I'm too excited to sleep

prestonsmomma

DIS Veteran
You know like the commercial. The only problem is that we don't leave for like 3 months. How in the world am I going to make it until December 10th??? :confused3

Hi Michelle!

December 10th is my 1st wedding anniversary! My hubby and I are leaving on a cruise that day so I'm willing that day to come just as much as you are. However, I've learned to appreciate the anticipation. It's makes the trip seem longer. :thumbsup2

You'll make it. We're here to help you get through your wait! :grouphug:

I know what you mean. It feels like December will never get here, but we are at 101 days today back from 300+ when we started counting.
Almost to double-digits...

Your too funny, I figured you were leaving today or tomorrow per your title, hence I was prepared to post the usual I"m jealous post. My trip will be later in the year too, I confess that I can still sleep, but sleeping the night before will be tougher.

Lucky you guys! My trip isn't until next May and I'm already too excited to sleep! :rotfl2:

You will go through several phases as the time nears. At 3 months you are on the "I can see it now" high. This phase is characterized by reading and re-reading guide books, discovering and bookmarking 50 or more Disney websites, and irritating friends and family by finding a way to steer every conversation to your upcoming trip.
At around 2 months or so you will enter the "Why is time going so slow?" phase where you sit and read these DIS boards and secretly curse those lucky souls who are leaving in a few days. You will go look at your signature on previous posts just to see your ticker countdown.
Then at the wonderfull 30 day mark or so you will enter the "Oh God! It's really going to happen, and I have so much to do still." phase. This is where you really don't get that much sleep. Just notice the time stamp on the messages of the folks that leaving within a month. They will be posted at either 2:30 in the morning, or during the middle of the workday. It is best not to start any important projects during this phase as the slightest thought of anything Disneyish, results in becoming sidetracked for hours.

Well, that is as far as I am so far... I wonder what the future holds...

Jackmonkey said:
You will go through several phases as the time nears. At 3 months you are on the "I can see it now" high. This phase is characterized by reading and re-reading guide books, discovering and bookmarking 50 or more Disney websites, and irritating friends and family by finding a way to steer every conversation to your upcoming trip.
At around 2 months or so you will enter the "Why is time going so slow?" phase where you sit and read these DIS boards and secretly curse those lucky souls who are leaving in a few days. You will go look at your signature on previous posts just to see your ticker countdown.
Then at the wonderfull 30 day mark or so you will enter the "Oh God! It's really going to happen, and I have so much to do still." phase. This is where you really don't get that much sleep. Just notice the time stamp on the messages of the folks that leaving within a month. They will be posted at either 2:30 in the morning, or during the middle of the workday. It is best not to start any important projects during this phase as the slightest thought of anything Disneyish, results in becoming sidetracked for hours.

Don't foget about excessively and obsessively staring at the park maps!!

prestonsmomma said:
You know like the commercial. The only problem is that we don't leave for like 3 months. How in the world am I going to make it until December 10th??? :confused3

Consider yourself lucky, I still have 163 days to go.

Jackmonkey said:

Are you hiding in my house :rotfl2:

Hey there----I understand, completely!

I start counting the days at the time the ressie is made (we are DVC-so that's at LEAST 11 mths out---you do the math!) while the DH is like, yeah, yeah, it's great---he is a "DizneyNut" too and loves WDW equally as much as I, but contains himself, much to my aggravation, to no more than two weeks out, by then, I am so totally nuts and he is catching up quick!!

Hang in there---think of it like this, it's late August, September is ALREADY HERE, then there will be October, which truly is a wonderful month with fall and pumpkins and children dressed in their goulish best, and THEN there is NOVEMBER---Thanksgiving, cooking, shopping, getting ready for Christmas, your trip, etc! You'll be fine, it will be here in NO TIME!

We leave on Dec 3rd----I feel your pain!!!!!

just visit the DIS a lot, that is what has helped me through. and yes I am at the Oh boy I have so much to do still phase of things :sunny:

I feel your pain. We are leaving that day or on Dec 9th (not sure yet), and I am so excited to go. We also just joined the DVC, so it will be our first time going to our "home" resort.

Man I'm getting so close and if my TA is right I will be getting by plane tickets and all that next week which will make me even more ready!!!! 18 days!!!!!!

Keep checking in here on the DIS to get your fix.

I know how you feel I am counting down the days until October...

I know..........isn't it a good feeling though in a way??? I love to sit and think about my next trip and dream about it. It always seems like it is so far away, but it will come quickly. Just think of me....I have to wait til April! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter