I'm worried about my cabin choice

Beachmum

Mouseketeer
The more I read, the more I'm concerned that we picked bad cabins. We have adjoining rooms on the Wonder -- 8504 and 8506. They're kind of aft and pretty high up and just below the pool deck. Now I'm worrying that the motion will be strong and the noise from cleaning up the pool at night (which starts at about 7:30 p.m. for us) will be loud.

Am I worrying over nothing or should I convince DH to spend more for a two-bedroom suite (which was still available the last time I checked)?

This will be our first cruise and I want it to be great since we live in LA and can easily take other cruises.

are forward - not aft - and that will put you under the spa and adult pool - it will be very quiet there

You are worrying for nothing.....and a 2 bedroom suite will still put you on deck 8; you'll be mid, but that's likely to be noisier. I think you'll have a wonderful cruise!

Yes, as a previous poster said, 8504 and 8506 are fore and under the spa, which should not generate significant noise. You are more likely to be under the pools in a suite. We were on Deck 8 way to the aft in January, and didn't notice motion any more than when we'd been midship on decks 5 or 6. You should be just fine. Happy planning!

we were in the walt disney suite (2 br - room 8030 i think) on the wonder and as the other posters pointed out - it's midship under the main pool area....

it wasn't noisy there at night, but starting from 4 in the morning, it was a bit noisy as they moved the deck chairs around for cleaning...

Of the 4 of us, i was the only one bothered by the early morning noise...it woke me up every night....DH, DD, and DS slept right through.....they only woke up when i woke them for breakfast....
and i didn't mind being woken up since i love watching the docking process - which usually occurs early in the morning...(yes i'm a geek :) )

another thing to consider - the 2 BR is a concierge suite - the rooms you're in now aren't concierge....so you're paying almost as much for your two staterooms as you would for the concierge 2 BR, but not getting the concierge services...

so i'm revising my initial response - i would go for the upgrade to concierge if i were you..

The more I read, the more I'm concerned that we picked bad cabins. We have adjoining rooms on the Wonder -- 8504 and 8506. They're kind of aft and pretty high up and just below the pool deck. Now I'm worrying that the motion will be strong and the noise from cleaning up the pool at night (which starts at about 7:30 p.m. for us) will be loud.

Am I worrying over nothing or should I convince DH to spend more for a two-bedroom suite (which was still available the last time I checked)?

This will be our first cruise and I want it to be great since we live in LA and can easily take other cruises.

how many days is the cruise?
what category is 8504/8506?

i changed my earlier response, but i'll say it again here - if you can afford to upgrade to one of the concierge suites, i would do it if i were you...i was working the numbers on the disney cruise line site and it seems you probably have to add about $1000 to what you're already paying for the two cat 4 staterooms you have reserved to get the 2 BR concierge suite....

even though there's no concierge lounge on the wonder, it does give you some priviledges....concierge suites get to book excursions, spa facilities, palos, etc. at least a week before the rest of the ship is able to...
that way you're sure to get everything you want...

plus they have a special service that helps you before the sailing and on board the ship..

you're currently taking two category 4 rooms....that's a lot of money...

if you can afford the 2 BR and it's available then go for it......
and given how much you're paying for two cat 4 rooms and not even getting concierge, i would add on and get concierge..

You are worrying for nothing.....and a 2 bedroom suite will still put you on deck 8; you'll be mid, but that's likely to be noisier. I think you'll have a wonderful cruise!

I like them!!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter