In-N-Out near Disneyland?

FoundNemoLostDori

Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?
Hello,

My Husband and I will be going to Disneyland for the first time next year, and would like to visit the famed In-N-Out burger while we are there. We won't have a car, and so I was wondering if there is one within walking distance from Disneyland? Thanks so much!

There isn't one within walking distance, but there is one about a 5-10 minute taxi ride away (at Ball and State College).

Have you eaten there before? It's good, but not really "OMG, I must seek out this food" good, imo. We have them here in Las Vegas, too, but I pretty much never go there. They're always super busy no matter what time it is.

There is also an In-N-Out about 2 miles north on Harbor, several blocks south of the Fullerton Train Station

There isn't one within walking distance, but there is one about a 5-10 minute taxi ride away (at Ball and State College).
Wasn't it Steven Wright who said "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time"? It really depends on your definition of "walking distance" as well as where you're departing from. Google Maps shows that the one on Ball & State College is about 2 miles from the hotels on Harbor Blvd. Given how much most of us walk during a few days in the parks, is 2 miles too far or a reasonable walking distance?

It's not reasonable if you've already walked 10 miles in the parks! Many people on these boards seem to consider "walking distance" to mean "across the street or within a few blocks of the parks." Thus, IHOP is walking distance, but Ruby's (Lincoln and West) is not. Also, the streets are busy and not scenic in that area. If the OP isn't from an area that promotes lots of walking, then 2 miles can seem like a lot, especially in an unfamiliar area.

Just to follow up, we did walk from the Del Sol to the In-n-Out at Ball and State College during our visit to DLR last week. I will note that it was on our arrival day so we hadn't spent any time in the parks yet. Walking the 2.25 miles (according to my fitness app) would have been a lot more difficult after several days in the parks and close to impossible at the end of a park day. If your feet are fresh, however, it is doable although the route is not scenic and doesn't always have sidewalk. I'd also recommend studying the "secret" menu before visiting, whether walking or driving, because otherwise your options are limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter