In room coffee maker help

Tash87

DIS Veteran
I would be hugely grateful if anyone could help me out on this extremely important question for my tea fanatic hubby.

We have a room Booked at a Disney hotel with a coffee maker, can we make English tea from that? Or does it just boil water?

Sorry for really dumb question but I have no idea ☕

You can put water through it with no coffee filter, however we found the water tasted of coffee. You can get boiling water from the food courts.

Ok thank you. That could be quite a nuisance to go to the food court each time we would like a cup of tea.

Take a travel kettle. I have to do this. As above, the coffee maker makes everything taste of coffee and the food courts water is not properly boiling, it's hot. If your husband needs his tea a travel kettle is a necessity!

Take a travel kettle. I have to do this. As above, the coffee maker makes everything taste of coffee and the food courts water is not properly boiling, it's hot. If your husband needs his tea a travel kettle is a necessity!

Brilliant, thank you.

I thought about the travel kettle after my last post and yes it is now a necessity!

So glad I asked now as I couldn't stand with his moaning about a good old cuppa ha.

MORE important ...... Bring your own Tea Bags ......

USA ones taste different & try and use bottled water rather tap water ( Taste tap water first )

We made the mistake of not bringing a kettle first year as it is standard in virtually every hotel over here.

I now always pack travel kettle and my Pg tips

We always take our own tea bags anyway and now a kettle will definitely be coming with us.

We have always stayed in a villa before so have never thought about a kettle but I'm so glad I asked about the coffee makers in GV.

We are in a 2 bed at OKW - do we need to take a travel kettle? I know there is a coffee machine. I guess we could boil water on the hob.

Also, I've read about taking tea bags but I didn't want to take any foodstuffs at all - don't want to have to declare anything, just want to be on our way. Would I need to declare tea bags on the form?

W
We are in a 2 bed at OKW - do we need to take a travel kettle? I know there is a coffee machine. I guess we could boil water on the hob.

Also, I've read about taking tea bags but I didn't want to take any foodstuffs at all - don't want to have to declare anything, just want to be on our way. Would I need to declare tea bags on the form?

Whenever we have stayed at a 2 bed we haven't needed to take a kettle.

Also I always take some foodstuff, snacks for the kids as I can get them cheaper in this country, tea bags etc and I haven't declared them. Didn't think I had to, oops.

You will declare teh teabags at customs and they will just ask you what you have, tell them and you will be on your way - you won't be delayed.

You won't need a kettle if you are staying in a 2-bed. If there isn't a tea kettle, just call housekeeping and they will bring you one. It will be a stove top kettle though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter