• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Imagineering help

stitchluver

Earning My Ears
My dream job is to be an Imagineer and I only know of a few job categories. I was thinking of doing something with a computer science degree but I don't know what I could do with a computer science degree at WDI. I want to send a letter to an Imagineer but I don't know what the address is. Have any of you contacted an Imagineer? If so, what kind of response did you get if any. Also, what could I do at WDI with a computer science degree???

What a great dream! Imagineering has many jobs. Although I am not sure exactly what you could do, I bet you could do something awesome because much of the process is technology. If I were you, I would do the Disney College Program. It is a paid internship. You work in the parks and resorts, and get possible college credit. After that they have professional internships geared. Disney likes to hire within the company. For more information on Imagineering, I would suggestion The Imagineering Field Guide. They have them for all four parks at Walt Disney World. There is a cool section in the front with a few jobs at Imagineering. If you want to look at possible jobs, check out Disney's Career page (disneycareers.com). I hope this helped you! Please ask me any questions and I will try to answer them the best I can. You can send mail to Imagineering. I did a few years ago. When I got a letter back I was very grateful and happy! :') (Yes there were happy tears) It was really nice of them. It was from David Fisher, who worked on Cars Land. He was actually at the D23 Expo and it was SO amazing seeing him. He wrote me mail and attached an article on Imagineering. Trying to do a cool location, I actually used Imagineerings address which you can find under my profile picture. Another awesome thing to do is have a meal with an Imagineer! You can do this at Hollywood Studios and Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk resort. I would highly suggest this. Hope this helped and have a magical day! :wizard:

That was really helpful. I have the Imagineering book for Disneyland. My family and I are thinking of going to WDW next year so my one condition is that we have to dine with an Imagineer lol. I really want to go to UCLA because of the Imagineering course and the volleyball. I hear that the course is good for connections. How true is that? I am definitely sending a letter. Did you adress it to a particular Imagineer or just general?

Glad I could help! Walt Disney founded a school called CAL ARTS, but I don't think that college would be very helpful for your degree. I am not sure about ULCA, but that sounds correct. Los Angeles is very close to Glendale. I am guessing to there are many Alumni from ULCA. I also know my friend also wants to go to ULCA, for special movie effects. He wants to work for Lucasflim (Star Wars, Indiana Jones). So I am assuming they do have good connections with big creative companies. I addressed the letter to the Imagineers.

I was thinking about special effects because I love that kind of stuff. What kind of degree would I have to get for special effects?

I was thinking about special effects because I love that kind of stuff. What kind of degree would I have to get for special effects?

I'm not sure. A great place to look is College Prowler. You can search for degrees. Don't quote me on this for degrees because I am making an educated guess. I would guess technical theater or animation, depending on which kind of special effects you would want to do.

What kind of classes should I take in high school for special effects

I'd love to help you the best I can. I am actually in theater was was a techie for show. It may be easier to chat through messages. I will send you one right now!

Stitchluver, I'm in/was in the same boat as you. Honestly high school classes might not help that much. It's all going to happen in college. Right now I'm in DCP and you should think about doing it. One of my instructors here said WDI is really hard to get into without networking, and DCP is a great way to do so. I've tried emailing WDI when I was a sophomore in HS, but never got a response. Not I'm getting connected with one of the imagineers here at DLR.

If you really are antsy to start on being an imagineer, the million dollar question, I heard, is what can you bring to the table. It won't matter how creative you are, but what can you do. So if you find something you really like (I.e. computer science, robotics, sound) then just explore your passion for that field. Have fun right now and don't worry about WDI till later haha. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter