• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Food today:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and skimmed milk
Snack - Apple and 2 satsumas
Lunch - WW Bagel with wafer thin ham, rocket lettuce and sliced tomato. Followed by sugar free jelly
Snack to be had later - Low fat yoghurt

Not sure what Im having for dinner tonight. Im leaning towards pork loin steak, with noodles and green beans.
Ive got a busy night ahead though, so I don't know if i'll have time to cook or if i'll need something fast.
Im working late tonight, home to see to DH (hes home sick, and he is NEVER sick), then im going to nip up and see my grandparents, hopefully all before 9pm when CSI starts. Im thinking that won't happen :sad2:

Nancy--I know this won't likely make a difference, but I'll give it a shot anyway! You definitely DO NOT taste the cauliflower in this soup. Not at all. It is blended and the cheese and other flavors really take over. It really just helps thicken it. And since cauliflower is a "super food", we try to eat it often. If it helps any, my kids even eat this soup. Thank God blueberries are also a super food! :rotfl2: I never need to disguise those.

Kat--awesome progress! Just awesome! I so don't want to burst your bubble because you are 100% ON and I am super proud of you! I just want to caution you (and everyone reading) about low carb. It is so tempting to stay on it because you get such great results and so quickly. But after the first two weeks, you are losing lean muscle mass. I know your plan is to be smart and only do this for a couple of weeks, but I also know it is so easy to stay on it since you get such great results. So please promise me that you will begin to add your healthy carbs back in when it is time, ok? :goodvibes I just can't tell you how in AWE I am of you when you are on like this! You just do EVERYTHING right! :worship:

I love cauliflower!!

And no worries. For March I am going to up the carbs and add whole grains and fruits, but still no pasta, rice, or starch, still stay around 1200 cals, and continue with the exercise and water plan. I am also going to add in occasional alcohol, low carb/light beer and wine.

This is just a jumpstart. :)

I planned out my long run already for this week. I will be doing it on wednesday, at least 9 miles. It will be a wog with the stroller as that is the only way I will be able to get it in before going to NC on thursday. I do not want to have to do a long run like that in the mountains of NC. :scared1: The hills would surely kill me.

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

Amy, in Asheville again? How long?

I do have one question though. Is it wrong when the gym employees start to know you by name or is that one of the final steps to being fully initiated into the dark side. Personally, I am waiting for Darth Vader to show up and present me to the evil emperor anytime now. :darth: Either that, or I am going to have to start calling Jesse Yoda... :yoda: :rotfl2:

Now that I have proven that I am more than a little punchy tonight, I should stop.

Hope everyone is having a great night!!!
Paula

Haha! I have totally been there. Have also had Nancy's why aren't you here phone call, but many years ago.

Im going to listen to this later on at home! In my head I have given you all different accents! Hey, no one ever said I was normal! :lmao:

We all DO have different accents!

Kelly--don't for one minute think that I have that accent! :scared1: I am fairly accent-free.

*Cough*Bull-####*Cough*.

She totally has an accent. Somewhere in the upstate NY range. See below.

Kally - Erika sounds like a NYer. Not like a cop on CSI NY, but like someone who grew up outside the city. It's a distinctive accent to me, more subtle depending on who you are. But when you think "American", throw in fast talking and that's what she sounds like.

Also, don't ever listen to Kat about what she sounds like. She is delusional. It's dress fleece all over again.

Hey Roddy, remember when Kat forgot to tell you a thread started over at 200 pages?

Kat, Paula, awesome on the losses! Who else lost? Tell me, I'll tell you that you're awesome.

Amiee - POR and only Disney. Or, like E said, try the Values. I am all about property.

I'm feeling better. Not 100%, but better.

Glad you are feeling better.

I guess I have a bit of Southern that creeps in, and probably Pittsburgh on some words and/or when I get drunk. Liz has an accent but mostly garden-variety northeastern, wee bits of jersey/philly here and there.

I am mostly just soft-spoken and always have been. I like inside voices and hate noise, for the most part. I can tolerate loud friends but someone who is constantly WAY loud can really get on my nerves after a while. Reason #4592856 why I don't want kids, I love my nice quiet house.

People can confuse the soft-spoken with being timid, which is rather funny because I am generally NOT timid and can be quite the b****.

EriKa - you do everything fast. (Vampire)

Kat and Paula - :banana: :banana: Yay to the loss. (Kat, I'd love to give up sugar and carbs and lose that weight. *But* there is no way. E's right, when you are on, you are so on!)[/B]

I am going to quote something I sent to Paula earlier:

Yes, this month has been difficult but it is definitely worth it. The hunger is fleeting but the end result will hopefully stay with me for a long time this time. I was able to stay at a healthy weight for 5 years (before this 4 year yo-yo) and I am going to do everything in my power to stay there.

I always hear people say, but "I *can't* eat 1200 calories," or "I could never give up <insert food here>," or "I can't lift/workout/etc that way." I don't think you need to give up things long-term, but I do think that the "I can't" mentality is something that needs to go if you truly want to be successful.

This is something that I am struggling with a lot in hockey, and I have to get past it to be a better player. It is also something that I am trying to do by committing to these 5Ks and marathons with you all. The old "I can't run" Kat needs to go in order to get there.

She totally has an accent. Somewhere in the upstate NY range. See below.

Um Kat - do you have something against us upstate NY'rs??? Just wondering ;)

I am going to quote something I sent to Paula earlier:

Yes, this month has been difficult but it is definitely worth it. The hunger is fleeting but the end result will hopefully stay with me for a long time this time. I was able to stay at a healthy weight for 5 years (before this 4 year yo-yo) and I am going to do everything in my power to stay there.

I always hear people say, but "I *can't* eat 1200 calories," or "I could never give up <insert food here>," or "I can't lift/workout/etc that way." I don't think you need to give up things long-term, but I do think that the "I can't" mentality is something that needs to go if you truly want to be successful.

This is something that I am struggling with a lot in hockey, and I have to get past it to be a better player. It is also something that I am trying to do by committing to these 5Ks and marathons with you all. The old "I can't run" Kat needs to go in order to get there.

Everyone should reread this last bit because it is so true. So far, 2009 has been all about my overcoming the "I can'ts." It is sometimes scary (actually terrifying at times), sometimes nervewracking, sometimes just plain frustrating, but the feeling when your mind finally allows you to stop saying I can't and starts saying things like I can or I did and you know that you are on your way towards winning this battle.

So a question for everbody:

What is the one I can't that you want to change to I did?

So far mine has been I can't exercise regularly to I am a gymrat. Others I want to work on are the I can't picture myself doing an endurance type event. (I am working towards my first bike race in July)

What are yours?

Everyone should reread this last bit because it is so true. So far, 2009 has been all about my overcoming the "I can'ts." It is sometimes scary (actually terrifying at times), sometimes nervewracking, sometimes just plain frustrating, but the feeling when your mind finally allows you to stop saying I can't and starts saying things like I can or I did and you know that you are on your way towards winning this battle.

So far mine has been I can't exercise regularly to I am a gymrat. Others I want to work on are the I can't picture myself doing an endurance type event. (I am working towards my first bike race in July)

What are yours?

I can't enjoy working out to hiking with dh, starting to run with DH, and strength training in the am before work.

OMG, I LOVE THIS! LOVE IT!

I knew you would :goodvibes I thought it was PERFECT when I heard it.

I am so loving this.... I like the idea that we are all princesses with superpowers. What should our superpowers be?

As "goddesses" I think our superpowers can be whatever we need them to be at any given time! :laughing: Otherwise, we'd be no different from plain ol' Wonder Woman

Some of the muscle heads are now not only recognizing me, but actually acknowledging me now. Freaky - I know. And yes, LisaV - it still totally freaks me out. I am getting used to it, but still, its freaky.

You're gaining their respect though, I bet. Showing your dedication, hard work. (still want a bicep flexing smiley. Who do we petition to get one of those fellas? :confused3 )

I've given you all different accents - I don't think for a second they are the right ones :lmao:

:rotfl:

Hey Roddy, remember when Kat forgot to tell you a thread started over at 200 pages?

:lmao:

I'm feeling better. Not 100%, but better.

Glad you are on the mend. There's alot of crap out there right now :sick:

Good morning. I registered for the Disney 1/2.

YAY Ronda! :woohoo: So exciting. :yay:

Sorry for being MIA this weekend but was spending quality time with my DH.

Hi Sarah! :upsidedow

Im working late tonight, home to see to DH (hes home sick, and he is NEVER sick)

Ugh. More sickness :sick: Germs know no boundaries, do they! :laughing:

We all DO have different accents!

See, I'm with Erika. I have no accent. ;)

Other than "I can't zip these jeans?" :lmao:

Well. As you know, I'm planning on doing a 50 mile bike ride in June. A bit of a stretch for me, but totally do-able. Earlier today, I received an email from one of my friends. Her BFF moved to Arizona last year - and wants her to come out there and do a "Century Ride" in November. Yes, Century is 100 miles. She asked if I was interested. :eek:

I haven't answered her yet. But, in the spirit of turning an "I can't" into and "I'll at least TRY" - I will. Answer her that is. :laughing: I don't honestly know at this point in time if I can commit to going to Arizona in November. But I CAN and WILL commit to training with her this summer/fall.

Does that count? :confused3

Well. As you know, I'm planning on doing a 50 mile bike ride in June. A bit of a stretch for me, but totally do-able. Earlier today, I received an email from one of my friends. Her BFF moved to Arizona last year - and wants her to come out there and do a "Century Ride" in November. Yes, Century is 100 miles. She asked if I was interested. :eek:

I haven't answered her yet. But, in the spirit of turning an "I can't" into and "I'll at least TRY" - I will. Answer her that is. :laughing: I don't honestly know at this point in time if I can commit to going to Arizona in November. But I CAN and WILL commit to training with her this summer/fall.

Yes - it absolutely counts.... I'm sure there is a century ride that is local that you could do if you wanted to.

And I'm with you - I want one of the bicep flexing smilelys...

I knew you would :goodvibes I thought it was PERFECT when I heard it.

You're gaining their respect though, I bet. Showing your dedication, hard work. (still want a bicep flexing smiley. Who do we petition to get one of those fellas? :confused3 )

Glad you are on the mend. There's alot of crap out there right now :sick:

YAY Ronda! :woohoo: So exciting. :yay:

Hi Sarah! :upsidedow

Ugh. More sickness :sick: Germs know no boundaries, do they! :laughing:

See, I'm with Erika. I have no accent. ;)

Did someone say AZ??? Where in Az? I would come cheer you on!

:laughing: I had even asked about the tahini - the clerk looked at me like I had 3 heads. Clearly he had never made his own humus :laughing: Found it quite by accident.

:rotfl: Roddy - you are too funny... I'm sure if you ask someone, they will point you in the right direction to find the leprechaun on your list. I hear they are a specialty item and may need to be ordered in advance.

Are the leprechauns found next to the coupons at the front of the store or are they a special service you need to pre-order like at a swanky upscale place?!:rotfl2:

Well, since you all inquired, I already have a leprechaun. And, you're right again if you guessed that, that is the real reason behind me wanting a cloned "Mini-HockeyKat". It's because my leprechaun gets lonely and needs someone of his own stature with whom to associate. Call me selfish, but I feel sorry for the lonely guy. :clown:

Sometimes he gets angry and tells me to burn things. :rolleyes1

Actually I'd forgotten about that, until you mentioned it. Now, I do remember that, I definitely remember that. Wow. It's funny, you know, I also remember how I've never received a proper explanation as to how she could forget to tell me such an important thing. Thank you, so much for bring that to my remembrance. :lmao:

And somehow I screwed up the quote thing. Sigh. Why me?:confused3

Did someone say AZ??? Where in Az? I would come cheer you on!

I don't even know! :laughing: I told her I needed more info.

Of course - DH asked how we would be getting our bike there. DUH. We're gonna RIDE:rolleyes1

Well, since you all inquired, I already have a leprechaun. And, you're right again if you guessed that, that is the real reason behind me wanting a cloned "Mini-HockeyKat". It's because my leprechaun gets lonely and needs someone of his own stature with whom to associate. Call me selfish, but I feel sorry for the lonely guy. :clown:

OMG. I can hear it now. "Help! She's after me lucky charms" :shamrock:

Almost time for BL! :yay: Catch y'all later

Ha! Ride to AZ!!! Did I tell you guys about the father-son team who rode from CA to NJ? It was a 70 year old dad and 40 year old son - approximate ages - and they did it to raise money for a community health center. They had coverage, locally, the whole way. Pretty amazing journey and definitely inspirational. The health center is open and serves everyone, regardless of income.

Sarah, I will be in Phoenix in April. With my mom.

Roddy, I am glad I could bring such memories back. It's good not to forget, right? ;)

OMG. I can hear it now. "Help! She's after me lucky charms" :shamrock:

:rotfl2: "Why's everyone always a laughin' when I say that?"

Evil Shenanigans :rotfl:

Roddy, I am glad I could bring such memories back. It's good not to forget, right? ;)

Well, I appreciate that you could bring such memories back. I should've left myself a post-it note about it. :lmao:

I know this is TMI, but! I screwed up today. I had a Stouffer"s "Vegetarian Lasagna" for dinner. Oh my God it was terrible. It reaffirmed why I wanted to give up processed food to begin with. Geez. :scared1:

Well, I appreciate that you could bring such memories back. I should've left myself a post-it note about it. :lmao:

I know this is TMI, but! I screwed up today. I had a Stouffer"s "Vegetarian Lasagna" for dinner. Oh my God it was terrible. It reaffirmed why I wanted to give up processed food to begin with. Geez. :scared1:

Anytime!

You know, i am glad you mentioned your bad dinner. I was home sick this weekend, and I watched TV and they had all these ads for those. And of course on the ads they look good, even though in my house it's a sin to buy Italian food in that form - we make our own sauce and all that - but we do have moments where I could get away with it. So I was thinking, hmm, Veggie Lasagna, he'll never know!

But it's bad, huh?

Back from the gym. I ran on the TM. Slow and steady at 11 mpm for 3.3 miles. I had minimal pain all day, and the PT said I could do an easy run if I felt up to it. Now it hurts like hell. *sigh* Oh well. This is just how it goes.

I have PT first thing tomorrow morning, and I will get another deep tissue massage, so that'll be good. And have I mentioned that my PT is a hottie? OMG, we flirt shamelessly the whole time. It is a riot.

Ok, more after BL.

Anytime!

You know, i am glad you mentioned your bad dinner. I was home sick this weekend, and I watched TV and they had all these ads for those. And of course on the ads they look good, even though in my house it's a sin to buy Italian food in that form - we make our own sauce and all that - but we do have moments where I could get away with it. So I was thinking, hmm, Veggie Lasagna, he'll never know!

But it's bad, huh?

Yeah, I mean, it looked good. Had spinach, broccoli, grated carrots and so forth. Maybe it's because I've not eaten processed food in so long. It was just awful. If I make something like that, I like to make my own sauce and so forth. You don't get all the preservatives and other crap in homemade and you can control the calories, fat and so forth. So, yeah, and to top it all off, it so didn't look in 3D like it did on the box. I would have been better off with the original plan of chopped carrots and celery. :rotfl2:

Hi all,

My marathon day is almost over (thankfully). Work, followed by a Women in Construction meeting / dinner and then training. I am whooped (scary how I thank my trainer for kicking my butt).

I am off to pack my lunch for tomorrow and then possibly sleep.

Talk to you in the morning,
paula

Ha! Ride to AZ!!! Did I tell you guys about the father-son team who rode from CA to NJ? It was a 70 year old dad and 40 year old son - approximate ages - and they did it to raise money for a community health center. They had coverage, locally, the whole way. Pretty amazing journey and definitely inspirational. The health center is open and serves everyone, regardless of income.

Sarah, I will be in Phoenix in April. With my mom.

Where in Phoenix? DH and I would love to say hello :)

Um, somewhere in the city? :thumbsup2 I don't know where in Phoenix yet! Do you mean neighborhood? Or town outside of?

Um, somewhere in the city? :thumbsup2 I don't know where in Phoenix yet! Do you mean neighborhood? Or town outside of?

Either or.... Phoenix is pretty easy to navigate... We're in Scottsdale if that helps any... hehe.

Lobster tails for dinner tonight were excellent. 4.99 a tail can't be beat...

Tracked... check.
Water... check.
Worked out... check.

On target so far this week.

Ha! Ride to AZ!!!

My bummocks hurts just THINKING about it :eek:

Evil Shenanigans :rotfl:

Shenanigans. That was a bar I used to frequent back in the day...:rolleyes1

I had a Stouffer"s "Vegetarian Lasagna" for dinner. Oh my God it was terrible. It reaffirmed why I wanted to give up processed food to begin with. Geez. :scared1:

:scared: ICK. Sorry your dinner sucked.

Back from the gym. I ran on the TM. Slow and steady at 11 mpm for 3.3 miles. I had minimal pain all day, and the PT said I could do an easy run if I felt up to it. Now it hurts like hell. *sigh* Oh well. This is just how it goes.

:headache: Rats! Hopefully the massage will make it all better. Take care of it tomorrow, k?

I am whooped (scary how I thank my trainer for kicking my butt).

Isn't it somethin'? We pay for someone to beat us to a pulp, then smile and say "thank you sir, may I have another?" :laughing:

Check in for the day:

Food: 29 well chosen points. And friggin' hungry all day.

Alcohol: none

WATER: enough to flood a basement :eek:

Exercise: total cardio day. 70 min. 970/2100

Off to NYC tomorrow with DD to see a Broadway show....have a great day tomorrow everyone - and I'll catch you in the evening!

4.99 a tail can't be beat...

Um, yes it can. :lmao: We get fresh lobster and fish right from the pier. A few weeks ago it was under $2 per pound.:thumbsup2

Can I just say that I love this season of BL? Last season was so unsupportive and mean. This is how BL shoud be, kwim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter