In need of serious help!!! March or April 2008, When should we go???

aimeeg

DIS Veteran
Okay, we went to WDW for the first time in June. Had an absolute blast and DH wants to go back. I know . . . the man who did not want to go loved it!

We would like to go next spring. Here is our problem- we cannot choose March or April. Our DD turns 4 on March 16th. We would love to surprise her for her birthday. That also happens to be Easter Week. So that week is out.

We thought we may go March 1st- 9th. I saw on the uog website there was a date for the Pirate and Princess Party on March 5th. I know she really wants to do that. So please help . . .

March-
Before DD birthday
More expensive
Cooler weather
Possible P&P Party

April-
After DD birthday (we could give her trip on her bday and say 20 more days)
Epcot Flower show (for me)
Less Expensive
Warmer

I really do not know what to do. I am not sure about the crowds. We went June 23- July 1 and managed the crowds very well. I guess either time would be better. Any advice would be helpful because as soon as the rates are released I want to call ASAP!

We like March because April is way to busy. I don't want to spend my vacation standing in huge lines.

I vote for March. April starts the spring break crowd and it gets very crowded. March has worked very well for us in the past.

In '08 Easter is in March, that should move most of the crowds from April to March next spring. If it were me, I'd vote April for '08 over March easily.

Also, the weather between the two months is pretty much a wash, and beautiful for both. The humidity hasn't arrived yet, either would be great times. May has excellent weather, too, I wouldn't let that be a big factor between March and April. ;)

Easter is the in the end of March this year? If we go the first week of March will that be okay?

Should we hold off until mid April?

In 2008 Easter is March 23rd. Our school district moved spring break away from Easter so we are going in April.

Imo: Stay away from Easter week.... Its always more crowded; I think you will have a much better time during "off holiday" times.... The beginning of March is very nice... we went one year and we didnt wait a long time for rides.

PS: Glad your husband enjoyed WDW!!

Hi, I would vote for March. April will tend to get more of the spring break crowd. Early March you should be O.K. I also wouldn't worry about the birthday because going to Disney will be a thrill no matter if she finds out before or after her birthday. You could give her an early present. We went in Jan. this year and the weather was beautiful. You are very lucky to be going again so soon. Have a great time.

Most colleges have Spring Break in March, and the Easter crowds will be in March as well this year as was previously stated. I would go for later in April or early March. Our Spring Break is always the first full week of April no matter when Easter is. Last year we were there for Spring Break and it was a madhouse!! I wish our band would have gone this year instead because it will be 2 weeks after Easter and the crowds will be much less. Oh well, we still had a great time because we went with the right expectations.

Have a great time!!

I think as long as you avoid the week before Easter and the week after, you should be fine. A lot of school districts tie their spring break to Easter and those that don't tend to have them at the end of March or beginning of April. That leaves early March or late April as the best choices for next spring. Since late April can get hot (although it's not normally too bad), I think I'd probably go with the first week of March. The weather should be perfect and the crowds should be very manageable.

Having just finished reading the thread "In need of serious help!!! March or April 2008, When should we go???" I am a little nervous. I am going during April 7th to the 16th... will the crowds be as bad as they say due to the spring breaks? We planned our wedding for the 5th because many of our family memebers will not be in because of Easter. I cannot change my wedding date, so I am trying to get a feel for it. We are staying onsite so EMH will be a big perk. What will the weather be like? morning? afternoon? evening? I live in Seattle so the rain does not bother me, but extreme heat does. Any tips would be great... Does it get warm enough to go to BB or TL? My DF really wants to go to the waterparks. This is our first trip to WDW and are really excited. Before we got engaged we knew we would honeymoon here.

I am a seasonal passholder. Disney blacks us out during the times they expect it to be crowded. Next year we are blacked out from March 15-28th

So I would avoid those weeks for sure:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter