In room microwaves

LloydyLUFC

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, we are planning on taking advantage of the sun disney deal to go in March. My youngest will be 5 months at this point so we need somewhere to sterilise his bottles. I don't really want to hog the microwave in the restaurant for 6 minutes so do any of the hotels have a microwave in the room?

Thanks

Hi

I'm not sure any of the onsite hotels have microwaves in the room, I'm not even sure they have them for public use in the restaurants. Some of the off site hotels might though.

If you don't want to stay off site then a large tuperware with a lid and some cold water sterilizing tablets would work just as well as a microwave sterilizer although it'd obviously take longer.

unless you have an apartment offsite, or stay at the Davy Crockatt ranch, none of the hotel rooms around DLP, nor the onsite ones, have microwaves in the rooms. I don't think the DCR does either, but it does have cooking facilities so you could heat up water to sterilise the bottles.

Only Davy Crockett has a microwave in the room. You will have to have a car to stay here as there is no other transport.

Have you thought about the sterilizing tablets we used them when we went with DD when she was 11 months old. Then just rinsed the bottles with boiling water.

The baby care centre has microwaves and people were in there sterilizing so that could be an option for you but it is a lot to have to take in to the park every day.

Have you thought about disposable bottles?

Whilst not 'on site' the Marriott at Disney Golf is apartments so you have full kitchen including microwave (and washer and drier which might be useful with a baby,)

Thanks for your replies, we will be driving down to Disney so Davy Crockett is an option although we had our heart set on the Newport Bay. But, it is just a place to put our heads down afterall.

We had looked at sterilising tablets so this would probably be the next best thing.

Thanks for the heads up about the disposable bottles aswell, not even entered our heads :thumbsup2

LloydyLUFC said:
Thanks for your replies, we will be driving down to Disney so Davy Crockett is an option although we had our heart set on the Newport Bay. But, it is just a place to put our heads down afterall.

We had looked at sterilising tablets so this would probably be the next best thing.

Thanks for the heads up about the disposable bottles aswell, not even entered our heads :thumbsup2

We stayed at Davy Crockett with DD when she was 6 months. It was nice because when she went to bed we could stay in the lounge area. Unlike when we stayed at hotel New York when she went to bed we all went to bed.

The swimming pool is really nice there and normally quiet. We took one of the baby rubber rings with a seat in for her and she loves it.

We also took her to the park and to seethe animals. Horses, goats and rabbits.

We really enjoyed it there but I would definitely advice to spend the bit extra and have a premium cabin.

Thanks Tinks, that's a great review which definately puts Davy Crockett up there now, we've never been a huge fan of hotels with kids but the location was selling it for us

Another big thumbs up from me for Davy crocketts :) we have stayed there 4 times now most recently in August with our 9week old :) I also have a 6&4year old. It's great! Lovely to have the kitchen, fridge etc seperate bedroom lounge.

Don't pay for their breakfast though as its 6euros per person but if you just nip to the wee shop on site you get same amount of stuff ie a baguette croissants etc for around 5euros.

All cabins have now been upgraded so no real need to go top spec. In the premium cabins it's 3 or 4 single beds in one room (4th one is under one of the beds to pull out) we had the travel cot in with us though and my parents had the other room which had an ensuite but in August I went for a 2bed standard. Has bunkbeds in one room and wee took baby in with us in his carrycot. Comfier sofa :) and seems more spacious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter