Im totally pissed

swimrlady

Earning My Ears
I reserved my Caribbean Beach Resort through orbitz . And I called disney world to reserve the magical express and they told me they couldn't help me and I would have to call orbitz. So.... I call orbitz and they told me they can't help me and I should call disney :( now what!!!! Please help me

Call Magical Express directly (866) 599-0951. I recently did this, and it worked out perfectly.

When did you reserve Caribbean Beach with Orbitz? Is it possible that Disney does not have the reservation in it's system yet?

Also, what number did you call. According to the Magical Express page on Disney's website, you can use this number: (407) WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244.

I think you need your DISNEY reservation number for DME. DME needs to see you in the system. I don't know if they can do that based on Name only. Check with Orbitz for the Disney reservation number, then call DME.

Disney can't help you because you made your reservation through a third party - Orbitz - which has control of your reservation. Any thing to do with the reservation will have to be through Orbitz. As other have said, you will need to call Orbitz, get the reservation number and then call DME directly.

Disney can't help you because you made your reservation through a third party - Orbitz - which has control of your reservation. Any thing to do with the reservation will have to be through Orbitz. As other have said, you will need to call Orbitz, get the reservation number and then call DME directly.

Good luck if you have any problems.

I'm glad I stumbled across this. I just called hotels.com (who I booked the first night of our trip with) to get my disney reservation # so I would have the extra one day advantage when I made my ADRs. Of course I saw it said no DME and to contact who I booked with. Glad to have found the direct # to call DME on he and not get sent around in circles when I try to call.

@dan Murphy. ...I just registered so I could reply to your post . .I literally LOLed...thanks for the laugh ! :-)

Oh Dan.
Anyway....this is exactly what I never recommend using a third party to book my stays, anywhere. If there is an issue, that company (agent) owns the reservation, and they have to deal with it. And once they have your money, they are seldom motivated to do much for you. Drives me nuts.
It's always best to make your own reservations.

So, having said all that....get your reservation number from orbitz. Then, try to call DME and get your DME ride booked into the system. The issue could be that DME doesn't have you in the system yet...it can take awhile before that happens.

Directly from Orbitz's CBR page:

Disney Hotel Resort guests receive complimentary Disney's Magical Express Service for roundtrip airport shuttle from Orlando International Airport, luggage delivery and airline check in*. To book Disney's Magical Express Service visit Disney's Magical Express Service Web site at www.disneysmagicalexpress.com/US to register once you have completed your booking. Luggage delivery service will be provided for Disney's Magical Express to Walt Disney World Resort for a resort stay who arrive on flights beginning at 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. You will receive your luggage tags and the Airport Transportation Information Booklet with specific direction and general information.

ALWAYS read the full descriptions of resorts, when booking through TAs! Your questions will be answered, and your blood pressure will be happier.

I'm glad I stumbled across this. I just called hotels.com (who I booked the first night of our trip with) to get my disney reservation # so I would have the extra one day advantage when I made my ADRs. Of course I saw it said no DME and to contact who I booked with. Glad to have found the direct # to call DME on he and not get sent around in circles when I try to call.

FWIW, hotels.com has the same sort of information on their hotel info page. Gives the EXACT way (same as Orbitz by the way) to book DME.

Also, from recent experience, even when you have that Disney number, even if you manage to link it up on the Disney Experience page, it's going to look weird. When we got to POR (booked with free nights from hotels.com) they still had DH and DS as Unknown MyLastName 1 and 2. (we all have different last names) And the CC info I gave during online checkin had disappeared. It didn't take a lot of time to take care of, and we got a great room despite arriving at the resort after 1am, but it wasn't as seamless as I was hoping.

So there might still be funkiness in how it appears and when you get there. No problems, just oddities.

Oh Dan.
Anyway....this is exactly what I never recommend using a third party to book my stays, anywhere. If there is an issue, that company (agent) owns the reservation, and they have to deal with it. And once they have your money, they are seldom motivated to do much for you. Drives me nuts.
It's always best to make your own reservations.

So, having said all that....get your reservation number from orbitz. Then, try to call DME and get your DME ride booked into the system. The issue could be that DME doesn't have you in the system yet...it can take awhile before that happens.

Directly from Orbitz's CBR page:

ALWAYS read the full descriptions of resorts, when booking through TAs! Your questions will be answered, and your blood pressure will be happier.

One of the reasons why I either book a vacation directly or through a brick and mortar TA that I trust. By booking directly, I can ask questions and get answers. If I book through a TA I can go see him/her and ask my questions and they get my answers. There are times that I like to use a TA - like for a cruise - where they can handle any problems that come up.
Personally, I really don't consider Orbitz a real TA - it is more like a massive booking site where you don't get individual attention to details that you get with a TA - at least like the local TA that I deal with.

One of the reasons why I either book a vacation directly or through a brick and mortar TA that I trust. By booking directly, I can ask questions and get answers. If I book through a TA I can go see him/her and ask my questions and they get my answers. There are times that I like to use a TA - like for a cruise - where they can handle any problems that come up.
Personally, I really don't consider Orbitz a real TA - it is more like a massive booking site where you don't get individual attention to details that you get with a TA - at least like the local TA that I deal with.

And yet the question the two posters had are fully answered right there on their booking pages. No need to contact anyone. :confused3

While complicated questions are better answered by a good TA or the place in question, and I'm not saying that you're wrong at all, in this particular case, that's just not the situation.

I've been saying this since doing CS for an online company in the late 90s...scrolling down the page and reading it all and clicking on links is today's version of the "fine print". Fine print has ALWAYS meant "READ ME NOW" because if you see that small print you know it contains important information, and scrolling/clicking/reading is the same.

I hope that some day I'm not the only one giving the actual info to people with DME questions after booking through hotels.com and the others. It's such a bummer to have such inaccurate info given to posters in the meantime. I really hope the posters with those questions see the real answer here. Because the real answer is SO easy (and so easy to google really quickly to get, even when you're not familiar with the sites), when your blood pressure isn't soaring because of misinformation from CS reps who are unfamiliar with the actual process.

Go to www.disneymagicalexpress.com and input all your information. I've been able to use confirmation numbers other than Disney's actual number for trips with no problems.

The site asks for your hotel reservation number, but I've used res numbers for other wholesalers (Southwest Vacations, Delta Vacations, Funjet, etc.) without having the actual Disney hotel reservation number. ME will send you an email (might take a few days) confirming your ME. If you don't get it call ME directly or try again.

ME documents have come promptly and on time when I've used this site.

How about calling your resort directly and getting your Disney reservation number from them??? It's worth a shot.

you can access magical express page via the 'short' number that is on your orbitz confirmation (it's a group reservation). there are a few threads here discussing the procedure to sign up on resort boards.

or

you can email orbitz and ask for the 12 digit number & proceed, they were happy to provide mine upon request:thumbsup2. If you nervous, it's a good way to confirm your reservation is in WDW's system by linking it to your my experience page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter