Im using slim fast and I have only lost 10 pounds`

bambii

<font color=#000080>aka Jadedee<br><font color=dee
in two or maybe three weeks it has been to cold and icy to walk I need help to keep from quitting.

bambii said:
in two or maybe three weeks it has been to cold and icy to walk I need help to keep from quitting.

Don't quit, what you are doing is just the beginning or else you'll bounce back to where you were before and gain possibly more lbs.. I hope you are doing more than just the slim fast. Exercise, walking, jogging, swimming, running, any thing involving increasing your heart rate. The exercise will help you to burn the calories and fat off and out your body. Drink lots of water too to flush things out. PLEASE DON'T QUIT since you've come this far.

Find a walk off the pounds walking exercise video from Leslie Sansone if you like to walk. I love it. its so easy to do and it does feel like you are just out for a walk. But just don't quit.

Each time I've quit, loosing weight gets harder and my tollerance level gets higher. It takes me more work to loose the weight.

Find a WISH buddy if you don't have one. Just search "buddy" on the WISH forum to find the find a buddy thread or just modify your thread here and ask if some one needs a buddy.

I know this cold weather is non motivating. I'm in Indiana. This morning its been sunny and cold and who knows how it will be later today. I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here.

Keep moving, dance with your kids or your dh. just keep moving the best you can. :yay: :yay: Best WISHes!

:magnify:**I'm typing w/o my glasses so forgive any and all typos or typing errors. I''m using my good eye to type this message**

Great advice above regarding the walking!

I just wanted to say that it's not "only" 10 pounds -- losing even 1 pound is a great accomplishment! 10 pounds is how much a bag of a gazillion oranges weighs at Sam's Club. Or 2 bags of potatoes. Or 40 sticks of butter (borrowed that one from another WISHer).

Focus not only on losing more weight, but also on maintaining that 10 pounds that you already lost.

And I second that the Leslie Sansone Walking Away the Pounds videos are great. Also, you don't necessarily have to "exercise". Is there anything around the house that has been nagging at you that you've been meaning to do? Maybe some cleaning? Vacuuming? Any kind of additional movement, even if it's not traditional "exercise" burns calories and will help to at least maintain, if not promote more, weight loss.

Good luck! You can do this! :cheer2:

10 lbs in 2-3 weeks! That's awesome! Keep it up.

I lost 30 pounds on slim fast a few years ago. It took about 4 mos and definately happened in spurts. Like lost 7 right away, then hovered a bit, then dipped some more, hovered some more......

Also, visit Slim fast's website. It's a great place to keep track of your calories, weight and exercise. I really enjoy using their site. And best of all it's really easy and free :cool1:

Keep up the good work. It's got to warm up soon!

MY only problem with Slim Fast is if you read the labels, most of their stuff has a lot of sugar. Sugar turns to fat. Plus, I don't like anything that restricts me to a certain menu. Eat smart and be healthy. Stay away from fried foods, breads and deserts. Also, stay away from the soft drinks and any type of sugary drink during the night time. With that and a regular exercise routine, the weight will come off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter