In case you were wondering if the magic was gone...

t2simon

<font color=blue>Proud Mom of Buzz Lightyear Jr
So we got back a week ago from a stay at Coronado Springs (I was attending the PKD Foundation's Leadership Conference and National Convention) and my camera was stolen (offsite) from my husband and son on their way to Kennedy Space Center with a friend. A cast member at Panchitos was so kind to my husband...this is the text of our letter to Disney about her (sorry for the length):

Dear Disney,

I am writing this letter to you because of one of your cast member’s display of compassion toward me and my family.

As our story begins, my family and I headed out on our vacation to Walt Disney World; my wife was attending the PKD Foundation’s Leadership Conference and National Convention at the Coronado Springs Resort. We arrived on Wednesday June 22nd. While my wife was attending the PKD Leadership Conference and Convention, my son and I would be touring the parks until the convention was over; then my wife would join us. Thursday and Friday, my son and I were at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. It had been 12 years since our last trip there and our son Aaron is now 16. The smile on his face was priceless.

On Saturday I had arranged for an old friend to take us to Kennedy Space Center (KSC), something Aaron was so excited to see and so was I. The last time I was at Cape Canaveral was on our honeymoon vacation to WDW in 1988. So much has changed since then. I grabbed my wife’s camera to record our trip, along with my son’s video camera. We were picked up at 7am on Saturday June 25th, and we set out to have breakfast before our 90min drive. We stopped at an IHOP on International drive in Orlando, and at approximately 7:15am my friend’s car was broken into and they stole all of our camera equipment, several thousand dollars worth, not to mention the precious memories already recorded. It took them 7 seconds to ruin our vacation. Needless to say or trip to KSC never happened and we felt very violated. My son was virtually in tears, not only because the trip to KSC was not going to happen but because of the video he had recorded the day earlier at Epcot. He was starting a video journal and without his camera (which we had purchased just for this vacation) he was not going to be able to document it. I was heartbroken. He had recorded video from the Voices of Liberty and The Living Seas. At this point we then headed back to Coronado Spring to wait for my wife to finish up for the day and go to dinner with her.

Aaron was upset so he went back to the room to take a nap. I went to the gift shop Panchitos to get a cigar to calm my nerves. It was then that I encountered Marisol and we talked for 20 minutes. I gave her information about some of the cigars in the case and she just listened to my story of what happened earlier in the day. I then bought a cigar and went out to the bar by the lagoon, grabbed a beer and sat there to smoke my cigar. My wife was done around 4pm, we went to the room to get Aaron so we could make our reservation time at Ragland Road in Disney Springs for Dinner. When we returned later that night, much to our surprise was a beautiful gift basket from the staff of Panchitos. I was floored, I had never expected anything like this. That little gesture made my family’s day. It reminded me that there is some good in this world. It may not replace what was taken from us but it did give us faith in humanity. Marisol went way above and for that I’m very thankful to her.

Marisol should be commended for her compassion and thoughtfulness. She didn’t have to listen to my story, it didn’t even happen on Disney property. But she saw my sadness and reached out. You should be very proud of her and the whole staff of Coronado Springs. Everyone there was warm and friendly and accommodating. It made what could have been a ruined vacation into one we will remember for a long time.

Thank you for reading this letter and please thank Marisol again for us. She is an example of the best of Disney’s cast members.

So, the magic is still there, the cast members as warm and genuine as ever!!

Panchito's is a neat shop. I've met several especially nice CMs there. And I like the board where you can place a pin to indicate where you're from.

Very cool of them.

Also, while you're here....how's the cigar selection at Panchito's? It's been awhile since I've had a good cigar and it sounds like a good way to finish off the first night of our vacation!

Sorry to hear what happened and reading this story puts faith in humanity for me as well. I am happy it helped ,just a little can go a long way.

Very cool of them.

Also, while you're here....how's the cigar selection at Panchito's? It's been awhile since I've had a good cigar and it sounds like a good way to finish off the first night of our vacation!

My husband said slim pickings but not bad; average around 15 dollars. They had Romeos, Ashton, etc.

We had the same thing happen to us, but both our video and regular camera were stolen right out of our stroller at Downtown Disney in the World of Disney store. We were standing right by it, one of their females distracted us about the hats we were wearing. It does make everyone sick. We had been to the Castle that morning and my daughter was so shy and was dressed like Belle in her Blue Dress. She spent so much time with her. All our videos and pictures from the whole day were gone. It was a ring of thieves from out of town, they caught them, but our memories were gone. Disney went out of their way to help us also. The next day we had very little sleep, it was our last day, we were eating at Crystal Palace and a cast member heard our story. After we ate, she informed us that she was our personal guide for the rest of the day and took us to every character. We all looked rough due to no sleep, but it was an wonderful example of how nice CM's really are.

So sorry this happened to you and your family. Hopefully your son will be able to return and make more memories, we relived a similar Cinderella Castle memory in 2014, took 16 years.

We had the same thing happen to us, but both our video and regular camera were stolen right out of our stroller at Downtown Disney in the World of Disney store. We were standing right by it, one of their females distracted us about the hats we were wearing. It does make everyone sick. We had been to the Castle that morning and my daughter was so shy and was dressed like Belle in her Blue Dress. She spent so much time with her. All our videos and pictures from the whole day were gone. It was a ring of thieves from out of town, they caught them, but our memories were gone. Disney went out of their way to help us also. The next day we had very little sleep, it was our last day, we were eating at Crystal Palace and a cast member heard our story. After we ate, she informed us that she was our personal guide for the rest of the day and took us to every character. We all looked rough due to no sleep, but it was an wonderful example of how nice CM's really are.

So sorry this happened to you and your family. Hopefully your son will be able to return and make more memories, we relived a similar Cinderella Castle memory in 2014, took 16 years.
Sorry this happened to you too...it really just stinks. Glad they caught the ones who stole yours though!!!

Nice story, OP. Thanks for sharing it.

CSR is one of my favorite WDW resorts. Everything else aside, I hope you and your family had a good stay there. :)

Crying. Honestly, only at Disney does this type of "magic" happen. Kudos to Marisol and the rest of the CMs that go out of their way to make our trips extra special. Thanks OP for sharing this story!

Crying. Honestly, only at Disney does this type of "magic" happen. Kudos to Marisol and the rest of the CMs that go out of their way to make our trips extra special. Thanks OP for sharing this story!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who teared up! Beautiful storý, but a horrible violation on you, OP.

In this day and age where customer service CMs probably here way more negative things about service in the parks, I am glad you took the time to compose this thoughtful letter Disney to let them know about wonderful service from the CM.

Thank you, everyone, for your very kind comments. I am always one to point out when someone is doing their best to provide a great experience to me and my family. Even if it is just a better tip at a restaurant, or a thank you. I also truly believe, you get what you give. If you are kind and considerate to others, they are kind and considerate back (for the most part, there are always those who will be a bit grumpy or gruff no matter what). Whenever I was walking around the resort, I always made a point to smile, and say good morning or hi to everyone I passed. It is amazing how just smiling at someone can change their attitude. I even do it at work...I'm so NOT a morning person, but I find that if I put my "best face forward" it improve my own mood too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter