Impatient Question

glo

Has a heart bigger then all of
How long before you actually see the results of exercise? I know for me it has been a week, and that I know is not long enough, but when do you start being able to see the inches come off with the tape measurer.

I seem to be stuck at my present weight, no matter how much I have stuck to this diet. So I have started exercising, I also had to for health reasons, so I kill to birds with one stone :)

I just need to see some kind of progress somewhere, or I know I am going to get discouraged and give up.

Suggewtions??? Advice???
PLease?

I first noticed a difference after 3 weeks of exercising. Hang in there - it's so exciting when the inches start coming off! I've only been exercising a month now, and I find it actually "feels good" to exercise. Never thought I would ever say that. LOL!:bounce:

Glo have you been taking your measurements? I found that that's like a back up to the scales. If the scales don't move you almost bet your tape measure did. I just started my work outs and the firm tapes guartee results in 10 workout and from what other users of there tapes say that 's right on the money so I'm on my 4 day of the firm today and i so love it. I can "feel" me getting stronger with every session it's totally motivating for me.

I have knee trouble...so I do pool work. I do swim laps,then do the kick boards, and treading water...then I switch to running in the pool while doing swim strokes. I do that three times a week for 30 - 40 minutes. Then the other two days a do about a mile at a moderate pace walking around the school gym. I sneak in an 8 minute abs or butt tape here and there :)

I do the weights for about 20 minutes 4 times a week, and I do 100 or more crunches a day, and leg exercizes for PT for my knees everyday.

Do you think that is to much?
OR should I be doing something else?

I just started taking measurements last week, because the weight is not coming off :(

I do drink about 100 oz a day of water...cut out all soda and drink nothing else, but water.

On Atkins, and just want to see some improvement :( somewhere.

Sounds like you are a workout fiend! :) :) :) I think your program is excellent!!! Working out in the pool sounds really neat.

How do you feel mentally and physically now that you have started working out again? I would say give yourself 4 weeks or so to see results. And don't be upset if you show a small gain on the scale. :) You are building lean muscle.

DH took my measurements last week and I am going to have him take them again two weeks from that date. I'll let you know if I've lost anything!

Keep up the great work. I really don't know when you should expect to see a difference, but I think after you've worked out for 4 weeks solid you should notice SOMETHING!!!

Hang in there!

I don't know about the exercise part, glo. But I do know that I measured myself on January 23 and didn't measure again until a month later, just to give myself some time. I lost LOTS of inches.

Don't hurry yourself, glo. Wait a few weeks before measuring again. I would say at least a month. You should lose inches as much from the eating plan as the exercise.

Katholyn

Glo, you should give yourself at least a month before measuring. I do know it can be discouraging to step on the scale and not see it go done keep in mind that you are building muscle and that weighs more than fat.

Great for you that you do that much excercise. I would love to have the energy you have to do that much.

Don't get discouraged. Results will come, its just a matter of time.

I would just hide the scale for awhile. If you can feel results in the way your clothes are fitting then you know that you are getting results.

Cindy

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter