In need of a good tater tot casserole recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to the Duggers website and theirs is on there. Don't know if it is any good, but people have said it is.

go to the Duggers website and theirs is on there. Don't know if it is any good, but people have said it is.

Thanks! I did this before and it calls for cream of mushroom soup, which I don't care for, so now I'm in search of some tried and true recipes...

Thanks! I did this before and it calls for cream of mushroom soup, which I don't care for, so now I'm in search of some tried and true recipes...

My dad does not not like cream of mushroom soup either and my mother has always subbed cream of celery soup. I think her recipes taste just as good as when I make them with cream of mushroom. You should give it a try.

I use cream of chicken or cream of celery. Both are good in it. I have even used low sodium cream soup because I am getting salt issues. It all tastes the same in a casserole.

Layer in pan.....
hamburger (cooked)
onions
peas or any veg
cream of soup
cheese
tatortots

Since it is cooked you are basically warming it up in the oven and cooking the tatortots.

I use cream of chicken or cream of celery. Both are good in it. I have even used low sodium cream soup because I am getting salt issues. It all tastes the same in a casserole.

Layer in pan.....
hamburger (cooked)
onions
peas or any veg
cream of soup
cheese
tatortots

Since it is cooked you are basically warming it up in the oven and cooking the tatortots.

This is how I make mine too. I always use cream of chicken soup and corn. That's the way my kids like it best. I mix my hamburger, soup and corn together. I think it tastes less dried out that way.

Ok, thanks everyone! So this is what I have on hand - ground beef, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of evaporated milk (duggers use this), a bag of frozen mixed veggies and tater tots. Does anyone pour the soup and milk mixture over the entire casserole (tots)? Or mostly you just mix it with the meat and veggies? As you can tell this will be the first time I'm making this - thanks!

I have a breakfast egg casserole that calls for Tater Tots in case anyone is interested:

8 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup Tater Tots, frozen
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup chopped ham, sausage, bacon, or meat of choice, if desired
seasonigs of choice

mix all together & pour into a greased 8x8 dish & bake at 350 for 50 min. or until done in the center. Will be golden brown on top.

I use cream soup with ground turkey or beef, frozen mixed veggies topped with frozen hashbrowns and cheese.

Here is how I make mine.

Fry 2lbs hamurger with 1-2 onions and mix with 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I have used cream of chicken and it was just as good.)
Put in a 9x13 pan ungreased

Put slices of velveeta cheese over the hamburger to cover
Pour a bag of tator tots over the top and bake as the tator tot bag says.

The tator tots get krispie with melted velveeta poking out in between them. It is fabulous and simple.

Ok, thanks everyone! So this is what I have on hand - ground beef, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of evaporated milk (duggers use this), a bag of frozen mixed veggies and tater tots. Does anyone pour the soup and milk mixture over the entire casserole (tots)? Or mostly you just mix it with the meat and veggies? As you can tell this will be the first time I'm making this - thanks!

I've never poured the soup mixture over it. I always mix the hamburger, soup and veggies together. I have never used evaporated milk in my recipe.

Ok, wish me luck. This is how I made it...in a 9x13 dish I layered cooked,
ground beef (seasoned with pepper and seasoned salt) and mixed frozen veggies. Layered tator tots on top.THen on top of that I poured a mixture of the cream of chicken soups and evaporated milk. Topped it all off w/grated jack and cheddar cheese. It's baking now..

one bag of Oreida (or off-brand) diced hashbrown potatoes
1 stick soften butter
1 pkg. (2 c.) of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 sm. onion (diced)

throw it all in a large mixing bowl, mix it up, and spread it into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for an hour and 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

It is DELICIOUS! I usually make it for brinner (a.k.a. breakfast for dinner) with sausage, eggs and biscuits, but it is also delicious with pork chops, burgers, chicken, and anything really.

Happy cooking, everyone!:thumbsup2

This one is really good and the kids love it!!

Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole

1 lb ground beef
3 cups tater tots
1 16oz can tomato sauce
1 cup chopped onion (I usually omit this)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs, crushed
2 cups cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray. Cook ground beef & drain. Place tater tots on the bottom of the baking dish;top with ground beef. Stir together tomato sauce, onion, herbs, salt & pepper and pour over ground beef. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes.
I usually do not bake it with cheese I let everyone decide if they want cheese or not.

please, does anyone have one they care to share? Thanks!!!

The best way to make it is

1 lb or more ground beef browned and drained
1 small onion diced and sauteed w/ the ground beef
1 can cream of something soup (I use cream of chicken)
1 bag tater tots

Brown ground beef, sautee onions w/ it. Stir in cream of something soup and put into a casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Top w/ tater tots and bake at 425 til tater tots are crispy.

variations: sprinkle cheddar cheese on top before adding tots. Chunk velvetta into ground beef and top w/ tots. add garlic, salt or pepper. I've added salsa and jalapeno peppers and taco seasoning and cheddar for taco tot casserole too.

NO VEGGIES yuck. (serve 'em on the side!) NO MUSHROOMS yuck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter