I'm torn

figmentfan423

DIS Veteran
between lunch at the Plaza and the Kona cafe. We think we'll be spending the entire day in the MK but that may depend on how much we have gotten done in the other parks by that point of out trip. Which would you chose and why? We're paying out of pocket. THNX

If paying out of pocket I would pick the Plaza. My husband and I ate there last week and the prices were decent, especially for the amount of food you get.

Have you visited the Poly before? Does either menu appeal to you more? I personally tend to like visits to resorts for meals, so I can get a break and enjoy exploring.

The Plaza is an ice cream parlor that serves basically sandwiches and burgers, which can be found anywhere. The atmosphere is nice. Kona Cafe has a bit more exotic and unique menu. I highly prefer Kona, it is one of my favorite lunch spots on the planet, but if you're concerned about budgeting money and time, the Plaza is a fine choice.

We went to Kona for supper while we were there, we were on the dining plan so the cost didn't matter. We paid for the Plaza out of pocket as it was the cheapest meal we had while we were there. It depends on your budget, if you are trying to be budget wise then the Plaza is your best bet, if budget is not an issue then Kona is a nice sit down meal.

Kona. We had a pretty good lunch there and an only ok lunch at The Plaza.

Kona lunch is really cheap. Not much more than the Plaza. We are deciding whether we want to go to a monorail resort for lunch also for our MK day... We've never done it before but we aren't impressed with any MK options that we've had. We have lunch at Kona every arrival day, and it's wonderful! So we are deciding between Kona and taking the boat over to Whispering Canyon cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited:

Kona would be my choice hands down - or up. The negative is it takes time to get from the MK to the Poly and back. But I like it because it feels like a rest from the craziness of the park.

Depends on how much of a break you want from your park touring. Going to Kona will be a time suck, adding up to an hour to your lunch break. But if you need a long break anyway, I think it's worth the trip. Take the resort launch to the Poly. It will probably be faster (and more dependable) than the monorail.

Kona gets my vote. Especially if you are planning on spending a full day at MK. A visit at Poly would be a nice little rest in the middle of the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter