ImagiNations 2008

OneLittleSpark

A Michaelmusophobia Sufferer (please don't hate me
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the webpage is now up for the ImagiNations competition 2008. I entered it last year, and made it through to the final (so did DustyShadows from this board). I have to say it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I only wish I was still out there with all the other finalists! If you're eligible to enter and have an interest in Imagineering, I would strongly suggest you go for it!

Good luck everyone!

I just wanted to second what OneLittleSpark said... the ImagiNations competition is an absolutely amazing experience and if you have an interest in ANY field that Imagineering encompasses then this is the the chance of a lifetime! OneLittleSpark and I actually met on these boards before we had even entered... so this is a great place to get started.

I would also like to congratulate OneLittleSpark on not just being a finalist... but actually being the top prize winner last year!

Feel free to post or PM me if you have any questions and good luck!

:blush: Awww, thanks Dusty! But honestly, if I was given a choice between winning, and getting sent the trophy in the mail; or getting through to the final, but not winning, I would choose the final every time! It was an amazing 10 days out there with you guys, seeing all the Disney properties and working with the Imagineers.

Anyway, enough of my ramble down memory lane, anyone out there who wants to be an Imagineer, should look into this! :woohoo:

Just a quick bump, to make sure no one misses their chance to enter this year! :thumbsup2

Hey there, crazytp93. I'll do my best to answer the questions:

For our entry, my teammate and I designed an audio tour for the visually impaired. At the final there were also rides, shows and a restaurant.

When we were out there for the final, Imagineering covered all our necessary expenses (such as travel, accommodation and food), so no one considering entering need be put off by the worry of financial costs.

When we entered, both my teammate and I were in our 3rd year of university, both studying engineering. They accept people from a huge range of disciplines, though.

Sorry for not being more specific, it's just that Disney are understandably careful about media relations, so I don't really want to say more than is available on the official website.

Do you know what subject you want to study, or are you not sure yet? They've been running the competition for about 16 or 17 years now, so I would think it should still be running by the time you're eligible to enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter