Imagineering ?

skippyilove

Earning My Ears
I've been doing a lot of research on how I could become an Imagineer
since I'm only just starting high school. But my research over the years has been inconclusive. I can't find the best path on how to become one. which college or university to go to. What classes to take in high school. I know I have some time to go, but pretty much the only thing Ive found is that its near impossible to become one. If anybody here is an Imagineer i wold love some tips. Ive wanted to be one since I went into middle school. Does anybody know anything about this?

Just google "how to become an imagineer" and several pages of links will come up. I glanced at a couple and they all seemed to have alot of advice. I would say love Disney, keep being creative, focus on exactly what kind of Imagineer you want to be. (Park development or resort development maybe architecture, construction or community planning skills would be helpful) Try to get a job with the WDW College Program and make sure youtell them you want to be an imagineer one day. Maybe they can put you in a position that will help you along the way. Good luck!!!

This is a link to one of the websites I found. It's an unofficial look at Imagineering. Looked like it was chockful of info.

http://imagineering.themedattractions.com/

Good luck!! I know it has always been a hard thing to become. I have a client who dreamed of that (he's in his 50's now so it was a long time ago). Disney missed the boat with him cause he is a creative, clever, artsy man who is very young at heart! :)

I admire you having a dream and exploring what it takes to make it come true. Keep on trying and dreaming!!

Thanks for all of the replies. to be more specific I would like to be either somebody who comes up with attraction ideas or somebody who designs things for a specific project If that helps. I like to draw and come up with Ride ideas. I was wondering If id have to wait til I was out of High school to start any Internships or not. Id like to get started asap cause I do have a lot of time on my hands. And i have about 7 Imagineering books myself. If anybody has any kinda company ties I can contact for some sort of young student internship perhaps. Or If anybody knows who I should call or write that would help as well. Thanks again.

Sorry to double post

Thanks for all of the replies. to be more specific I would like to be either somebody who comes up with attraction ideas or somebody who designs things for a specific project If that helps. I like to draw and come up with Ride ideas. I was wondering If id have to wait til I was out of High school to start any Internships or not. Id like to get started asap cause I do have a lot of time on my hands. And i have about 7 Imagineering books myself. If anybody has any kinda company ties I can contact for some sort of young student internship perhaps. Or If anybody knows who I should call or write that would help as well. Thanks again.

Sorry to double post

I don't know if this would help towards becoming an Imagineer, but I would suggest taking drafting and design classes and as much math and physics classes in high school as you can and subsequently going to college for engineering. I can't imagine anyone being an "Imagineer" without first being an Engineer.

Sorry to double post

Keep in mind that Disney frequently likes to use contractors for these projects, not actual castmembers. Also, there are other companies that design rides (Disney has bought rides from them) that you could get a job with for experience and contacts. Eventually you may be lucky enough to be hired on. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter