In line at Villains unleashed!!

Disney is giving refunds to unhappy guests now?

https://twitter.com/bri3072

popcorn::

And let it be known that I didn't stand in an hour-long line for popcorn.

godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm-s640x387-82177_zps0b4675d5.jpg

Wow, I am so sorry to everyone there. This sounds like a nightmare! (And not in a cool villainous way.)

I had to laugh as I'm going through all of your posts, and then I see something on Facebook about how Disney is extending this 'Villian Madness' into MNSSHP. I guess they knew this was going to be a bust? Whoops!

The Twitter feed for #Villains Unleashed is crazy. Seems like the media peeps got catered to and your average guest got to wait in line for 3 hours to meet 1 villain.

Ohh Disney screwed up? Haven't seen you much in the threads that people were asking for advice in today. But hey, Disney screwed up:

Why would I pretend to give advice about something I, nor anyone, has absolutely no experience with? That would come across as a "poser". This ended up exactly like I thought it would...oversold. I think your "buddy" can vouch for that.

pulpfictiongif_zpse30d8079.gif

Let's dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight...

The Twitter feed for #Villains Unleashed is crazy. Seems like the media peeps got catered to and your average guest got to wait in line for 3 hours to meet 1 villain.

I had a similar thought when I scanned the twitter feed, too.

Cast members working the event helped out fellow CMs - 2 guys waiting in front of me for Jafar knew a girl, and she said something to them about she could arrange something, and they all left the line. I only saw this example but would be surprised if it wasn't common.

Starlord and Gamora looked pretty good! And once the party started, I didn't wait more than 40 mins each for the hyenas, Evil Queen, and Jafar, and it was easy to walk up to Stromboli. I'm just one person, but I don't think the event was a total bust. A bit crowded in certain areas, but so is MNSSHP, and there are long waits there too. Running out of merchandise so early and only having it in one store was their biggest mistake that I know of, and a lot of character lines said they'd meet until 12 but were closed earlier, I guess so they could be finished at midnight. That was a bummer.

Cast members working the event helped out fellow CMs - 2 guys waiting in front of me for Jafar knew a girl, and she said something to them about she could arrange something, and they all left the line. I only saw this example but would be surprised if it wasn't common.

Starlord and Gamora looked pretty good! And once the party started, I didn't wait more than 40 mins each for the hyenas, Evil Queen, and Jafar, and it was easy to walk up to Stromboli. I'm just one person, but I don't think the event was a total bust. A bit crowded in certain areas, but so is MNSSHP, and there are long waits there too. Running out of merchandise so early and only having it in one store was their biggest mistake that I know of, and a lot of character lines said they'd meet until 12 but were closed earlier, I guess so they could be finished at midnight. That was a bummer.

I still don't get the rationale for closing all the full service restaurants except Brown Derby. What did they think? That people wouldn't eat at an event held from 7 PM to 1 AM?

They had to know from ticket sales that there would be more people in the park than normal, so cutting down to just quick service didn't make sense to me.

They also handled Brown Derby terribly, too. Letting people in without a table for them wasn't a good idea.

My crew and I listened to the Beetles songs at Dj/hat after the Oogie show and then headed out. Made it to our fourth floor 80's bldg Pop room just as fire works started (we had left our car in the lot earlier in the day)- view was awesome across the lake- and got some great reflection shots. If someone wants to tell a non technical person how to post some pics- I'll do my best over the next couple of days. FYI- line was about 20 deep at guest relations as we left. Goodnight all. I hope those of you that attended at least got some of the pics you wanted.

I still don't get the rationale for closing all the full service restaurants except Brown Derby. What did they think? That people wouldn't eat at an event held from 7 PM to 1 AM?

They had to know from ticket sales that there would be more people in the park than normal, so cutting down to just quick service didn't make sense to me.

They also handled Brown Derby terribly, too. Letting people in without a table for them wasn't a good idea.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about food. I ate at the commissary before I got in line for the hag. Backlot Express was open for part of the party. Maybe Disney thought keeping TS restaurants open would be a waste of time, that people wouldn't spend their party time at a restaurant? Not sure of the rationale behind that but not the best idea.

TheDis comes through! My buddy has a horrible night, I relay similar experiences and tell him about refunds being issued. Last text:

" I really appreciate it! They are giving us a refund. He said a lot are complaing. Wouldn't want to be working in guest services tonight."

TheDis comes through! My buddy has a horrible night, I relay similar experiences and tell him about refunds being issued. Last text:

" I really appreciate it! They are giving us a refund. He said a lot are complaing. Wouldn't want to be working in guest services tonight."

So you are saying that I should have given people advice to enter the park and then get a refund at GR? It's soooooooo confusing on what I should have done...

I can't wait for more updates...it's all so conflicting...

swivel_zps5dc2ada7.gif

So you are saying that I should have given people advice to enter the park and then get a refund at GR? It's soooooooo confusing on what I should have done...

I can't wait for more updates...it's all so conflicting...

swivel_zps5dc2ada7.gif

Not that hard. It started with my friend excited for the event, texted me a pic of someone dressed as Ursula, turned into him griping about nothing short of 2 hour lines and how the event was grossly sold out, I see a post on the DIS about how they are refunding folks and text it to him, he thanks me and got his refund. Very conflicting indeed.

I was there from the beginning and only got to meet 4 characters. I thought it was fun, but the wait times were incredibly long.

Not that hard. It started with my friend excited for the event, texted me a pic of someone dressed as Ursula, turned into him griping about nothing short of 2 hour lines and how the event was grossly sold out, I see a post on the DIS about how they are refunding folks and text it to him, he thanks me and got his refund. Very conflicting indeed.

It was more about you calling me out for not being around to give people advice earlier today about how the night would turn out. If I had said "it will be a cluster.." would that have made it better? Let's hope your upcoming trip will be better...

pan_zpsfa766ec6.jpg

We had a pretty good time!

We got in line for Barbossa at 6:30. We got to watch all the villains come from backstage and go to a different inside area, so it was kind of like a little villains parade.

We were in and done with Barbossa at 810. Then we got in line for Emperor Palpatine. He didn't start meeting until 830, but once he did it was only about a 10 minute wait for us.

Next we went to check on Constantine but heard the line was about 3.5 hours so we watched him from the windows for a bit.

Then we got in line for the hyenas, waited maybe 20 minutes then got back in line for Brer Bear and Brer Fox, waited 5 minutes.

We wanted to check Maleficent's line but they told us it was closed so we checked out the Guardians dance party. Next we kind of wandered around deciding what to do. We ended up back at the Guardians dance party and got our picture with Star Lord and Gamora.

We got some food and then got in line for the 1130 Oogie Boogie show. I think we waited about 45 minutes and got good seats, excellent show.

Next we hung out at the Hades dance party, we were able to get pictures with the Big Bad Wolf and Hook and Smee.

I really wanted a poisoned apple glow cube but the lines were super long, we asked 2 people who had the drinks how long they waited. They told us 20 minutes and I said aw I just really wanted the glow cube. The nice Maleficent ended up giving me hers and said she'd already bought 2 others. :thumbsup2

Next we walked into the Club Evil/Brown Derby and looked around. Cruella and Big Bad Wolf were walking around inside greeting people.

By this time it was about 12:20. We wanted one more crack at the Streets of America villains, everyone else was lining up for fireworks but we headed back. Good thing too. The area was about abandoned and in 10 minutes we got pictures with: Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine with Gaston, Shan Yu, Frollo and Bowler Hat Guy. Then we walked by the Star Wars area and got: Stormtrooper, Jawa, Asaaj Ventress, Darth Maul.

We ended up watching fireworks from near that dinosaur off by ourselves and they looked awesome.

So we ended up having a pretty sweet time. Sounds like we might have been the only ones.

My wife and I were there tonight as well but had a very good time. Sure the lines were long and we didn't get to see everyone we would have liked, but was very cool none the less. I was still able to get pictures of most of the villains I wanted too.

We had a pretty good time!

We got in line for Barbossa at 6:30. We got to watch all the villains come from backstage and go to a different inside area, so it was kind of like a little villains parade.

We were in and done with Barbossa at 810. Then we got in line for Emperor Palpatine. He didn't start meeting until 830, but once he did it was only about a 10 minute wait for us.

Next we went to check on Constantine but heard the line was about 3.5 hours so we watched him from the windows for a bit.

Then we got in line for the hyenas, waited maybe 20 minutes then got back in line for Brer Bear and Brer Fox, waited 5 minutes.

We wanted to check Maleficent's line but they told us it was closed so we checked out the Guardians dance party. Next we kind of wandered around deciding what to do. We ended up back at the Guardians dance party and got our picture with Star Lord and Gamora.

We got some food and then got in line for the 1130 Oogie Boogie show. I think we waited about 45 minutes and got good seats, excellent show.

Next we hung out at the Hades dance party, we were able to get pictures with the Big Bad Wolf and Hook and Smee.

I really wanted a poisoned apple glow cube but the lines were super long, we asked 2 people who had the drinks how long they waited. They told us 20 minutes and I said aw I just really wanted the glow cube. The nice Maleficent ended up giving me hers and said she'd already bought 2 others. :thumbsup2

Next we walked into the Club Evil/Brown Derby and looked around. Cruella and Big Bad Wolf were walking around inside greeting people.

By this time it was about 12:20. We wanted one more crack at the Streets of America villains, everyone else was lining up for fireworks but we headed back. Good thing too. The area was about abandoned and in 10 minutes we got pictures with: Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine with Gaston, Shan Yu, Frollo and Bowler Hat Guy. Then we walked by the Star Wars area and got: Stormtrooper, Jawa, Asaaj Ventress, Darth Maul.

We ended up watching fireworks from near that dinosaur off by ourselves and they looked awesome.

So we ended up having a pretty sweet time. Sounds like we might have been the only ones.

Sounds about the opposite of anyone who isn't a Disney Lifestyler. But excellent first post on the DIS! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter