I'm trying again!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I am going to get on the wagon again. This time I am starting with workouts and trying to regulate my own eating instead of paying WW right off the bat.
I joined a gym last Thursday. I went Friday and Saturday. I am in a special program where I have to go three times a week--at the end of 16 weeks I will have to write a testimonial. It's a gorgeous gym. All of the recumbent bikes and treadmills are either in front of a TV or have a TV in them, and the treadmills have fans.
Friday I did 5 minutes on a glider thing, but it hurt my knees (much like a regular bike does). Then I did 20 minutes on a recumbent bike and 10 minutes on a treadmill. Then I did a few machines I could figure out. (I meet with a trainer Wednesday to explain how all of the machines work, so I figure I'll do cario till then).
Yesterday I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, then 30 on the bike--I was reading People and the time just flew by.
I am worried about doing the recumbent bike--one of the reasons I want to get in shape is to ride a real bike more with my 7 year old DS this summer, but usually bikes hurt my knees, right around the kneecaps. I don't know if this will help that at all, and I also bet the regular bike would do more for my rear end, but I want to take this slow and work up to it.
Robin M.

Robin - pain in the knees when riding a regular bike could be caused by the seat height. I know I had to play around with the adjustmetn after putting my bike on teh trainer to get the pain out of my knee. The problem with the upright bike at the gym or any statrionary bike is there is not a lot of adjustment. You have to chose a notch which may or may not be right for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter