• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In and Out in a Day

Hey youse...hope youse are all gid.

Not much to say , the boy is great so that is all that matters right !?

Stay safe ma friends.

Ellen- I guess you're feeling better! I have to get our freezer defrosted, I wanted to get it done last spring but the steer half we ordered got butchered earlier that expected and we needed the freezer. How long does it take to defrost? I've never had to defrost a freezer before.

I always defrost mine in the winter, that way I just put everything in boxes/tubs and place on the porch so it doesn't start defrosting. I take my dutch pots and fill with hot water and place on the shelves and start a stand up fan. I keep the water in the pans hot to help with the melt and the fan really speed it along. I suppose it tooke me a couple of hours till I was putting stuff back in. I do it once a year.

Ellen, :flower3: Your cleaning sounds nice. I've been attempting to clean. It's not going so well. :rolleyes: My friend lent me a Zumba DVD. It's still in the box...

About the cleaning - start with just 3 things you are going to do/clean night. Or set the timer for 1/2 hour and when the timer goes off you quit. It is amazing what you can get finished in 1/2 hour.
Sweetie, the Zumba DVD will work so much better out of the box. ;)

You guys are THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!! Thanks for letting me vent, and then validating me! I really needed it. In hind sight, I've just let myself get so stressed about things that are out of my control, that every little thing drags me down. Not anymore! I'm not going to stress about things I cannot change! That's my new mantra!

Good for You!!! You SO deserve to treat yourself better. Change what you can and learn to accept what you can't change. YOU my friend are so worth it.

Hey youse...hope youse are all gid.

Not much to say , the boy is great so that is all that matters right !?

Stay safe ma friends.

Hey you, good to see you. I saw on the news this morning about a soccer/football game where the ball boy was covering the ball on the sidelines and the player kicked him in the ribs. He was ejected from the game, but everyone thought it was the ball boys fault. :confused3 They said the Chelsey fans were livid. I thought about you. :thumbsup2

It is cold here on the plains, but nothing out of the usual winter. Last winter we were so warm that nothing really went dormant and the bugs were rampant last summer. So we are all glad that we are getting a good hard freeze/winter. It was -5 this morning when I left, but should be in the teens this afternoon. As long as the sun shines it does make the cold days more bearable. And thank God for tank heaters. There is no chore I HATE worse than chipping ice from the tanks.

I am so darn excited!! We are heading to Kearney tonight to see Lilly. It has been over a week since I snuggled her. That is way to long for this Nana. I told Stephanie I would bring dinner, so all she has to do is go home and we can play. I can't wait!!!

WFDT ~ Sirloins, baked potatoes and a mixed green salad.

Make it a great day all!

Howdy all,

Bethany ~ Sorry sweetie, I was just trying to help. I know the over whelming feeling of never enough time. Hopefully it will get better soon.

I had a ball last night. Lilly was in such a good mood. We read books, played with her elephant, I fed her and gave her a bath then rocked her to sleep. I didn't want to put her down. What a precious little girl. She just makes my day so bright.

We have another quiet weekend. We have a gathering of friends tonight to go to but other than that nothing. YEA!! I hope you all have a good weekend and stay warm.

WFDT ~ meatball subs, sweet potato fries and baked apples.

Make it a great day!

Hi ladies, just checking in. Glad to see everyone is doing well.

PIO - Thinking of you often, my friend.

Parades have begun so we'll be sticking close to home for our Friday night out dinner. Not sure where but we're going to have some kind of seafood tonight.

Have a great weekend!

God Frosty Morning Girls! I have not been checking in as often as I should, I have been trying gt get my home ready so I can concentrate on school but I have been reading.

Glynis- I think a pity party is healthy once in a while. Women take so much time caring for others that I think we forget to think about ourselves and what matters to us. Sure a dishwasher is the best appliance to go without if you need to, mine was out of commission for months while my "fix-it" DH decided what to do about it. It was working, there was something in the lines and he was puzzling over it. Finally I convinced him to snake it and Voila! I said some pretty nasty things about him, I was that :furious: I won't bore you with his latest project. I have been after him for two years to finish the space under the breakfast bar. He waited until I steamed every inch of my great room, cleaned those darn cellular shades, and washed all the windows. Now the wall is fixed and he is sanding every little blemish in the walls. Normally I would be fine but I start back to school on Tuesday.

So, vent here! Believe me...............I joined your party and I am still there!

PIO- How are you doing? I worry about you. Please remember we are all here!

Kat- has your pain decreased? I don't blame you for staying home. We are staying home but that is becasue it is Freakin Freezin here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen- You kill me! I cleaned my freezer but not the way you did. I unplugged one and shoved everything into the other. :lmao: I will wipe it out and toss a cover on it so no one opens it. I am so glad you are enjoying your Princess! They are only babies once so take all you can get! Our girls came for supper on Thursday for Buddy's birthday and Nola made him a card. She told a story about her card and Buddy was as close to teary as a big bear of a guy will get in front of his little ladies :goodvibes Oh they make me smile!

Bethany- How are you? I have not heard from you in a while and have been thinking about you.

Janice- I am holding you responsible for my not starting my diet. Your pins on Pinterest have been my downfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:upsidedow All kidding aside, I love that place and can tell whose pins I see before I see names. Just like when I went back over our old threads. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Glynis- How do you like your soap? I made a powdered version and love it! I added teh scent crystals because I like them and that was the most expensive part but Holy Cow! My clothes are looking good!

Now ladies, don't be jealous but I am cleaning ovens. I did the upper yesterday and it was a big mess. I usually put them off because I hate cleaning the oven racks and cannot get past my Mom always saying you had to clean those darn things. Anyway, I saw a method online to clean them and it worked like a charm

I put some of my powdered cleaner and some extra oxyclean in the bath tub, added hot water and walked away for two hours. I ran a brush over them, drained the tub and brushed them again. They were really dirty so I did it again and while I used a scrubby sponge on them if I had followed teh direction to leave them all night I bet I would not have needed to do that. The reviews online said to add some ammonia but I was afraid because of the crystals, I don't know what is in them. I have the second set soaking so I did add some Dawn. They are no where as bad so maybe one soak is enough.

Howdy all,

Bethany ~ Sorry sweetie, I was just trying to help. I know the over whelming feeling of never enough time. Hopefully it will get better soon.

I didn't mean to sound snarky. :flower3: Your advice is good. I just literally did not have even a half hour in my day for a few days in a row last week, and it's even worse this upcoming week. :scared: Some of the pressure on the schedule will be relieved on the 4th or 5th, more after the 8th, and Ash Wednesday just sounds like pure bliss right now. :rotfl:

Some of the busy is fun stuff; a lot of it isn't.

Parades have begun so we'll be sticking close to home for our Friday night out dinner. Not sure where but we're going to have some kind of seafood tonight.

Have a great weekend!

Where'd you end up going and having? The traffic is getting on my utter last nerve, although I admit to not liking driving, so it doesn't take much to find my last nerve while on the roads. :rolleyes1 But lately it's just absurd...too many events and road closures at one time. I'm actually heading out now again....

Hopefully everybody is having a good weekend! :grouphug:

Happy Australia Day everyone!

0126AustraliaDay003.jpg

0126AustraliaDay020.jpg

0126AustraliaDay025.jpg

Life is rather hectic here. We're gearing up for DS to head back to school and just trying to make it through day by day, week by week.

Thanks for the thoughts......I really need and appreciate it right now. :flower3:

Just dropping in to say hi everyone. I've been reading all along but not much to say. Been having a harder time since parents left to head south for the winter. Just cant seem to find life back again. Been living life through all of you its good to come here.

Nan – Yes, the cortisone shots have worked wonders. I still have pain but it’s tolerable and I’m functional again!:yay:

Bethany – We went to Zea’s on Manhattan and had crab cakes and the biggest fried shrimp I’ve ever seen. Their roasted corn grits are SO good!

PIO – Your pics are stunning, as always! Thanks for sharing.

Lauri – I’m so sorry, my friend. You know you can call me anytime.:hug: Are y'all still trying to come down for another visit?

WFD - It'll be one of those spend the day in the kitchen kind of days for me, which I love. Trying this....

http://www.food.com/recipe/sopranos-sunday-gravy-spaghetti-sauce-64750

Hey, everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend! We had a warm front move in. It actually got up to 40 degrees yesterday and today! We had a lot of ice and snow melt, and the nasty inversion was swept out with a warm wind! Of course, the cold front is back tonight, and we are expecting anywhere from 8 to 10 inches of snow overnight. Hopefully, the forecasters will be wrong!

Alan cooked dinner tonight and we had a roast with baked potato and spinach. Unfortunately, he didn't cream the spinach, only steamed it, so it was pretty tasteless, and the kids hated it. Oh well. Can't love everything!

Morning girls,

I am so sorry I wasn't here yesterday - I was swamped at work. Didn't even get home till 5:30.

Nan ~ Sweetie;) I have freezer space available. I swear Doug waits till I clean to make a mess. I SO hear ya!!

Kat ~ So glad the shots have worked. Enjoy your city - Someday I am coming and we can enjoy it together.

Bethany ~ No apology necessary. I totally understand. Take care - this too will pass.

PIO ~ still sending good thoughts your way. Loved the pictures

Glynis ~ Is the dishwasher fixed yet? Your weather sounds miserable.

Lauri ~ :hug: sweetie, I hope your days starts getting better. I think this is what they call "The winter blues". Take care my friend.

We have been in a dense fog since Sunday. It has been awful and cold temps so ice everywhere. Not a good thing at all. It is still so foggy this morning that as I look out my window it is so dark the street lights are till on. I haven't seen the sun since early last week. I am so a sun person - my mood really reflects it too.

I have a short week as we are taking off Thursday as soon as we get off of work to head to Lincoln to stay with Matthew. We haven't seen him since Christmas, and it is time!! I have a meeting with the Bishop on Saturday and a Dr. Appt. in Omaha on Tuesday so we are making it a nice get away for 5 days. I got us College Basketball tickets on Saturday night to watch UNL Men play Ohio State and then the Women's game with Minnesota on Sunday. Should be fun!!

WFDT ~ Tomato Basil (homemade) soup with 3 cheese grilled cheese sandwiches. It's just that kind of day.

Make it a good day all!!

Good morning from the deep freeze!!! It's SO COLD HERE!!! We are now getting the snow that the northern part of the state got yesterday. It started snowing at 6:00 this morning, and hasn't stopped since. Good thing I have no where urgent to go today!

My biggest task today, is to try to get orange crayon out of Leslie's laundry. She ran it through the washer and the dryer before noticing, so, it's going to be a chore!

Last night I made cheese and been quesadillas which the kids ate up! Hooray!! Tonight is a lemon chicken orzo soup. Sounds perfect for today. I'll probably whip up some rolls or biscuits to go with it, as well.

Oh, Ellen, in answer to your question. Alan sent away for the part needed to fix the dishwasher. It came, he installed it, it still doesn't work. After more research, he found that it's a design flaw in the model. Hundreds of people have been complaining about it. So, we have decided to save our pennies and find a new (to us) dishwasher when we can afford it. Until then, our kids are taking turns washing and drying. It's not so bad yet. But I know the complaining will come. Such is life!

PIO- I have been following the floods in Australia. Your homeland is in my prayers. Is your area safe?

Just dropping in to say hi everyone. I've been reading all along but not much to say. Been having a harder time since parents left to head south for the winter. Just cant seem to find life back again. Been living life through all of you its good to come here.

:hug: I have been thinking about you!

Oh, Ellen, in answer to your question. Alan sent away for the part needed to fix the dishwasher. It came, he installed it, it still doesn't work. After more research, he found that it's a design flaw in the model. Hundreds of people have been complaining about it. So, we have decided to save our pennies and find a new (to us) dishwasher when we can afford it. Until then, our kids are taking turns washing and drying. It's not so bad yet. But I know the complaining will come. Such is life!

Let them complain! I never had a dishwasher until 8 years ago. I love it and hated it when it was not working but believe me, kids are not tortured when they do the dishes ;) When you have time, check out appliance repair shops and used appliance dealers. I bought my washer that way and even though Buddy was opposed I am glad that I did. It has been 2.5 years ant it runs well still. That is not why I am glad I bought it though. I hate it. I really really hate it. It is a front loader and a very good one but if I have paid full price I would be miserable. Anyway, the appliance guy told me they will often get closeouts and discontinued models or models that need to be refurbished but are pretty new. It pays to check them out, you can save a bundle! After buying the washer used I am not afraid to buy another appliance that way if the price is right.

I started school and I already have a headache! I am intelligent but algebra is going to kill me. I just cannot love it! I lasted one class this morning, realized I was never going to be able to manage with that instructor so I dropped it, added another and sat through the same class again this afternoon. 2 in one day! YUCH!

Buddy is working on the ceiling and even though he insists he covered everything my kitchen is pretty bad. Dinner is wine. Oh yea, ham and vegetable barley soup for me and chicken and whatever for Buddy. I can't really stand that kitchen. :duck:

Nancy- my kiddo is in algebra, I can't believe the stuff they do in seventh grade! She's in advanced math but I don't think I did some of this stuff until high school. Thank goodness she doesn't need help. Sorry you had a rough first day back.

Glynis- sorry the dishwasher wasn't an easy fix. At least the kids are old enough to help. I think our fridge is on its way out so I'm starting to research them, I hope I have a while- they are pretty pricy.

Ellen- you deserve a short week. Sorry it involves doctors but other than that it sounds really fun.

Dinner smells about done so I better go check. Carrot fries, roasted potatoes, crock pot buffalo chicken.

Glynis – You are so lucky to have a man that can actually cook a dinner! Johnny has one dish, heating up hot dogs and opening a can of chili, :laughing:! Sorry the dishwasher turned into a bigger problem than you thought. Good thing you have the kids! Our weather is crazy hot right now, the visitors are enjoying it!

Ellen – I hate foggy weather. We had a stretch a few weeks ago with fog and rain, it’s so depressing. I’m so excited you’re going to see your boy, enjoy!!!

Nan – I hate math, especially algebra. Hugs to you, my friend.:hug:

Robyn – I could never help Kyle with his math. Our neighbor is a math major and thankfully she would give him a hand when needed.

Well, we had yet another unexpected expense this past weekend. Woke up to water in the garage and needed to replace the hot water heater...$$$. Planning a road trip for baseball…$$$. Kyle’s books for final semester…$$$. When will it end? Good thing I have money set aside for our WDW trip. If we hadn’t bought DVC there is no way we could manage going twice a year.

Had one of our favorite one pan dinners tonight, we all love it:

http://www.marthastewart.com/313336/baked-chicken-with-onions-potatoes-garli

Ellen - Really appreciate the thoughts. I'm holding up.

Glynis - Hope the dishwasher fixes soon.

Nancy - My state is on fire. We have devastating bushfires here; and devastating floods up north. It must be summer in Australia! I'm fine where I am but my thoughts are with those living through upheaval right now.
Well done on starting school. I think I'm in the minority. I love maths....even algebra. :hug:

Robin - Your dinner sounds lovely from here.

Kat - Sorry about hot water heater. I hope your garage is now all dry.

Today, I realised that I've missed being at the centre of a disaster zone at work. I've finally positioned myself into the epicentre of a category 5 cyclone project and that's when the realization hit me.

Most of my projects until this one have been tinkering at the edges of rainshowers and I've been half asleep at work.

I'm happiest at work when I can crank up to full throttle.

So, I'm stressed but happy at work; and still dealing with the bad start to the year at home.
Welcome to 2013!

PIO - Glad to hear you are Ok. Keeping those affected in my prayers.:hug:

WFD - Chipotle lime grilled pork chops, salsa rice and a salad.

Kat- It is worse because my boys are math gurus! Did not get it from me ;) LOL! Don't work too hard, my friend!

Robin- Marisa was telling me last night that she has been helping Kady and needs to go and do the work first so that she knows what on Earth Kady is doing. True story--- I was looking at some of her papers and she was studying the same science I took in college last semester. I think it is terrific but Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIO- I am not good under pressure so Kudos to you! Prayers offered for those in need. I did not realize the fires were an issue, I only saw reports of flooding.

Ellen- are you enjoying warm temps this week? We get weather after you and it is warm and foggy today. I may just plug in my extra freezer JIC.:rotfl2:

School tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter