Immediate family only for Escape wedding?

PoSh HuNnY

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had an Escape wedding with just immediate family? My fiance & I are thinking of just doing that with parents & siblings only...but it would only be a total of 8 of us.

For those of you who have done this...did it seem "desolate" or "weird?" There aren't a whole lot of ceremony options..I'm thinking WP & then do a dinner reception at a restaurant...any tips would really help!

We're going to disney in 3 weeks & have an appt with consultant!

I haven't had my wedding yet, but this is exactly the plan my fiancé and I have. I don't think it will look desolate at all. I have seen some memories collection weddings, which have lower guest limits and they look gorgeous in photos. Our plan right now is just immediate family (which for us will be 16 people) at SBP and then dinner at a favorite restaurant. I wouldn't worry about how it looks...if this is your dream wedding, go for it :)

Nope! Not at all! We had the max at 18 (at the time) but I have one DISbride friend who only had her and her mum and her DH and another who only had 6 I think....
It's done all the time! It's lovely and intimate that way!

:goodvibes

I think this is what Escape weddings are designed for! Personally, it is exactly WHY I want an Escape wedding...I don't want a big wedding. I will be having only 8 guests and my brother also had an Escape wedding 10 years ago and he had even less and it was very nice. Only the people that matter the most!

We had an Escape wedding at the WP and there was only 8 of us, it was perfect.

We had an Escape wedding at the WP with a total of 16 of us. At first, I was concerned about us looking ridiculous in such a big space. However, we visited it before we decided on having our wedding there and there was no need for my worries. It is another wonder of Disney architecture that a space that can hold 300 can also feel intimate with a party of 16.

It is a beautiful space no matter what size your group is. Happy planning!

Did any of you have an at home dinner or some gathering for all the others that you didn't have? We have a list around 175-200 people. My friend got married in St. Lucia with immediate family then came back & did a cocktail party for everyone...that's something we're thinking about...

But then I'm also thinking in terms of cost-effectiveness...would it end up just being cheaper to invite everyone to disney & figure that about 40% would attend & that's it?

Any & all suggestions and experiences would be helpful! We have our appt. Jan 25th for a site visit!

We're also having an escape wedding in 2014 and its only immediate family which is 14 of them. We're also having a reception back at home

wdwobsessed: that's exactly what we're thinking of doing! it really seems like it would be the easiest & as stress free as possible...are you doing a full reception with dj or band, flowers, etc?

Did any of you have an at home dinner or some gathering for all the others that you didn't have? We have a list around 175-200 people. My friend got married in St. Lucia with immediate family then came back & did a cocktail party for everyone...that's something we're thinking about...

But then I'm also thinking in terms of cost-effectiveness...would it end up just being cheaper to invite everyone to disney & figure that about 40% would attend & that's it?

Any & all suggestions and experiences would be helpful! We have our appt. Jan 25th for a site visit!

We had a party back home but it wasn't an expensive one.

I've heard that Disney weddings get a higher yes rate than other destination weddings so you might find you get a lot more than 40% saying yes.

wdwobsessed: that's exactly what we're thinking of doing! it really seems like it would be the easiest & as stress free as possible...are you doing a full reception with dj or band, flowers, etc?

We decided to get married in Disney because 1. Im obsessed (just like everyone else) and 2. my parents were talking about taking us all down there in 2014 for a vacation and thats when I wanted to get married so my dad said "why dont you get married down there since we'll already be down there" which was music to my ears! So thats the plan! Between both families there will be 13-14 people. My DF parents own 80-something acres of land at their house, so we were going to do a reception/BBQ type of thing. We'll have a DJ or a band but probably no flowers.

Chilly..that's interesting but I thought of that (we were entertaining a wedding in St. Lucia too) that it's only a 2 hour flight from NY, not international, people can make it a very short trip & if it's a weekend wedding, a lot of people wouldn't even have to take off of work if they couldn't...but then that raises the issue of costs! & i honestly do not know what the etiquette is: do you give gifts for destination weddings or not?! I hate to sound superficial, but I'm being real & honest...we can't afford to shell out $30k-$50k & not receive gifts, so this is what's making it tough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter