I'm trying out for Wheel of Fortune tomorrow...

Awww... :sad1: I'm so sorry you didn't get chosen. Years and years? :headache:

Yep...years and years. If I recall it even stated in the letter that it could be years before you are called to appear so if you should move or change your phone number in the meantime to let them know. I figure if I call every so often than maybe my file will get bumped up some. LOL

Someday they might call when I least expect it.

Your friend was on the Wheel?

Yep, my friend John and his brother Tim, it was a sibling edition in Hawaii. He got a free trip to Hawaii and a couple thousand dollars out of it. This had to be more than 10 years ago.

Another guy I know was a 5 day champion on Jeopardy when 5 was the maximum amount of days you could win. He went back during tournament of champions, but didn't do as well. We went to high school together and he always had his nose in a book, very smart guy.

I saw him recently during the holidays, he's back in school for another degree.

I've tried out for Jeopardy, Millionaire and Weakest Link, didn't make any of them!

I was on a game show though. It's called It's Academic and it's a DC area high school quiz show and it's actually televised on Saturday mornings and regular NBC tv! We won our first round and appared on another epsiode (it was the first time our school had ever won a round - and I was the captain!). We lost our second round. I did win money. Like $300? That helped with Senior Week at the beach. :teeth:

Kimya

A lady that I went to church with and babysat for in high school went on Wheel of Fortune and won the big puzzle at the end. that was pretty exciting!

I was on an episode of the syndicated Weakest Link - and I WON! It wasn't a huge windfall, but enough to buy a new computer and a nice camcorder for our WDW trips. It was back when they first started the show and I was on one of the first episodes - it aired back in January of 2002.

It was so much fun that I tried out for everything I could find after my one year period ran out (had to sign a contract saying I wouldn't be on another game show for a year after it aired). I tried out for Wheel, Millionaire, Pyramid (the Donny Osmond version) and didn't make any of them. Oh well.

OP, I hope you are boning up on the alphabet before you go. :teacher: Remember W is not a vowel. ;)

:scared1: I didn't think about the taxes..... yikes!!

Once you ebay off everything you don't want, it will pay for most of the taxes.

I always want to be on Oprah's "Favorite Things" show. I'd eBay most of them off to buy other things I want & can afford. :cool1:

MIL was on Jeopardy. Did poorly.

I also know someone who was on Who wants to be a Millionaire--I can't remember how much she won, but it was enough to almost pay off their home.

DH was called back for "worst case scenerio", but did not go. It was around the same time as 911, and he just didn't feel it was the right time to be traveling, taking off at work etc.

Good luck to you

I was on "Win, Lose or Draw" around twenty years ago. They came to my city and I auditioned with a thousand other people. I'm a drama queen, so I got picked because I was loud, enthusiastic and maybe kind of cute:rotfl2:

They did a week's worth of episodes in one day. They chose around 30 finalists, and you didn't find out that you were going to be one of the ten that got onto the show until right before they were about to tape each episode. I did great in the auditions, then got stuck during the show (Of course, I knew what an anvil was from watching the road runner as a kid, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of ways to draw it:confused3 ) The celebrity contestants were an up and coming Brad Garrett (fresh off Star Search), Carol Alt (way before Celebrity Apprentice) and one of the first MTV VJ's (a blond woman, can't remember her name). Oh, the fourth one was Mr. T!

I ended up losing, but on this show, you got to keep any money that you won during the show (about $800 for me, plus some consolation prizes - videos, etc.)

It was a blast, especially because I wanted to be an actress anyway:thumbsup2

I was on "Win, Lose or Draw" around twenty years ago. They came to my city and I auditioned with a thousand other people. I'm a drama queen, so I got picked because I was loud, enthusiastic and maybe kind of cute:rotfl2:

They did a week's worth of episodes in one day. They chose around 30 finalists, and you didn't find out that you were going to be one of the ten that got onto the show until right before they were about to tape each episode. I did great in the auditions, then got stuck during the show (Of course, I knew that an anvil was from watching the road runner as a kid, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of ways to draw it:confused3 ) The celebrity contestants were an up and coming Brad Garrett (fresh off Star Search), Carol Alt (way before Celebrity Apprentice) and one of the first MTV VJ's (a blond woman, can't remember her name). Oh, the fourth one was Mr. T!

Thats really cool!

I think the MTV vj would have been Nina Blackwood. The original five VJ's--only two were female (Martha Quinn and Nina Blackwood) Nina was blonde-- Martha had brown hair.

Well... just got back from auditions... and I was the FIRST group to be picked to go up on stage!!

I don't know how well I did in the interview, but it was fun!

I won a Wheel of Fortune duffel bag, hat, t-shirt, fanny pack, and a Pat Sajack talking key chain

From all the people that get picked to go up on stage, they call back certain people for round 2 of auditions. I'll just have to see how it goes!

They did a week's worth of episodes in one day. They chose around 30 finalists, and you didn't find out that you were going to be one of the ten that got onto the show until right before they were about to tape each episode. I did great in the auditions, then got stuck during the show (Of course, I knew that an anvil was from watching the road runner as a kid, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of ways to draw it:confused3 ) The celebrity contestants were an up and coming Brad Garrett (fresh off Star Search), Carol Alt (way before Celebrity Apprentice) and one of the first MTV VJ's (a blond woman, can't remember her name). Oh, the fourth one was Mr. T!

I ended up losing, but on this show, you got to keep any money that you won during the show (about $800 for me, plus some consolation prizes - videos, etc.)

It was a blast, especially because I wanted to be an actress anyway:thumbsup2

Do you ever watch the game show network to hopefully catch yourself on TV?? :laughing:

Do you ever watch the game show network to hopefully catch yourself on TV?? :laughing:

I haven't watched it recently. I'll have to start! I'd love to show DD one of my first tv experiences.

I haven't seen myself, but a coworker told me his daughter saw my Weakest Link episode on the Gameshow Network a few weeks back. Ack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter