I'm thankful for...MICKEY!!! My Thanksgiving '08 TR!: TR Update, Last Day!

YAY for the Wii!! I would love to get one and I am not a girl who likes video games. I also wish you and your DH the best of luck for the second interview to come through. I also am sending some pixiedust: that your house will sell. I know it is a little early but oh well it can't hurt!!!

I hope to hear good news for you guys soon! Your post reminds me of all those HGTV shows I love to watch so much about people buying and selling homes. I like the ones where they help people re-stage their homes because they're having no luck selling them, but my favorite HGTV show is House Hunters. I love to see how people decide which one is right, and then I like when they show them all settled in with the house fixed up. Maybe you could be on House Hunters when you choose a place to live in your new city! :)

I'm right there with you in that hooray for the three day weekend! :cool1: :cool1:

I also LOVE House Hunters!

I wish we could have the Sell this House people come and fix up whatever they see that needs fixing up in our house! I don't think there's too much that needs to be done, but I'm sure they would have some cool ideas!

That's great news about the job offer(s)! :banana: Can't wait to hear.

It's funny... because my first thought was, oh no, she can't move because then we won't see her anymore. :rotfl: Then I thought about how silly that is. ;)

We bought a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. I just have to convince DH to keep it in the box until then. I think Alex will really like it and it will help his hand eye coordination. He loves to play air hockey and ski ball so we got a game that has those types of things on it. Plus bowling - he loves that too. We're just hoping that Zachary doesn't play it and get too frustrated - he tends get really mad when he loses... like throw himself on the floor kind of mad. :mad: It's actually pretty funny once in a while...

You can bet I'll still be around on the DIS after we move!

I think Alex will love the Wii. It absolutely helps with hand eye coordination. And I believe some of it translates to real life sports. Make sure Zachary fastens that wrist strap very tightly when he's playing the Wii! There have been several times that I may have thrown the controller if it hadn't been attached!

Yay on the job offers! :yay: That's so exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly with selling your house.

I love the wii! My favorite is bowling - and I can count the number of times I've actually been bowling on 2 hands! But I'm pretty good in the game! Have you taken the fitness test to find your mii's age? Mine always turns out kinda high because I'm not the best at baseball. :sad2:

If you go to Sedona you must tell me all about it! I've been looking at doing the same itinerary as Adventures By Disney's Southwest Splendor tour on our own (when DD is a little older), and it's first stop is Sedona.

I started the fitness test, but baseball was the first one and I stink at baseball! So I got frustrated and didn't finish!

Sedona is great! It's stunningly beautiful. If you do go, please let me know and I will tell you our favorite hike in Sedona. It's a very easy hike and it meanders along a creek/river under many beautiful trees. Such a peaceful place. :cloud9:

What else is on the tour?

Fingers crossed for the second job offer! And the first--it's always nice to have options. :thumbsup2

I bought a Wii not too long ago. It is fun! I'm now in the market for a Wii Fit, so I need to start calling around to places to see if it's in stock. It'd be excellent if I could luck out this weekend! :goodvibes

Well, it's a good thing we don't live in the same town, because we might have to arm wrestle for the Wii Fit! I've also been calling every store I can think of to try to find one. No such luck. I can't wait to get one!

Best of luck with everything! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that DH gets an awesome offer from the second company. I know how much this means to you guys and I hope it all works out! :goodvibes

Have a great 3-day weekend!! Do you have anything special planned?

Thank you!

I'm taking my little sister (from big brothers big sisters) to a waterpark today. Then DH and I are bowling tonight with some friends. We haven't been bowling in forever, so we'll see how that goes...

We're going to have some friends over to play Wii and barbeque tomorrow. And somewhere, I need to fit in paperwork and yardwork. Yuck!

Everything still crossed here for you!!!! Those pictures are lovely - I'm glad you had a good time :goodvibes Sorry about the loopy bird :confused3 Beach pictures make me happy - we love the beach! :cool1:

I must tell you that you and your cool binder inspired me to do something on a much smaller scale. i made 4x6 size photo album books for each of my boys - but instead of pictures, I made a daily schedule for each day (with what attractions to visit in what order, nearby places to get lunch, info on parades, etc.) and glued each onto an index card. The index cards fit nicely into the picture sleeves! I also included extra index cards at the back of the albums for autographs. All thanks to you! :flower3:

Your schedule books sound so cute! What a great idea! Your kids will love them!

YAY for the Wii!! I would love to get one and I am not a girl who likes video games. I also wish you and your DH the best of luck for the second interview to come through. I also am sending some pixiedust: that your house will sell. I know it is a little early but oh well it can't hurt!!!

You should get a Wii! I don't usually like video games either, but I love the Wii!

Thanks for the pixie dust!

I started the fitness test, but baseball was the first one and I stink at baseball! So I got frustrated and didn't finish!

Sedona is great! It's stunningly beautiful. If you do go, please let me know and I will tell you our favorite hike in Sedona. It's a very easy hike and it meanders along a creek/river under many beautiful trees. Such a peaceful place. :cloud9:

What else is on the tour?

The Southwest Splendors tour begins in Phoenix then goes through Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Moab. It ends in Grand Junction, CO. I've already been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times, but I never will tire of it. I love the scenery out west and just told DH last night that I'm itching to go back. We've spent more money this year on WDW as we did on our trip to Utah when I was pregnant with DD, so it's just a matter of deciding if it would be worth going on that type of trip with a toddler.

The Southwest Splendors tour begins in Phoenix then goes through Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Moab. It ends in Grand Junction, CO. I've already been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times, but I never will tire of it. I love the scenery out west and just told DH last night that I'm itching to go back. We've spent more money this year on WDW as we did on our trip to Utah when I was pregnant with DD, so it's just a matter of deciding if it would be worth going on that type of trip with a toddler.

Monument Valley and Moab sound beautiful. I've never been, but I hope to go sometime!

Yeah, having a toddler along for that type of trip might prove to be somewhat difficult. but it does sound like an amazing plan! Let me know if you do it and I'll tell you some Sedona info!

Wow on the job offer, how exciting! I would absolutley LOVE to do a Southwest Splendor tour one day. I've been to the Grand Canyon on a cross-country drive but it was with an ex and wanted to see how fast we would cross :sad2:

Wow on the job offer, how exciting! I would absolutley LOVE to do a Southwest Splendor tour one day. I've been to the Grand Canyon on a cross-country drive but it was with an ex and wanted to see how fast we would cross :sad2:

Yes, the job offer is pretty exciting. I think DH will accept this week! Yay!!!

We have a cross country drive coming up soon (when we move back to Chicago)! I am excited that we will have the dogs with us this time because that will force us to take our time and enjoy the scenery. When we drove out here, we were in a hurry to get here to see and move into our new house, so we didn't take the time to look around. It will be different this time though!

I have Disney Fever today. And it's bad.

I've been on the DIS way more than I should ever be on it, reading as many TRs as I can.

My brother and his wife (who are going on the trip with me, DH, my mom, and dad in November) were at my parents' house this weekend, so I called the house to chat with anyone who would talk Disney with me! We talked about the weather and what kind of clothes we will need to bring, among other things. I really hope it's not too cold when we're there!

DH and I found a Wii Fit this weekend and I am in love with it! :love: It is a very easy way to get in a whole bunch of exercise without leaving the house! I wish I could invite you all over to play with me!

Okay, to feed my Disney fever, please answer this question: If you had to choose one attraction in all of WDW in which to live, which would you choose and why?

YAY on the job situation!! Thanks again for the tips for Bill. He enjoys the ankle rolls. PT is on Wednesday afternoon!!

As for the attraction, hmmm does it have to be an attraction? If not I would definately say Cinderella's Castle because - Hello have you seen the pictures of it? If it had to be an attraction The Living Seas, I really enjoy all the fish etc.

YAY on the job situation!! Thanks again for the tips for Bill. He enjoys the ankle rolls. PT is on Wednesday afternoon!!

As for the attraction, hmmm does it have to be an attraction? If not I would definately say Cinderella's Castle because - Hello have you seen the pictures of it? If it had to be an attraction The Living Seas, I really enjoy all the fish etc.

Oh, I'm very happy that Bill is going to PT! I think you'll both really benefit from it. I'm glad I could help!

The Living Seas is a good one! I didn't even think of that. You're totally right about the castle, but it has to be an attraction. (not really, but I'm just making up rules!)

I have Disney Fever today. And it's bad.

I've been on the DIS way more than I should ever be on it, reading as many TRs as I can.

My brother and his wife (who are going on the trip with me, DH, my mom, and dad in November) were at my parents' house this weekend, so I called the house to chat with anyone who would talk Disney with me! We talked about the weather and what kind of clothes we will need to bring, among other things. I really hope it's not too cold when we're there!

DH and I found a Wii Fit this weekend and I am in love with it! :love: It is a very easy way to get in a whole bunch of exercise without leaving the house! I wish I could invite you all over to play with me!

Okay, to feed my Disney fever, please answer this question: If you had to choose one attraction in all of WDW in which to live, which would you choose and why?

Don't know how I missed your SD update - fun weekend - thanks for sharing! I've had Disney fever today too, so thanks for playing - Hmmm living at WDW - I think I would live at IASW - just kidding! ;) I would live in Cinderella's castle, cuz I could be a princess, and it's the center of MK!:love:

So exciting that your DH is thisclose to accepting the job offer! :banana:

Disney attraction in which to live??? Hmmm, that's a tough one!

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain -- because it's set in Georgia so I would feel at home...:rotfl:

BTW, your fever probably won't break until November. ;)

Some days just bring the desire for Disney stronger than others. Too bad we can't do a Jetsons-type instant transport and go down for the day, then be back in time for work the next day. That would be perfect.

If I could ride a ride over and over, it would be Soarin', but if I had to live somewhere, I guess I'd pick Minnie's house, so I'd have a bedroom, kitchen, etc. In Toontown, I'd have all that I needed - the garden, the market, the garage, the playground, and the shopping. :)

Have you been thinking about where we're all going to meet up on Saturday, the 29th? Do we want to meet at a park and do a ride, or do we want to meet at a resort so no on has to be in a park at a particular time? Maybe we could meet at Poly, get some food, and watch Wishes from the beach? We have to see if snowbell has any ideas, too. Glenda called me Saturday, and she said when she met snowbell she was just the cutest, sweetest girl!
I'm hoping Nicole can drive up, but she said since it's the Black Friday weekend, it might be hard for her to get away from work. I hope it works out that she can, though.

Just think, we're finally in September, which touches October. October is right next door to November, so we're getting there!

Plus, you're probably going to be so involved in your big move that the next couple of months are going to fly by!

Congrats on the job offer! Fantastic. :goodvibes

And Disney fever? It only gets worse, my dear. Much, much worse.

And if I had to pick one ride to live in...

Hmmm...

let me see....

Pirates!!!

Preferabbly in close proximity to Jack Sparrow. :lmao:

I have Disney fever also!!! But luckily I have less time than you.

Hmmm if I could live in any attraction...as others have sad the Castle but if not than the COP. Then I can change the decade to live in and have multiple "rooms".

Don't know how I missed your SD update - fun weekend - thanks for sharing! I've had Disney fever today too, so thanks for playing - Hmmm living at WDW - I think I would live at IASW - just kidding! ;) I would live in Cinderella's castle, cuz I could be a princess, and it's the center of MK!:love:

OMGosh! I would have to be moved directly to a mental hospital if I ever had to stay a night in IASW! :rotfl:

Cinderella's castle would be awesome!

So exciting that your DH is thisclose to accepting the job offer! :banana:

Disney attraction in which to live??? Hmmm, that's a tough one!

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain -- because it's set in Georgia so I would feel at home...:rotfl:

BTW, your fever probably won't break until November. ;)

Splash mountain would be fun! Who wouldn't want to live right by the water?

Isn't it sad that my Disney fever is so bad already and the trip is still 86 days away?!?

Some days just bring the desire for Disney stronger than others. Too bad we can't do a Jetsons-type instant transport and go down for the day, then be back in time for work the next day. That would be perfect.

If I could ride a ride over and over, it would be Soarin', but if I had to live somewhere, I guess I'd pick Minnie's house, so I'd have a bedroom, kitchen, etc. In Toontown, I'd have all that I needed - the garden, the market, the garage, the playground, and the shopping. :)

Have you been thinking about where we're all going to meet up on Saturday, the 29th? Do we want to meet at a park and do a ride, or do we want to meet at a resort so no on has to be in a park at a particular time? Maybe we could meet at Poly, get some food, and watch Wishes from the beach? We have to see if snowbell has any ideas, too. Glenda called me Saturday, and she said when she met snowbell she was just the cutest, sweetest girl!
I'm hoping Nicole can drive up, but she said since it's the Black Friday weekend, it might be hard for her to get away from work. I hope it works out that she can, though.

Just think, we're finally in September, which touches October. October is right next door to November, so we're getting there!

Plus, you're probably going to be so involved in your big move that the next couple of months are going to fly by!

It would be SO nice to just be able to magically transport ourselves to Disney for a few hours. :cloud9:

Oh, Minnie's house would be great! Can you sew me some new clothes on her sewing machine?

As far as Saturday the 29th, my plan is to be at Epcot all day, so I am cool with meeting at either Epcot or an easily reachable resort. Does snowbell have a PTR? I hope Nicole can make it!

You're right...we are getting there. Slowly, but surely!

Congrats on the job offer! Fantastic. :goodvibes

And Disney fever? It only gets worse, my dear. Much, much worse.

And if I had to pick one ride to live in...

Hmmm...

let me see....

Pirates!!!

Preferabbly in close proximity to Jack Sparrow. :lmao:

I knew you'd pick pirates!

Oh, I don't know how much of this fever I can deal with! I might drive DH nuts by the time the trip comes. And then I certainly won't be able to convert him from a hater!

I have Disney fever also!!! But luckily I have less time than you.

Hmmm if I could live in any attraction...as others have sad the Castle but if not than the COP. Then I can change the decade to live in and have multiple "rooms".

You're leaving so soon! I'm jealous!

I've never been in COP! I'm writing that on my to-do list right now. :thumbsup2

Ooh, I'm envious of your Wii Fit! My local Game Stop told me to call again tomorrow, so I'm hoping to luck out. Too bad I wouldn't be able to pick it up till after work--hopefully if one's available they'd hold it for me!

Disney attraction to live in--my first thought was also POTC, but since I wouldn't want to fight TK over Jack Sparrow since I know I'd lose, I'll go with Livin' With the Land--I keep saying I'd like to have a garden one day, so there I go! :rotfl:

Ooh, I'm envious of your Wii Fit! My local Game Stop told me to call again tomorrow, so I'm hoping to luck out. Too bad I wouldn't be able to pick it up till after work--hopefully if one's available they'd hold it for me!

Disney attraction to live in--my first thought was also POTC, but since I wouldn't want to fight TK over Jack Sparrow since I know I'd lose, I'll go with Livin' With the Land--I keep saying I'd like to have a garden one day, so there I go! :rotfl:

After calling what seemed like hundreds of stores, we finally found our Wii Fit at Game Crazy. They're attached to Hollywood Video. You might want to check there, if you have one near you. You're gonna love it!!! I can't wait till you get one so we can discuss!

Living with the Land is great! You'd have plenty of food to eat! And you might be able to participate in some experiments. Good choice!

That Wii Fit sounds FUN! :banana: I don't really have an opinion about where I'd live at WDW (because we haven't been yet lol), but I'm thinking that the France pavilion would be good - we love all things French! :goodvibes

It would be SO nice to just be able to magically transport ourselves to Disney for a few hours. :cloud9:

Oh, Minnie's house would be great! Can you sew me some new clothes on her sewing machine?

As far as Saturday the 29th, my plan is to be at Epcot all day, so I am cool with meeting at either Epcot or an easily reachable resort. Does snowbell have a PTR? I hope Nicole can make it!

You're right...we are getting there. Slowly, but surely!

Maybe one of my students will come back someday and tell me he/she has become a scientist, and they can invent such a transport machine.

Sewing? You'd be sorry if I sewed anything. I sewed a dress once in Home Ec. in 8th grade. Miraculously, it stayed together long enough for me to be in the fashion show. I can sew on a button, but that's about it.

Maybe we could do Beaches and Cream take-out, then, and go find a place on the beach or sit out on the terrace. I don't think snowbell has anything going yet as far a a trip report. I'll PM her and see, and I'll PM Nicole, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter