In a Pickle Need Advice

bch044

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I have finally received a call from Casting about a position I applied for and have already interviewed for. I didn't get time to call them back today but I will 1st thing in the morning and I know it's to offer me the position.:love::love::love::love:

Now the pickle: My wife and i have just opened a new business and am coming into our "season" until about mid-October for which we have layed out quite a bit of money for, like our alot of our savings and who knows how much sweat equity. We all know I want the job at disney (including my grown children and my wife) it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I would love to do a parttime thing there like Nov-May and I am wondering if this is a possibility?
Oh yea one more thing I live in Ohio and would be doing temporary housing in Florida.

Thanks
Steve

It doesn't sound to me like a part time gig makes a lot of sense when you live in Ohio. Is this a once in a lifetime job offer?

I love working for Disney, but moving to another state for a PT job seems rough.

Don't mean to be a downer, congrats on the job offer.

Thanks for the reply:

Guess I should have mentioned that Nov-May I am out of work because what we are doing is seasonal. And as for the moving to Florida it will be just me till the wife retiresfrom her "real" job and I would bring down our travel trailer and live in it and then bring it home for our season. Which we will spend most of our season in on the road doing our new business adventure and making it home every couple weeks.

Thanks
Steve

Got it. It sounds doable.

Good luck to you, it's a great company, even more so when you have a passion for it.

I'd say it depends on the job. I know that a lot of seasonal CMs are now getting no hours because of the economy.

If the job you interviewed for is indeed a seasonal part time position (that's not really clear from the original post), then it's possible. But if it's a year-round part time position -- and that was clear when you interviewed for it -- it's not likely that Disney will turn it into a seasonal part time position to accommodate your new business. There are simply too many people in need of jobs -- part time, full time, whatever -- for them to offer to tailor the current position to fit your needs. (Unless it's a very specific job for which only a few people have the proper skills.)

Also keep in mind that Disney does not provide seasonal housing. You'll need to get that on your own. That could be a pretty expensive proposition, particularly if you have most of your savings tied up in your new business.

Additionally, you state wanting to work for Disney Nov-May. If they're offering you the job now, it's likely that they want you to start now. (Your "season" may not be the same as their "season.") I don't see them holding a part time job (or any job, really) for you until November.

Unless the job already fits your needs, I doubt that you'll get Disney to change it to do so.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter