Impressed with VMK player behavior

I was disappointed that the quest was closed mid-day. I wish it could have just lasted a few minutes longer. :rotfl:

I am amazed at all of my vmk friends' endurance! Most of us played until we were literally ready to drop off the keyboard to get others through pirates. I hope they don't do something this big again any time soon....sorry to those of you who have more stamina than me! ;)

The best part of this quest for me was being able to help others make it through. Because I knew too well that feeling of wondering if you will ever get that score on the now infamous task #16. Big:thumbsup2 to everyone that helped others on this quest.

I was wondering where Lava Boy was that whole weekend.... it was in the back of my mind the whole time... it was just this thought that "something or someone is missing"

I was wondering where Lava Boy was that whole weekend.... it was in the back of my mind the whole time... it was just this thought that "something or someone is missing"

I didnt dare fuel the fire ROFL

we thought letting you all vent rant create a million threads on the same topic would release a little stress :rotfl:

I think it worked even @_@

Aengus, this is a nice post. I am happy to give you a red pirate hat if you still need it.

it will be coming thats for sure :rotfl:

I wish I could join in on that one. Based off of how little you have said on here regarding the situation, I'm still not completely sure what side you're taking on the situation (though I have a gut feeling).

I wish I could join in on that one. Based off of how little you have said on here regarding the situation, I'm still not completely sure what side you're taking on the situation (though I have a gut feeling).

I will take no prisoners Mint :rotfl: Actually you will be surprised my opinions on it are all over the map. There will be good, bad and ugly :lmao:

Oh jeez. i thought you would have been like naughty naughty i am ashamed of you LOL.

oh well, im just glad to see that people can pull through such a plague. As for some of my friends, im sorry to say good-bye to you. :(
Thanks goodness it wasn't, that newsletter was enough.

I will take no prisoners Mint :rotfl: Actually you will be surprised my opinions on it are all over the map. There will be good, bad and ugly :lmao:

LOL! I'd like to hear that one! Give me a shoutout! ;) :rotfl:

It's true. Everybody was helping each other. Because of a thread this morning, I was able to quickly finish the quest before going to school.

Thank you to everybody who posted tips on how to finish the Jungle Cruise requirment for the test. If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't have made it.

That's it for now lol. Teehee, hopefully we won't have another quest like this ever. There was too much clatter and lag in VMK and everybody was going insane. I, myself, was crying over the fact I kept losing at potc. That proved that I was going phyco over a simple game on the computer.
Thank you to the DISers that helped me get past potc too!

LOL, but thankfully, the "impossible" quest that Swimmingneno (my close buddy) has called it, is OVER! Hopefully much more calm behavior will be around lol.

I'm also surprised that the DIS boards was very helpful. Considering we couldn't trust anybody that wasn't our friends nor even existing in our minds. Thanks once again to everybody for their help.
I CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW THANKFUL I AM TO YOU GUYS!

I think that's all I have to say lol.
Thanks again (i need to stop saying that) and have a good night!
Just keep swimming!
-->Faye-Marie :goodvibes

Although I don't post often I have read a lot. Watching the camaraderie and loyalty around here has been such a breath of fresh air compared to what I've read or witnessed on other forums.
With this quest in particular, I was amazed at how both Aengus and Pink stepped up and really showed their true colors. (no pun intended Pink) I personally witnessed Aengus help player after player through the pirate task not allowing us to let him go next. I did not get the good fortune of playing with Pink, but page after page of her hard work was hard to miss.
I'm sure that many of you did the same and will most likely go unnoticed. To you all I say...
Here here!! May you truly be blessed for your selflessness! (oh rats..where is that cheers smiley when you need it?)

Good stuff bro. :grouphug:

My apologies goes out to Mal for not making back to ghosts to help. I had to sell out Pink.Cat as well in order to get back to the struggling pirate team. I hope to God you finished the quest!

Everytime I saw Aengus on my list he was in the pirate lobby! You must of pushed alot of people through! :thumbsup2

The generosity of people from the DISboards never ceases to amaze me. Whenever VMK does something that is seemingly unfair to the majority of players, there's always a DISfriend to step in and sooth our aching hearts.
Opening up rooms to get everyone dream ears, having contests for people left out of the official gingerbread competition, and now people offering to share their prizes from the quest. Also to others helping out with this weekend's items that were overlooked in the rush to get the quest done. There is such an overwhelming sense of community here that it truly warms my heart.

I am disappointed by VMK's attitude in their recent newsletter, it does seem very un-disney-like behavior to be scolding people .. especially when the majority of the people are innocent of wrong doing. I don't think that helping others by playing friendly pirates/mansion is cheating and neither is putting up spoilers for those needing them.

Thanks for listening ... and a special shout-out to 'the_mike' for gifting me with a sweet puppy :dog2:

Hey and how better to bond than common frustration. I know I banged my head on the wall with friends, got to chat with friends I had not seen since the last team ride competition- and even learned the importance of "not pulling a briar" when questing.

Yes. It's official. I've joining the ranks of "Grace" by contributing to being my own definition of what NOT to do.

If you don't make sure the Q button is on BEFORE you start the task, and manage to score the required score...that will probably always be known as "pulling a Briar". :laughing:

I assure everyone that it was NOT amusing at the time. ;)

I was amazed to see my entire friends list either "not in any room" or popping into a Pirates lobby. So I also am proud of how we all managed to scramble to get people pushed through.

But, I had felt so guilty that I had friends who wanted me to help, but I was already committed to other groups! It was killing me that I couldn't get around to as many people as I could. I'm just glad to see that it seems we managed to get a LOT more people through than VMK counted on.

Good work, my DIS peeps. :thumbsup2

Thanks for creating this thread. With all the quest bashing it is hard to see the good experiences (friends and loyalties) that we had. I actually finished the quest. It is the only way I would have ever gotten close to having anything rare, and I was proud of myself for completing the quest. Then came all the negative comments...and it all made me feel bad for finishing the quest. I actually had guilt for finishing when some of my friends did not.

So kudos to those that finished! And extra kudos to those who were dedicated to helping people get through the most difficult parts. You rock!:grouphug:

I was very impressed with the teamwork between everyone in the game. Yeah, there was a bit of ' we're waiting for 1 more team member, and you guys have to wait for 3, so you guys have to leave. '. However, the patience people had for one another was beyond what I could ever imagine. There was a point the other day where the line for a lobby took 40 minutes to get into, and everyone in our group was waiting patiently without one complaint. Not to mention we repeated this about 6 times before we all moved on in our quests.

I was helping out on about 3 pirates team, and I was very surprised to see that 2 of them lasted over a day and the same people were still there.

I also noticed a lot of encouragement from one player to another. I can tell you that I was stressed out at some point, but a dis member came over and cooled me down. (I'm assuming she's going to become a therapist at some point :goodvibes )

There was also a tremendous amount of friendship during the last few days. I found myself helping out people who I don't know so well (or fond of for that matter), and they would provide mini game assistance in return. The other night, I was stuck on the mansion quest, and I asked a few people for help. Next thing I know, two peeps come in and say ' We're here to rescue you, Penny! '. I did invite one of them, but he brought over a friend (or enemy considering this person :rolleyes1 ), and they were able to help me catch 127 ghosts in a snap. They're both my heroes now :worship:

Everyone that participated in groups to help people get past the pirates and mansion tasks should be applauded. You guys are inspirational, and you all TOTALLY ROCK! :)

i do have to say that the teamwork from everyone was really fantastic. even yavn commended us on our ability to work together. i kind of had a feeling a little way through this quest that that may have been something vmk was trying to get us to understand. that sometimes, we just need to work together. i also enjoyed the fact that this quest introduced me to many new people who i have now realized are very nice people and i am glad to have them as friends. so i would actually like to thank vmk for this quest although i feel terrible for everyone who couldn't finish.

Task #16 will go down in vmk history!

This whole Quest was Epic.

Task 16, and those of us who lived through it (whether by failing, passing, being helped and/or helping others) will forever be

Legend...
w
a
i
t
for
i
t

...Dairy!!!

Thanks to all who helped me. And thanks to those I helped. The warm feelings of friendship, pride, and accomplishment I have are all I need.

:grouphug:

He is not punishing the cheaters they got it already.
He is punishing the honest players, and he knows it.

I haven't read the Yavn bit yet...
But I do know I saw in this very forum at some point yesterday that a couple of the hosts had told people as early as Sunday that the quest ended at noon on the first.

So whatever the case, they had been planning on the noon shutdown earlier.

Now, mentioning that on the newsletter might have been helpful, or some other way of telling us that besides relying on visiting a host and asking that specific question...

but I hate you more :rotfl:

WOOT I win!

Surely you've noticed that I not once asked you to be on my team :rotfl2:

shooting all my teamate to get to the final round and be all alone

:lmao: Would have LOVED to have seen that! Uhh.... wait.... no.. I wouldn't! I would have surely killed you! :lmao:

and even learned the importance of "not pulling a briar" when questing.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Or could be known as "pulling a petez" :rolleyes1 You two are bad bad bad :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter