In Memorium Webpage

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Hi - It's happened a couple of times today. When I post a response to a thread, instead of being taken to the thread, I end up on a page that says it's in memorial for Marsha Anne Coughlin who was a friend of the Dis. The top of the page starts with a couple of error messages. Is this legitimate?

I had that happen to me too, sent to that same page instead of the posting successful one - but only once (yesterday).

Andre

I've been seeing the "DISboards.com Remembers Marsha Anne Coughlin, 1947 - 2012" page again recently, it seems to display every morning when I try to visit the DIS between around 9am and 10am (GMT, so that'd be 4am-5am Florida time).

I assume this is an alternative to the usual timeouts that occur for around an hour every morning around then (daily server backup period?) but this does seem a rather strange page to display instead of an error/timeout status message (especially as it discusses funeral arrangements for July 2012).

Andre

Has anyone gotten an answer to this? It's been happening a lot for me lately.

Was just about start thread on this. Same for you. Which stops me going into chat and news etc

Came here hoping to find out what was going on. I get it quite a bit. Usually late at night when I can't sleep, but sometimes in the morning too.

Happened to me a couple nights ago too. As soon as I went to the disboards.com page, the memorial page for Marsha Coughlin came up. I was unable to maneuver away from it to access the site. Finally quit trying for a while.

I came to the tech support page looking for info on this, but it looks like people have reported the issue but so far no one is responding.

Is this still happening (on or after Monday)?

It was happening many times a day when I would leave a page open on my computer. But it hasn't happened again at all the last few days. Here's hoping it's fixed! :thumbsup2

It's the default page you get when the database is offline for whatever reason (just in case anyone was wondering).

I've not been on the DIS in the mornings much over the past few days as I've been on Early shifts at work, but I checked again today and between about 9:15am and 9:40am (GMT) the memorial page was being displayed when trying to access any DISboards page.

I must admit it does seem a strange choice of default page for a database offline error message, I think I'd have chosen one that said, well, "Database Offline, please try again later".

Andre

Apparently the database is offline just about every morning then. I wake each morning around 4:00 a.m. EST and I get the in memoriam page just about every morning until close to 5:00 when it's running normally.

Is this a regularly scheduled down-time?

Is this a regularly scheduled down-time?

I assume it's for daily database backup, but it would seem to be an issue if it makes the service unavailable for an hour per day (I agree with those timings by the way, the DIS is routinely inaccessible from 9am-10am UK-time in the morning every day)

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter