In need of new washer/dryer

Congrats - I know I'm always excited to get new appliances!

We also went with a top loader vs a front loader and picked the Whirlpool Cabrio washer & dryer. It holds more than most front loaders because it does not have the agitator and it definitely uses much less water than my old set.

It's also on my second floor and I liked not having to get platforms for it like the front loaders.

I LOVE my Cabrio!! I've never had a problem with it. 3 loads of towels in my old washer equal 1 load in my Cabrio!!!

The appliance guy told us that a regular washer uses 40 gallons of water, a front loader uses 15 gallons of water and a top loading front loader (like the Cabrio) uses 18 gallons of water. Your water usage should be cut by 2/3 just washing towels.:thumbsup2

My sister-in-law went to buy a new front load washer at the local appliance store. She knew someone who works there, and they talked her out of getting one. She said they got lots of complaints about the odor problem with front loaders, so she got a top load and really likes it. My washer started making noises a couple weeks ago, so I imagine it's going to die soon. But it is 20 some years old!

Not sure what part of CT you're in, but the Sears Scratch and Dent center in West Haven (exit 43? you can see it from I-95) always has a good selection of all kinds of appliances. Last time I was there (I purchased my fridge there, love it), they had an entire room of washers and dryers.

Good luck!

I haven't read through all these posts, but I thought I would mention something that other people may have thought of:

When you're in the store, stand in front of the dryer and pretend you're putting laundry in and taking it out.

I swear I have to bend down lower with my new dryer than I did with my old dryer.

The old one had a door that opened down, and the new one has a door that opens to the side. Don't know if that makes a difference in the height factor.

It does make a difference in how often I drop clean stuff on the floor.

Also, the new dryer has a light, so I always shut the door. With the old dryer, I would keep the door open a little to air it out.

The knobs seem flimsier on my new washer and dryer. I wonder if they're going to break at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter