Kelly - well done on the loss! :cool1:

Feeling better, but not 100%. I'm surprised by this, for no good reason, really.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Where is the love, people??? :lmao:

:lmao: Roddy, you are a total riot and I am SO glad you joined us here! Word on the baby carrots. Love them. And sprouts. But canned??? I didn't even know they came that way.

Thermals mugs--so, Jeff and I each have a thermal mug, they are the same (cause we like matchy-matchy stuff). But he had to engrave a little "J" on his so that I won't ever use it. Even if both are clean and right out of the dishwasher, he has to use HIS. Have I ever mentioned his OCD-ness?

:lmao: Roddy, you are a total riot and I am SO glad you joined us here! Word on the baby carrots. Love them. And sprouts. But canned??? I didn't even know they came that way.

Thermals mugs--so, Jeff and I each have a thermal mug, they are the same (cause we like matchy-matchy stuff). But he had to engrave a little "J" on his so that I won't ever use it. Even if both are clean and right out of the dishwasher, he has to use HIS. Have I ever mentioned his OCD-ness?

I second the comment about Roddy! he is way too much fun!!! Canned sprouts are not so tasty! Usually very soggy! Blech...

Hmmm, I love EriKa too. Like a sister I must annoy. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kelly, well done on the 2lb loss. Bloody well done.

Random Wednesday. Love it.

Sarah. Daisy pics. Love them. I like that Daisy Duck for some reason. She's such a diva and always causing problems, but I like her nonetheless. Maddi wanted a stuffed character on our last trip. Using my mom executive powers - I of course had the option to veto the selection. Lets just say everything was veto'd except Daisy.

Challenge check-in for yesterday and today:

Tuesday:

Food = 1400 (toward the top end of my range, but in the range)
Tracking = I have tracked every single day for a month! And you KNOW what a big deal that is for me!
Alcohol = none
Exercise = 3.3 mile run, upper body strength; 1 hour total

Today:

Food = 900 so far, will end at 1150
Tracking = done, because I am a tracking Goddess. ;)
Alcohol = nada
Exercise = TONS of strength; 10 miles on the bike; 2.3 mile run; stretching for a whopping total of 2:40 of exercise today

Rehab update:

PT was a massive workout today. Have I mentioned that they treat me like a professional athlete there? :rotfl: It is hi lar ious! But they had me doing squats and lunges!!! SO excited to get some lower body strength conditioning in!

I have two PTs and one Sports Trainer who work with me the entire time. And they talk ALL of the lingo with me...VO2 max and lactate threshold and anaerobic glycolysis and so on. I don't have the heart to tell them how slow I am! :lmao: I swear, that they that I have a shot at winning this tri!

I am cleared to bike and cleared to swim, so that is great news. And now I am conditionally cleared to run! I can only run on the TM, have to do short runs, and at a slow, easy pace. And then see how it feels and reevalutate from there.

Both yesterday and today, my hamstring felt fine (or nearly fine) during the run. But afterwards...holy hell did it hurt! The good news is that yesterday it only hurt for 2 hours after the run, and tonight only for about an hour or so. So, that is some improvement.

Funny story...so they had me on the zapper (electro-stimulation therapy....little electric probes stuck to my leg and then they send shocks to the probes) and they were like, "Let's see how much juice she can take before she starts swearing at us!" Good times.

And Lyz...why isn't your green light on???? Update on taxes?

Shhhh, I'm hiding. Maybe no one will see me.

Um, gulp, my taxes. Yeah, I rescheduled for Tuesday. Did I tell you I was going to major in procrastination, but I never got around to it? Seriously, I can't think about taxes. There are more important things going on. The Oscars for one. And don't even get me started on. The. I'll think of something.

I second the comment about Roddy! he is way too much fun!!! Canned sprouts are not so tasty! Usually very soggy! Blech...

I'm glad I could bring everyone so much joy this evening! :goodvibes

Maybe I failed to mention the fact that I live in Hick-topia. So, it's hard to find lovely things like fresh bean sprouts and tahini and indoor plumbing. Sigh. :sad2:

I'm the same with the OCD-ness. My coffee mug drips on me because of the crack in the lid. So I put a towel in my car to use as a bib so I don't drip on me shirt. :lmao:

BECAUSE I GOTTA DRINK OUT OF MY COFFEE CUP!!!:scared:

I'm here gang!

Will post in a bit, but want to catch up first. Um, and take my blasted shoes off.

I'm glad I could bring everyone so much joy this evening! :goodvibes

Maybe I failed to mention the fact that I live in Hick-topia. So, it's hard to find lovely things like fresh bean sprouts and tahini and indoor plumbing. Sigh. :sad2:

I'm the same with the OCD-ness. My coffee mug drips on me because of the crack in the lid. So I put a towel in my car to use as a bib so I don't drip on me shirt. :lmao:

BECAUSE I GOTTA DRINK OUT OF MY COFFEE CUP!!!:scared:

I can vouch for this, he sure does live in hick-topia. Hick-ville. Hick-hell? Or just plain BFE...

Canned sprouts are good in stir-fry.

I am not sure if I have checked in the last few days, been on track for everything but exercise, as I took Tues/Wed as my off days this week, recovering from the weekend.

Kelly, 'grats on the loss!! :thumbsup2

Paula, sorry about the work call. :(

E, not surprised in the slightest about J. Then again, I have the one that freaks if I move his keyboard.

Matching mugs, but he still has to use his?!? :lmao: Too funny.

Canned bean sprouts ~ yummy Chinese section.

I'm sorry for not quoting everybody else tonight ~ too tired. Simply beat and my feet are killing me. Not really blisters, but painful knots. Make sense?

I was off today in the eating right department. We had pizza at work again. And I savored every morsel.

Shhhh, I'm hiding. Maybe no one will see me.

Um, gulp, my taxes. Yeah, I rescheduled for Tuesday. Did I tell you I was going to major in procrastination, but I never got around to it? Seriously, I can't think about taxes. There are more important things going on. The Oscars for one. And don't even get me started on. The. I'll think of something.

Um, if I am not allowed to hide, how come you are????

And I know about the taxes! Do you remember me last year? Seriously, I get physically ILL during tax time...and we have a tax attorney do ours! It's just that we are always so unpredictable. 2 years ago we OWED (a sickeningly huge amount) and then last year we got a refund. So it is just super stressful. I have most everything all pulled together and ready for the appointment. But I have yet to schedule said appointment. And I am totally borrowing a page out of your procastination book on that one.

Hmmm, I love EriKa too. Like a sister I must annoy. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kelly, well done on the 2lb loss. Bloody well done.

Random Wednesday. Love it.

Sarah. Daisy pics. Love them. I like that Daisy Duck for some reason. She's such a diva and always causing problems, but I like her nonetheless. Maddi wanted a stuffed character on our last trip. Using my mom executive powers - I of course had the option to veto the selection. Lets just say everything was veto'd except Daisy.

I am Daisy because my DH's first name is Donald (He goes by Will tho which is his middle name and what I call him). We collect Donald and Daisy pins at Disneyland and I go ape**** for Daisy stuff now. I love her!!! She is so sassy. Makes me sad she plays second fiddle to Minnie all the time and finding Daisy shirts is rough.

Tracked food... check.
Drank water... check.
exercised... check check... (did both everyday this week so far)

Farfalle with Pesto was not a hit with DH... He doesn't like healthy or green food. BUT he did try it and even bigger is I DID NOT finish his portion which back in the day I would have done. I liked it, may buy it again and just save half for the next night. Had spinach dip as my snack tonight and boy was it tasty!! Kat rocks for giving me that recipe. Tomorrow night is Spaghetti Squash...

ANNOUNCEMENT: DH just asked me if I had ever blown a noodle through my nose! My response was ummm no why? His: Because I just did!! :eek: Apparently he had to blow his nose while eating his cup of noodles. Men can be so odd... LOL!

Ok back to what I was saying about tomorrow nights dinner. LOL. Having spaghetti squash with prego chunky garden combo sauce, 4oz of ground turkey and some ff parm... Should be a pretty tasty meal :) Anywho... Nite nite all! See ya at 5am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter