In Memorium of Joan Riegger (Joan BWV98)

Erin BWV98

Earning My Ears
My name is Erin, and my mother was Joan Riegger, who many of you know as Joan BWV98.

In March of 2011, My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer that had metastasized in her ribs, lungs, chest bones, and skull. After a hard fought battle, she passed away on September 2nd, 2011.

I know she was an active member of the DIS forums and had even met some of you in person. She loved the discussions and the people here. Whenever we talked with someone planning a trip to a Disney park, she would always recommend they visit here.

She was such a wonderful, caring and kind-hearted person. The love and support from family, friends, and her co-workers was overwhelming. She was so loved and admired, that her co-workers arranged for a flag to be flown in her honor at half-mast above the Capitol building in Washington D.C. on the day of her funeral service. She is greatly missed and the world will never by the same without her.

I love you mom.

313418_623741481949_2042590099_n.jpg

Joan Riegger
1955-2011

Hope your loving memories of your mom, help you with the loss of your mom.

I am so sorry :hug:. I'm sure that you loved and still love her very much, that she loved and still loves you very much, and that you miss her terribly.

I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug: I remember her, a sad loss to the DIS community.

I'm so sorry. I lost my mom in 2005, also to breast cancer, and there's still no day that passes that I don't think of her and miss her.

I'm so sorry. :(

It looks like you got her beautiful smile. I hope your memories of your mom help you during the difficult days.

I'm so sorry. I am sure she is looking down at you with lots of love.
tigercat

Thank you for sharing and I am so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you are missing your mom tonight.

Welcome to the Dis Erin...
:grouphug::flower3::grouphug:

I'm so sorry. :hug: I lost my mum three years ago.

So sorry for your loss, Erin.

My Mom died last July, she also loved Disney so much....it's hard to be without them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter