• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Have a blast in the City! Jealous! I love living in Maine, but I so miss have access to NYC.

Um, yes it can. :lmao: We get fresh lobster and fish right from the pier. A few weeks ago it was under $2 per pound.:thumbsup2

Can I just say that I love this season of BL? Last season was so unsupportive and mean. This is how BL shoud be, kwim?

Ok let me rephrase... on the 7th layer of hell otherwise known as Arizona, 4.99 per tail is not bad at all. lol! Walmart has lobster for 26 a lb right now I believe... Haven't checked the asian market lately but usually they have great seafood prices...

Ok let me rephrase... on the 7th layer of hell otherwise known as Arizona, 4.99 per tail is not bad at all. lol! Walmart has lobster for 26 a lb right now I believe... Haven't checked the asian market lately but usually they have great seafood prices...

:rotfl2: Hey, we take what we can get, you know? Like, the weather SUCKS, but at least we get cheap seafood! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Hey, we take what we can get, you know? Like, the weather SUCKS, but at least we get cheap seafood! :rotfl2:

Exactly... like while you enjoy summer I will be roasting... But it will rarely get below 55 here during the day during winter... Hehe! :lmao: :lmao: AND I am driving distance from California. :rotfl:

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone is well :)

Breakfast - Crumpets and low fat spread
Snack - Go Ahead light italian herb savoury snack

Lunch - I am having homemade Creamed Mushrooms on Toast WW recipe - yum!

Tonight is the dreaded first WW weigh-in :scared1: So now im off to do the Disco Dance DVD then clean the house in the hope of burning off a few more calories! :lmao:

Have a great day everyone :)

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone is well :)

Breakfast - Crumpets and low fat spread
Snack - Go Ahead light italian herb savoury snack

Lunch - I am having homemade Creamed Mushrooms on Toast WW recipe - yum!

Tonight is the dreaded first WW weigh-in :scared1: So now im off to do the Disco Dance DVD then clean the house in the hope of burning off a few more calories! :lmao:

Have a great day everyone :)

Good luck tonight!

Good morning all! Its 530 here... about to go do my leg strength training! I'll post more when I get to work!

Morning everyone - sorry i was MIA yesterday, bruce and I are starting the process of.......................

BUYING A HOUSE!! Met with the bank etc. yesterday, waiting to hear back to set up meetings with my realtor. Taking things very slow (i'm very picky) but exciting!!!!

Did gym yesterday (40 min cardio 30 strength) and this morning (60 min cardio) now i'm off to work so i'm not late....

Have a great day!

Great job getting those early morning workouts in!

Stacey--exciting! This is a great market for first-time buyers. Since you don't have to sell a home, you can really do well on price. Keep us posted.

I am off to PT. Good thing...my hammie is SORE after that run last night.

Great job getting those early morning workouts in!

Stacey--exciting! This is a great market for first-time buyers. Since you don't have to sell a home, you can really do well on price. Keep us posted.

I am off to PT. Good thing...my hammie is SORE after that run last night.

Have fun!!!

Hi All,

I am getting ready to head for another round of meetings, but thought I would check in before I left.

Nancy - have fun in the city...

Stacey - good luck with house hunting. Remember you have resources here if you need us. So happy that you are still loving the gym.

Erika - take care of that hammie and good luck with PT today. Enjoy your massage.

Kelly - I'm sure your weigh in will be fine. You have been on all week.

Sarah - glad your dinner was so yummy... wish I could enjoy lobster, but I really don't. Now shrimp is a whole other story. Love that stuff.

Hi to everyone else and I'll check in later,
Paula

Hi all. I was all set to read and post a bunch last night when I downloaded Turbo Tax - $10 off if I act now. Well, one thing led to another and I did my taxes last night. I'm getting a vacation sized refund. :banana:

DGF did w3d1 of C25K last night while I walked the dog. Our run and walk back to the dog walker technique may need some adjustment as the runs get longer.

I biked to work today. Today any additional exercise is just gravy.

Stacey, good for you guys! It's an exciting time to be looking. Be choosy.

Erika - you mentioned blueberries as a superfood. One thing I took away from visiting Maine is blueberry wheat beer. At Geddy's they served it with some frozen berries. It was like a little lava lamp with berries rising to the top and then sinking again. Just what a drinker needs, entertainment in the glass. It's been hard finding any here in the midwest. I took away that, and the pancakes! Wheee!

Runner question - do any of you use one of the foot pod gizmos that work with the Polar or Garmin HRMs?

Paula - there's something rewarding about an honest tired.

Thanks,
Ronda

I am going to quote something I sent to Paula earlier:

Yes, this month has been difficult but it is definitely worth it. The hunger is fleeting but the end result will hopefully stay with me for a long time this time. I was able to stay at a healthy weight for 5 years (before this 4 year yo-yo) and I am going to do everything in my power to stay there.

I always hear people say, but "I *can't* eat 1200 calories," or "I could never give up <insert food here>," or "I can't lift/workout/etc that way." I don't think you need to give up things long-term, but I do think that the "I can't" mentality is something that needs to go if you truly want to be successful.

This is something that I am struggling with a lot in hockey, and I have to get past it to be a better player. It is also something that I am trying to do by committing to these 5Ks and marathons with you all. The old "I can't run" Kat needs to go in order to get there.

Kat - this is good. I have alot of *can't* and I need to push thru it.

So a question for everbody:

What is the one I can't that you want to change to I did?

I would like to change my committment to myself level. If I put in the workout time and made better choices...

See, I'm with Erika. I have no accent. ;)

:rolleyes:

And have I mentioned that my PT is a hottie? OMG, we flirt shamelessly the whole time. It is a riot.

:rotfl:

Morning everyone - sorry i was MIA yesterday, bruce and I are starting the process of.......................

BUYING A HOUSE!!

:cool1: Sarah - what an awesome time to be buying a house!

wish I could enjoy lobster, but I really don't. Now shrimp is a whole other story. Love that stuff.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I try the lobsta but it's just not a delicacy to me. Now shrimp. Mmmm. I'd walk a mile for shrimp.

there's something rewarding about an honest tired.

Excellent.

On Lobster. I firmly believe you need to go to a lobster community, and eat what they got that day. Changes your whole lobster perspective. I grew up eating lobster. While we're not Maine (and who is, really?) we do catch lobster here and my classmates always included one or two fisherman dads. But, I don't really like the tails. I try to trade claws with others for the tails! And lobster roll! YUM. Or, should I say lob-stah!

Tonight is the dreaded first WW weigh-in :scared1:

Good luck with the weigh-in, Kelly. I'm sure it will be great! :thumbsup2

BUYING A HOUSE!!

That's so exciting! Good luck -- I hope you find a great one!!! :hippie:

I am working at getting back on track -- sort of fell off a little bit earlier in the week, snacked too much, had some wine when hubby was having some. I pulled it back together last night and plan to remain that way for the rest of this week. Don't want to wipe out my progress.

Exercise is (fortunately) on track. I did manage to get through the shred overhead presses on Monday -- although the last 3 or 4 were pretty shaky. :headache: Still counts as progress -- I'm doing it again tonight, gonna kick some jillian bummocks. :goodvibes

Hope you're all doing well. Have a great day!

Paula - there's something rewarding about an honest tired.

So true, so true. I was wiped out, but in a good way.

I am working at getting back on track -- sort of fell off a little bit earlier in the week, snacked too much, had some wine when hubby was having some. I pulled it back together last night and plan to remain that way for the rest of this week. Don't want to wipe out my progress.

Exercise is (fortunately) on track. I did manage to get through the shred overhead presses on Monday -- although the last 3 or 4 were pretty shaky. :headache: Still counts as progress -- I'm doing it again tonight, gonna kick some jillian bummocks. :goodvibes

Hope you're all doing well. Have a great day!

I love the determination in that last paragraph. I have no doubt that you will kick some good jillian bummocks... Have fun with it.

I feel your hatred of the overhead presses though. I threatened to throw the dumbells at my trainer last night if he asked me to do them. He had just told me to grab two twenty pound weights at the time and the idea of lifting those over my head was just not pretty. Thankfully, I only had to do three sets of lunges while carrying those suckers.

Lyz - I am loving your goal for turning your I can't into an I can. Totally loving it and I am here to support you in whatever way I can.

Hope everyone's day is going well. Tonight is a rest night for me exercise wise (yeah!!!!) so I am going to be catching up on a bunch of stuff at home tonight (strangely yeah!!!!). Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll pop in later.

Paula

PT kicked my ever-lovin' a$$ today. 100 minutes. And it was WORK. I was sweating (and swearing!) but the hammie is getting stronger! AND...I have been cleared to run! At least conditionally. So I am getting ready to head to the gym now...with all three kids. So not fun.

Ronda--Geddy's! Now THAT brings back memories. That is way north of where I live now, but when I was in grad school, that was "our" bar. And yes, we have several varieties of blueberry beer here. Many of them are really good.

Ok, work to do, calls to make, life to live...blah, blah.

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick post with my challenge stuff from yesterday.

C25K and the shred DVD. I also tracked and stayed on the wagon!

Today I attempted my last long wog before taper. Did not go well. I do have my new shoes, but my shins are still hurting. Alot. So after 2.5 miles I headed home and plan on resting from running until the weekend at least. At this point me getting in another long run isn't going to make that much difference for the 1/2 next weekend. I have a good base and will have to have faith in that. So that's where I am at. I will probably do core later today and tomorrow morning.

Also, tonight is my Girls night out off the wagon night. Just for a beer or two with BFF.

Love blueberry beer. Yum. and lobstah roll. I ate a few of those when we camped in maine this summer.

I will catch up better later, I promise.

Hello everyone! :)

Erika - Im happy you've been cleared to run! I was daydreaming earlier and I daydreamed that you were climbing out of your window for a secret run :confused3 Who knows how this mind works!

WW was very good - I lost 2lb :banana: Im happy with that, especially with the Indian food on Saturday!

Hope everyone is having a good day, im just going to eat dinner now then bath and bed I think - im exhausted!

Hello everyone! :)

Erika - Im happy you've been cleared to run! I was daydreaming earlier and I daydreamed that you were climbing out of your window for a secret run :confused3 Who knows how this mind works!

WW was very good - I lost 2lb :banana: Im happy with that, especially with the Indian food on Saturday!

Hope everyone is having a good day, im just going to eat dinner now then bath and bed I think - im exhausted!

congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter