In and Out in a Day

Happy Friday Ladies,

First things first - Liam is home. Not 100% yet but better now that he is home. I went to see them on Wednesday and when I walked in he threw himself in my arms. I asked if we could go for a walk, so out we went. He walked up and down the halls, played peek-a-boo with the nurses and walked some more. Afterall he wasn't "sick" just a bit off. The minute we turned the corner and he realized he was going back into his room he threw a genuine 14 month old fit. OH MY GOODNESS!! I had NEVER seen my little guy so adgitated. Elizabeth said he had been like that all day, as soon as he wasn't in the room he settled down, but in the room he was like a caged tiger. The night was very bad. He did not settle down for longer than 1/2 to 45 minutes. They decided that if he could take the antibotics orally he could go home. Elizabeth said that on the way home we kept looking out the window like, Oh thank God I am outta there. He took a 5 hour nap and slept 14 hours last night. Poor little guy!! Thanks again for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

Glynis ~ I am over the moon for Timmy and the rest of the family. That "puppy" has no idea the love that is waiting her. Have a great time!!

PIO ~ I think of you often. Are you slowing down any?

Becky ~ Ok, i will ask, what is a fitbit? Never heard of it. But I love to walk so it might be something I might like.

Robin ~ You could have thrown you fitbit away in Nebraska. :rotfl2: I think I might have to get one. Hummmmm.........

Marilyn ~ I am so glad you knee is feeling better. I am tempted to join WW online. I have been looking at it anyway. I don't like going to meetings but I would like the point structure.

Pastor Tess and Mike (her husband) have offered Doug and I their tickets to the Dinner Theater tonight. So I have no idea WFDT, but I am sure it will be wonderful. After the week I have had, anything that I don't have to cook sounds amazing. And believe me, there will be wine consumed.

Make it a great day all!

I just had to come and say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Kat and Gretchen for making my 50th the best. You two are the best.:thumbsup2

I just had to come and say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Kat and Gretchen for making my 50th the best. You two are the best.:thumbsup2

Happy Birthday - so sorry I missed it.

The Dinner Theater friday night was wonderful. We (actually Pastor Tess and Mike) had front and center seats. The dinner was just meh.....but the play was knee slapping funny. We saw "The Drowsy Chaperone". A nice way to spend the evening.

We had gotten a text picture (on Thursday) from Lilly that could Nana and Poppy come and play on Saturday. Oh girls, it was precious and of course we said we could. We had a funeral that morning to serve, but we're in Kearney around 2. We stopped at the house to drop Cooper off and headed to Ethan's wrestling match. They were coming also. As we pulled out of the driveway there was a car blocking our way. Marty was laughing in the front window and I couldn't see who it was. Finally Doug was laughing and said turn around and look. It was Matthew!! He came and surprised Doug and I. What a nice surprise it was. We all had a ball. and a very nice weekend.

WFDT ~ Turkey and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans and cherry crisp.

Make it a great day.

Just stopping in to check on Baby Liam and am so glad he is better, although I was teary picturing that little boy in the hospital. Terrifying experience! Thank God little boys are so resiliant! And thank goodness for littlel Lily!

GLynis- Haopy Puppy day!

Lauri- I am so sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was happy!

Good morning, everyone! We area adjusting well to having our new furbaby! She is so sweet, but you can tell she's still missing her former owner. The kids lover her, though, and are being really sweet with her. I'll try to get some pictures up on facebook today or tomorrow.

Timmy was sick yesterday, so it was kind of a yucky day for me! He'd been up all night throwing up, and slept quite a bit of the day yesterday. I was hoping for a nap, but my body wouldn't cooperate. As a result, I dropped into bed quite early last night, and slept late! Luckily, Katie doesn't have school today, so I didn't have to be up until 6:00 instead of 5:00!

Not sure what we are having for dinner. Something with chicken. I'm thinking creamy tomato chicken over noodles. It sounds good to me! Either that, or cinnamon chicken. I'll run it by the kids and see what they want.

Glynis- glad to hear things are going well with the pup.

Ellen- so happy to hear Liam is on the mend and you were able to enjoy a night out. I assume you have explained to Ethan you have had enough trouble from the grandchildren and he is to stay healthy!

Not much going on here, just itching for spring!

Hey y'all. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I miss everyone, things are changing quickly for me and not in a good way. I will try and keep up here, as best I can. No time for cooking and I miss it!! Love, hugs and prayers for all.:grouphug:

Kathy- I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Sorry you are having a tough time, I'm hoping its a bump in the road and everything that matters will be fine. Please check in when you can.

Hey y'all. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I miss everyone, things are changing quickly for me and not in a good way. I will try and keep up here, as best I can. No time for cooking and I miss it!! Love, hugs and prayers for all.:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Kathy! I hope it's nothing really serious. You have me a bit worried! We'll be here when you need us. Take care, ok?

I'm so sorry, Kathy! I hope it's nothing really serious. You have me a bit worried! We'll be here when you need us. Tak'se care, ok?

Please don't worry.:hug: It's all job related due to the economy, big changes that are going to be quite an adjustment for me after 32 years of the same job and schedule.

Morning Girls,

Glynis ~ So gld your new girls is adjusting. It will take awhile but she will realize how loved she is.

Kat ~ Oh sweetie - that sucks!!! Prayers are headed your way.

Robin ~ You are so right. I did tell Ethan that he wasn't allowed to get sick. This Nana already has grey hair, don't need any more. :rotfl2:

Nan ~ Hey sweetie, how's the math and homework going? I am just so proud of you. You rock :worship:

We are suppose to get rain over the weekend. It is suppose to start tomorrow night and rain all day on Saturday. We need it so bad. And I will take the rain over the snow any day. We shall see.

Well I have 2 weeks down with running this Church by myself - actually I have a great Board of Trustees - and I am pretty proud of me. I do go home just pooped but all in all it's ok. Just have 4 more weeks.

Girls I tried this over the weekend and thought of you all.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread

2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
5 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
4 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 300F. Grease 2 loaf pans.

Combine rice flour and next 4 ingredients (rice flour through xanthan gum) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed until blended. Add remaining ingredients one at a time while mixing on low speed. After all ingredients are added, increase speed to high and beat 2 to 3 minutes.

Divide batter between pans and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!!!

WFDT ~ Beef strognauff over egg noodles, harvard beets and warm bread.

Make it a great day all!!

Kat- I am so worried about you!:grouphug:

Ellen- Algebra and me...not a good match! :cheer2:I have nex week off so I can chat more then, but I wanted to tell yo I am glad you are doing okay running the Church. I was thinking about you!

BBL!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well.

Life continues to revolve around work here and the hot hot weather. Other than that, not much to report.

Good morning Girls,

Kat ~ Hugs my friend. I so wish there was more that I could do. Please know that we are all here for you.

Nan ~ Thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it. You will get this math I just know you will. I really wish you could talk to Matthew. He could help.

PIO ~ Hot hot hot sounds so good right now. I have been thinking of you wondering if you are getting along ok. You are so busy right now!!

Hi to everyone else ~ hope you all have a great refreshing weekend.

As I was walking into the Church this morning it just looked funky out. If it was July I would swear we were in for a violent storm. You know the ones that you can just feel in the air. We are suppose to get rain - yea you read that right, we are to get rain - It might even thunder. The forcast says strong rain tonight and snow during the day tomorrow into Sunday. Like I have said before we will take anything we can get. It could be a real long summer, and to be truthful I am not looking forward to it.

We are going to Ethan's wrestling match tonight. The little scoot is pretty good, but oh how I hate watching someone throw him to the mat. I usually close my eyes. The rest of the weekend is going to be pretty quiet. Which is good I have played the last 2 weekends and I REALLY need to clean and catch up on a few things.

WFDT ~ Cheese Runza and a bowl of chili. I can't wait!! The town where we are going has a Runza there so of course we have to go.

Make it a great day!

Glynis - How is Tinkerbell? Can't wait to see pics of her!

Ellen - You should be very proud of yourself! Do you work a 40 hour week? The thought of that terrifies me after working 3 short days a week for so long.:(

Hoping to have some boiled crabs tonight, been craving them! I hope y'all have a great weekend. Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers.

:hug:

Will be a quiet weekend here for me. Really need to get some cleaning done around the house. Next weekend will be busy as my DN is coming to stay while her big sis has a 3 day swim meet. Going to plan lots of cooking and other activities to do with her.

Glynis - How is Tinkerbell? Can't wait to see pics of her!

Ellen - You should be very proud of yourself! Do you work a 40 hour week? The thought of that terrifies me after working 3 short days a week for so long.:(

Hoping to have some boiled crabs tonight, been craving them! I hope y'all have a great weekend. Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I work a 40 hour week. But if you ask Doug he would say more like 50 and only gets paid for 40. :rotfl2: I work 8-4, but rarely get out of here before 5. They keep talking about just salarying me, but so far I am holding out. I get paid hourly and I am afraid if they salary me I would be working 60hours per week. But I really can and do come and go as I please, so it all works out.

Yes, I work a 40 hour week. But if you ask Doug he would say more like 50 and only gets paid for 40. :rotfl2: I work 8-4, but rarely get out of here before 5. They keep talking about just salarying me, but so far I am holding out. I get paid hourly and I am afraid if they salary me I would be working 60hours per week. But I really can and do come and go as I please, so it all works out.

Stick with your hourly pay; especially if you're going to be doing that much O/T.

HI Girls,

This job is seriously getting in my way of playing with all of you. Please be patient with me, as soon as Pastor Tess gets back I should have more time with you all. I am into the 3rd week of 6. Praise the Lord!!

Kat ~ My thoughts and prayers are with you all. My goodness you can't catch a break.

PIO ~ I couldn't agree more - that is why I am holding out.

The sun is shining, and the temps are to get to 50 today. YEP I typed 50. We got lamblasted with another 10" of snow on Saturday night into Sunday. What a mess but it is melting and we can really use the moisture. Makes me really realize that Spring is right around the corner.

WFDT ~ Marinated grilled Pork Chops and homemade Mac and Cheese.

Make it a great day!!

Morning Ladies,

Where is everybody? Oh well, I will keep talking to myself. :rotfl2:

Good grief it is only 12 degrees out this morning, but is supposed to be in the 50's in the afternoon. I really do see the light at the end of this winter tunnel. I just wish the sun would shine. I don't care how cold it is, when the sun shines it just makes it all feel better.

Tonight is our 4th Lenten service. One more to go then it is Holy week. I am almost there. I spoke to Pastor Tess yesterday and told her I am going to need a vacation after all of this. She agreed. Really, she and the Church do appreciate me, I can NOT complain one bit. Well I can complain at least to you guys but it really doesn't make any difference. I just wish she would do these things at a more convinent time of the year. Advent and Easter - REALLY??!!

WFDT ~ SPPRC is serving and I hear we are having Sloopy Joes (Doug's favorite meal NOT) and I don't know what else. At least I don't have to cook.

Make it a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter