Impressions of Universal Studios

1nfrequent

Mouseketeer
Went to Universal Studios last month and just thought I'd share my observations.

Stayed in the Hilton Universal Studios, which I thought was a good hotel. The room was large and comfortable and I thought the breakfast (which wasn't included in my rate) was fantastic - a lot of choice on the buffet and really something for everyone. Big advantage is that it's only 5 minutes walk from the park.

I had a 2 day ticket and was offered a VIP ticket experience but I didn't really see the point.

TBH I did everything I wanted to do in the first day and was a bit disappointed by how small the Park was. Favourite rides were Jurassic Park and The Mummy and I was lucky that the queues weren't very long (longest was about 20 minutes). The Transformers ride left me a bit cold really, mainly because I didn't think it was as good as Spiderman at USF and the whole robot thing leaves me a little cold.

I enjoyed The Simpsons and the special effects show was entertaining.

I quite fancied the Horror Maze but it was closed until 9th November. No idea if this was for general maintenance or Halloween (but if it's for Halloween they're opening it kinda late).

I didn't eat in the Park because there were better places and more choice in Universal City.

Although my pass gave me VIP access, I didn't really need it. The queues in late August weren't too long and there aren't so many rides at US that you can't do them all in opening hours.

Hope that's of use.

1F

Thanks for the review - we were considering doing a day trip there and ur review has helped me make a decision - we'll be going to universal in orlando so i think ill skip the LA one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter