In need of prayers/support

It was a total of 6 weeks in the hospital. It was tough - really tough. He was sedated through a lot of it after lung surgery. They had trouble bringing him out of sedation in ICU and finally had to do it cold turkey, and that was a really scary day. He was never really quite right after that hospitalization, although he lived another 12 years. I learned pretty quickly what all the numbers were on the machines and could gauge his condition in a couple of minutes after I looked at everything. Luckily he was done with his drains by the time he finally came home.

That had to be hard. The first set of drains came out already, and I am down to only packing 2 wounds daily now, the smallest is too tight to pack as of Friday, so I just cover it now. The other 2 still have a couple of weeks.

That's really good news. I don't know if I could do what you are doing, but I guess if I were faced with the situation I'd buck up and do it! Hopefully they can get everything fixed soon and he can start feeling much better!

That's really good news. I don't know if I could do what you are doing, but I guess if I were faced with the situation I'd buck up and do it! Hopefully they can get everything fixed soon and he can start feeling much better!

You do what you have to. Watching the nurse the first 2 times pack them where hard, but when she said I HAD to learn I was able to get it done. No one will take care of him like I do. I don't trust the home nurses to do it, so I do it myself.

The first couple of days at home he would make noises and grab the bed, not from pain but from thinking about what I was doing, and it made me laugh, so that is how I was able to do it, we laughed through it.

Hugs, prayers, and good healing vibes. I hope he feels like a new man UC free soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter