In need of disboard support-long

So sorry for your loss. I can understand how you feel to a point. My MIL & FIL were going to come with us on our cruise 12/4 but now her latest chemo round is delayed and she probably will not be finished or recovered from it to go. Reality is that she may not even be alive then...according to the doctors she wasn't suppose to still be now with stage 4 colon cancer. If she dies when we are on the cruise, we do not want to be notified. We will not leave the ship to fly home so there is no reason to upset all of us during the cruise. We will need that time to deal with what is ahead of us. They can delay the funeral until we return. She would not want the kids to remember that Gramma died and made them leave the Mickey boat early.

I lost my Dad when I was 15 & went on a tour of Italy the following week w/ students from my Italian classes in h.s. I was torn. Everyone told me to go. I struggled w/ it the 1st two day of the week long trip, then had a long talk w/ my teacher. I found the most beautiful spot I could imagine the next day. I thought about him for awhile, cried a lot, said thank you to him for all the wonderful things he had done for me, and then said to myself that I was going to relax b/c I knew he was able to see through my eyes now all the beautiful places he had never visited. Every time I caught myself getting down, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, imagined him w/ me, and was blessed w/ a special peace

I wish you that same peace. Remember no one can tell you how to grieve. Just keep trying things and find what works for you.

Happy Honeymoon! :hug:

I am sorry about your loss, but think you should go on your honeymoon as planned. I know that is what your grandmother would want you to do.

My husband and I were booked on a cruise and my mother became terminally ill. I spent a lot of time in florida taking care of her untill the end. Our cruise was 2 1/2 weeks after she died and there was no way I wanted to go. Everyone convinced me that it would do me a world of good to go on the cruise and that my mother would of wanted me to go. I went on the cruise and it was the best thing that could happen to me at that time. I came home from that cruise rested and ready to deal with the rest of the world.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter