In Memory Of The Towel Art

photo_zpsim9hmuvp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Even when my kids were young, we never got anything like this. I think a couple of three-ring Mickeys once or twice. We're just not living right.

I'm still not sure exactly why they "retired" the Towel Art at the Resorts,

The towel arts were retired because people expected them every night in every room and not all housekeepers had the time or the skills to make them. So, guests would go to Disney World thinking there would be something in their room every night and when there wasn't, some of those guests would complain.

Unfortunately, it was the internet and the outflow of information that kind of doomed this art.

It's like a post I saw on Facebook - "the good thing about being over the age of 40 is that we did all our stupid stuff before the internet".

Last edited:
The towel arts were retired because people expected them every night in every room and not all housekeepers had the time or the skills to make them. So, guests would go to Disney World thinking there would be something i their room every night and when there wasn't, some of those guests would complain.

Unfortunately, it was the internet and the outflow of information that kind of doomed this art.

It's like a post I saw on Facebook - "the good thing about being over the age of 40 is that we did all our stupid stuff before the internet".

People ruin everything. :sad2:

People don't ruin anything -- Disney cost cutting does. Every towel animal was an extra towel needling to be washed, dried, folded and transported.

I don't know when the towel animal thing started at the Disney hotels. It's really a cruise ship thing.

But, placing a moratorium on towel animals means rooms can get done quicker and housekeepers aren't using Disney's towels to try to increase their tips. Somebody at headquarters gets a nice year-end bonus for this.

It probably didn't help that people were taking the towels home. How many towels did they have to replace due to this? I think we got one mickey head towel on our first stay and it didn't occur to me to take it home. My parents brought home a snowman for my daughter. I'll have to find it post a pic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter