In a huge dilemma, need advice.

vin1215

Mouseketeer
Hi guys I just got three separate e-mails for initial phone screening for a handful of the PI's I applied for. However I have also been accepted to the MBA program at Rollins college, a top ranked program who also has great ties to Disney. Anyway my start date is in August and all of the PI's run from June-January. My admissions director said students are not really allowed to work their first semester because of the workload. For example the first two weeks of the program requires us to be on campus for 40 hours per week. That being said, I know it is extremely hard to get a PI, especially the ones I applied for since they did not offer these roles last year, so I do not know what to do. On one hand, I figure if they do offer these same roles next year that i will have a greater advantage to accept them being that I am enrolled in the program which has a great relationship with Disney as mentioned before. On the other hand there is no guarantee these roles will even be offered next year so maybe I should take advantage of them now. What do you guys think?

If the MBA program is something you really want to do, I would go ahead and do that now since this might be your only chance. You could always apply for a P.I. later.

The PI will be around for you each session as long as you are earning an MBA. I would go for the MBA program.

a lot of schools let you defer your admission, that's what i'm doing for my graduate program. i was admitted to a college for a masters degree program and i am deferring my admission until spring 2011. =) i hope this helps!

a lot of schools let you defer your admission, that's what i'm doing for my graduate program. i was admitted to a college for a masters degree program and i am deferring my admission until spring 2011. =) i hope this helps!

Also a great idea!

My program will allow me to defer to the January start date however this start date is set up a bit different than the August one and the differences are not favorable.

Do you guys think the same PIs will be available next year?? They were not offered last time but I think that was due to the economy and budget cuts. What do you think?

My program will allow me to defer to the January start date however this start date is set up a bit different than the August one and the differences are not favorable.

Do you guys think the same PIs will be available next year?? They were not offered last time but I think that was due to the economy and budget cuts. What do you think?

You never know for sure, but would you feel better about have something that's a definite? You could end up not getting a PI since they are so competitive, would you be upset that you wasted time you could be going to school?

I would think so, the economy is starting to turn around, so that's a good sign.

Like you said, as a Central Florida university, Rollins Colleges does enjoy a strong relationship with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as a whole and with Walt Disney World Resort specifically. The Company does occassionally post internship opportunities through the Rollins Career Services Office (as well as with Valencia CC, UCF and other local schools) that are not considered part of the Disney Professional Internships Program, but nevertheless provide many of the same opportunities for networking and skills acquisition. Perhaps you can explore that option?

I would think so, the economy is starting to turn around, so that's a good sign.

Like you said, as a Central Florida university, Rollins Colleges does enjoy a strong relationship with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as a whole and with Walt Disney World Resort specifically. The Company does occassionally post internship opportunities through the Rollins Career Services Office (as well as with Valencia CC, UCF and other local schools) that are not considered part of the Disney Professional Internships Program, but nevertheless provide many of the same opportunities for networking and skills acquisition. Perhaps you can explore that option?

Thanks for the reply. I just really want the marketing strategy roles and I got so excited when I saw them up on the Disney site. I am actually thinking it would be better to have 2 semesters of a MBA program under my belt before I start that role, to better prepare me and also make me a bit more competitive. It will also give me a chance to network with some Disney employees as Rollins has told me that they usually have 5-7 Disney execs come in and speak to their MBA students as meet and greets. I just hope the marketing strategy roles will be available next semester.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter