In need of prayers and pixie dust please!

katy621

My government contract job has been cut from 40 to 20 hours a week. I've been doing the same thing for 8 years, the same place. Due to politics (won't go into details) they pulled this on me. My husband & I have planned our trip since February and can't back out of this - we didn't insure the trip. Now, we have less than 50 days until then and have been looking for another job be it temporary, contract or full time. Having a horrible time because not enough interviews have been successful. I don't want to be panicky, but I'm afraid I won't find anything in the mean time. Please pray for me. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that. I was a government contractor for 18 years and finally took a job with the federal government just to get some stability. I know it's horrible to wonder when/how/where your next job is going to be. I wish the best in looking for another job. Do you live in an area where there is a lot of federal contracting? It seems that most of the contractors I know, at least in my area, manage to land on their feet.

Sorry to hear that. I was a government contractor for 18 years and finally took a job with the federal government just to get some stability. I know it's horrible to wonder when/how/where your next job is going to be. I wish the best in looking for another job. Do you live in an area where there is a lot of federal contracting? It seems that most of the contractors I know, at least in my area, manage to land on their feet.

Not too many in Seattle. I've been emailing my resume's right & left, with very little interviews.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers! Last June, I took a job - part-time 34 hours a week but $2.00 more than the last job. I am working for an independent/assisted living facility as a concierge/receptionist. The people are wonderful! Very helpful and the residents are very nice too! Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter