"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lia! I've been away from the DIS for a while so I'm just now joining in on your magical journey! I can't wait to get caught up...only 35 pages to go! :rotfl:

Hi! :welcome: Thanks for joining in, hope you love it!

I LOVE that Minnie Monorail! Seriously Disney, where do you come up with these things??? :yay::yay::yay:

Aww, I loved your whole Hanson description, it must be SO much fun to see your favorite band in Disney! Sadly, I know that my 2 favorite bands in life will never play in Disney because, well, one is Pink Floyd, who just doesn't exist anymore, and the other is this local CT band called The Breakfast, who, well, they don't exist anymore either, but even if they did, they would never get asked to play in Disney! (However, they used to play at Toad's Place in CT all the time, I thought it was funny you mentioned that place! I live about 15 minutes from there!)

Every TR I'm reading right now has Raglan Road updates! And they are all making me want to go there! Everything looks SO good! :thumbsup2 Sam Adams Octoberfest is my favorite beer in the world, and I'm not a big beer drinker! It's funny how the Food and Wine fest turns you into one!

Glad you guys had such a great time at Raglan Road, and the whole night! :dance3:

GAH I know that was so cute!

Ah... how I wish I was alive in the 70's. Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands as well. That's funny that you live near Toad's Place. Who knows, I might run into you there someday!

Well I hope you do go there, it is so much fun and the food is so good!

I love your trip reports !!! I have finished the first two and am now finally catching up. After seeing your footage of the Sci Fi Drive in, I have made it a must do on my next trip. I love that they show the intermission concession stand stuff with the dancing sodas and the flipping hot dogs etc... Up until a couple of years ago, Me and my friends used to go to the drive in religiously every weekend. Brings back memories...

Love Once Upon a Time. Everyone should watch this show !

Wow thanks so much for reading my TRs! I'm glad you liked them and it makes me SO happy that I had a hand in you booking a reservation at Sci Fi! You will have the BEST time there, just make sure you get a milkshake!!

OCTOBER 24, 2012
Day 4, Part 1 In Which The Show Must Go On

@babybritney: It is 6 am. Andy's room does not open til 9 am. What do I do.

Usually by Day 4, I start to get a little tired and sleeping in a bit definitely isn't the last thing on my mind.

This trip was very different! I didn't get tired until like... Day 8 or something. It was pretty glorious.

What WASN'T glorious was that Lee-Anne said she was feeling sickish and that she could tell she was probably about to get full on sick. :[

Nightmare situation for anyone in Disney World. I felt so bad for her!

Luckily, I had brought the magic Echinacea tea. If you don't know about this tea, it's unbelievable. Unless you really have a bad virus or something worse coming on, this tea can seriously save you from getting sick if you're starting to feel under the weather. I really can't stress enough how great it is!

Off I went to Everything Pop so that I could fill up her mug with hot water so she could have the tea.

8526487451_ea3620bdc0_z.jpg

I laughed at that sign because it's funny to me that the "Walk Guy" who is usually so confidently the symbol for being able to walk, is falling on his butt.

I am easily amused.

Once back in the room, we both agreed that it was better she should just stay in. It was really sad but it just made sense. I mean, sometimes you can feel a bit sick and then you just get some rest and feel better later that same day. This is what we were banking on.

If she went out right then, she probably just would have gotten worse, further ruining her time in Disney. So she told me to go on ahead without her. It was tragic!!!!

I felt SO bad for her, but Woody & Buzz were waiting for me and there was no sense in me hanging around when she just wanted to sleep off whatever bug was possibly lingering. I also let her know that I could take her ticket and get fastpasses for later, so that when she was feeling up to it, Woody & Buzz would be waiting for her too! So at least that worked out.

Once I arrived in Hollywood, I saw Donald and Daisy were out greeting, and they looked so cute!

A5-PHBZCQAIX5qW.jpg:large

Unfortunately, they cut off the line right when I got there. Boo.

Good Morning, Hollywood!

8527595822_e0176d24ea_z.jpg

@babybritney: WE ARE NOT MESSING AROUND WITH TSM THIS MORNING THIS IS SERIOUS

YOU HAVE NO IDEA. It was Day 4 and I had not yet been on Toy Story Mania. I was shaking and I needed my fix.

I basically RAN there only to discover that they had of course opened early and so a ton of people were ahead of me. UGH WHATEVER.

The great thing was, Hollywood was so empty that there wasn't even a line to get Fastpasses, and when I walked up and got them, the Fastpass return time was only 10:05 AM! So I decided I would use them both myself because I knew Lee-Anne was not going to get there by then, and I would just grab more Fastpasses for later on in the day!

The wait for the actual ride was only like 15 minutes and I was just so happy to be back in that room again with my beloved toys.

A5-UG2YCcAAa5Re.jpg:large

@babybritney: I THINK I HEAR ANDY COMING. EVERYBODY FREEZE.

They also did that thing where if you're a single rider you get to skip the end of the line and go into the Fastpass line. AWWWWWW YEAH I'M COMIN' THROUGH.

I didn't take note of my score. WHO KNOWS AND WHO CARES! I used to be very competitive with my scores, but now I play/ride only for sport. Girls just wanna have fun, y'all.

I do recall, however, that I did not crack 200,000. It's an embarrassing fact but like I said, who cares.

I rode once more and then headed out for a stroll around H'wood.

8527595706_13bff76d22_z.jpg

8527595614_7856525d44_z.jpg

I gotta say, I love my solo mornings in Hollywood. Of course, I would rather Lee-Anne not be sick. Duh. But being an only child, I'm used to entertaining myself and I enjoy my own personal GOGOGOGO crazy crack-addicted TSM attitude followed by relaxing, walking around and taking pictures. It's my tried and true routine!

8526482093_6afd1325fe_z.jpg

I made my way down Sunset Boulevard cause I had some SERIOUS thrill riding to do!!!

But first, I saw the most awesome flower ever!

8526487325_2355b58f47_z.jpg

Nature rules, you guys.

8527600626_4aca16b9c4_z.jpg

OKAY ENOUGH OF THAT. IT WAS GO TIME.

You don't get it. I NEEDED MY THRILLS!!!!!!!!!!

Lee-Anne doesn't do thrill rides and I respect that but I can not in any way shape or form understand why anyone would deprive themselves of Steven Tyler screaming in their ear as they zoom onward and upside down.

I am very NOT used to not doing thrill rides. I don't think I have ever gone 3 whole days in Disney without riding Rock N Rollercoaster before. I have spoken of my true love for this rockin ride many times, so I won't get into it, but I was just DYING to get on this puppy.

8527600484_603c99d90f_z.jpg

I was VERY happy to find the Single Rider Line completely empty!

Best door ever? I THINK SO.

8526486927_8310a47cc1_z.jpg

BORN TO ROCK, BABY!!!!!!!!

I would have gone on twice, but I was really dying to get back on my all time favorite attraction. Of course, we are talking about the Hollywood Tower Hotel here people. If you did not know that you need to go back to my McLovin TR and start at the beginning.

8526486833_097aa4c2df_z.jpg

8527600140_94b24e0db8_z.jpg

The queue was totally empty, so I just took my time, moseying on through and enjoying the dreamy 40's music (aka my favorite Disney area music ever).

8527600016_137a40c698_z.jpg

8526486455_fa0344ec14_z.jpg

8527599816_b551b16364_z.jpg

I don't know how I always get so lucky with the crowds being non-existent!

Once inside, I became fascinated with the vases.

8527599688_4a6389ef8e_z.jpg

8526486123_da9f9f9b3d_z.jpg

Further proof that I always notice and appreciate something new when it comes to this attraction!

8527599488_00bc9c746a_z.jpg

I tried to take as many pictures as possible in the library before the lights went out. I always want to explore in there but the lights go out too fast. If there was a backstage tour where you got to wander around the HTH, I would be on that so fast you have no idea.

Cherubs playing the tambourine up in here.

8526485761_41ae2f0e6f_z.jpg

Everything is so ornate... like those vases and these chairs with scenes knitted into them.

8526485633_362c7b5cea_z.jpg

I noticed a lot of Asian and Indian influence, like this scary dragon!

8526485527_53a4abafac_z.jpg

This thing belongs in an Egyptian tomb.

8527598820_407e069bfc_z.jpg

AND THEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. DUH NANANANANANANANA.

This ride was actually one of the BEST ride sequences I've EVER had. I really can't explain the feeling. Well, I can. Weightlessness + feeling like your butt is going to get so tingly that it vanishes. There you go.

@babybritney: If drugs could give you the feeling you get when the elevator drops I would be a junkie for sure.

Oh, it's true.

Up Next: Double Fastpasses, BABY!!!!!!!

p.s. Hi everyone!!! WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!!! In exactly two months, I WILL BE AT DISNEY WORLD! It still doesn't feel real at all, I'm not even as excited as I should be because it just does not compute that I get to go back to Disney so soon and again be there with some of my closest friends. A lot has changed about our trip and I really have to do a PTR update. So that will be coming soon! TWO MONTHS TWO MONTHS!!! 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all the pictures of Tower of Terror!!

I hope Lee-Ann felt better soon - nothing worse than being sick in Disney :guilty:

Loving the trip report !

The magic tea! echinacea is my hero and so are you!! Seriously, when you recommended that before my last trip, it was a lifesaver!!!!:cool1: bummer that Lee-Anne wasn't feeling well that morning! I hope she perked up.

So exciting that you will back there in 2 months! :dance3::dance3:

Oh no, I hope Lee-Ann was feeling better soon!!!

I've actually never been solo in a Disney park, come to think of it! It sounds like fun, being able to wander wherever you choose without worrying that the other person is bored!

I'm a long time lurker. I lived in NYC for 5 years and worked on films/TV in NY and NC so of course, I love your TRs and PTRs. I came out of my lurkdom due to your mention of echinacea tea. That and throat coat are life savers when it comes to avoiding sickness. Can't wait to read more of your TR!

First of all 60 DAYS!!!!! WHAT???? That is soooo sooon and I am super jealous and happy for you!!! It's going to fly!! This year is going ridiculously fast already!

That sucks that Lee-Anne was feeling that pre sick feeling!
Oh my lordy Echinacea... I can't even go there. My mother had the pure drops which she used to force upon us if we even hinted a sneeze when we were young. I mean I think it worked because we hardly ever had colds and flus growing up but that stuff on its own in drop form is disgusting and has pretty much scarred me forever!

I'm so happy you got to hit up RnR and your one true love forever!
Haha I would totally shoot up Tot drop sequences if that was a possibility...

Such great photos! After I found at that all the stuff in Tot was from all the different episodes it made me want to watch them all so bad!
That dragon is scary!!

Ps we are now coming to NY in early jan instead on our way to DISNEY!
EEEEEEEKK!!!!Hurry up time and go a little faster!

How awful that Lee-Ann was starting to feel bad! Being sick in Disney is the worst.

It's good that you decided to go to a park still, and got the opportunity to ride the thrill rides that she hates. Love me some RNRC!! And the ToT queue is beyond amazing. Probably my favorite queue in all of WDW!

I have been sick at Disney before. Well I don’t really remember it that much since it was my first trip and I was only two. All I remember is me throwing up all over our room. I remember NOTHING else from that trip. Pleasant memory, I know.

Ugh that really stinks that Lee-Anne wasn’t feeling well. ):

I neeeeeeed my TSM fix. I know that have the Wii game for TSM, but it just wouldn’t be the same.

Steven Tyler screaming in your ear is like THE BEST THING EVER.

Can I just have that door at RRC?! It is WAY too awesome.

YOUR PICTURES OF ALL OF THE DETAILS IN THE LIBRARY. You don’t understand how much I am dying right now.

Hi Lia! I just discovered your TR and I'm really loving it! I'm having a tough time at my job so during the day I look forward to coming home and reading your trippie! Makes the countdown to my honeymoon in september more bearable. Hooray for you! :cool1:

That is a mega bummer for LeeAnn! :( We had something similar happen during our trip, which I'll get to, but it's never fun seeing friends get really sick in Disney.

Okay, so I have a question! How did you manage to use LeeAnn's card for Fast Passes if she wasn't in the park with you? I was always told that you can't get someone else a Fast Pass unless they have scanned their card and are actually inside of the park. If this isn't the case, that would be super useful information for the future since I had no idea you could do that!

YAY for TSMM! And I have to stay I'm jealous of your lack of crowds when you were in HS. This last trip, I swear, there was NEVER a day where HS wasn't insanely busy. The Tour Groups would just spend all of their time there or something, it was annoying.

ToT kiiiind of terrifies me. I love it but I can only go on it like.. twice max before I'm pretty much just done. BUT I'm glad you got to go on it with no line at all, yay!

60 DAYS IS SO EXCITING!!!! Like holy canoli, you must be beyond excited. :yay:

I love all the pictures of Tower of Terror!!

I hope Lee-Ann felt better soon - nothing worse than being sick in Disney :guilty:

Loving the trip report !

Thank you!

Don't worry, she joined me later that day!

Thanks so much!

Really loving your report!
What is the name of the magic tea??
'

Thank you! It's Echinacea.

The magic tea! echinacea is my hero and so are you!! Seriously, when you recommended that before my last trip, it was a lifesaver!!!!:cool1: bummer that Lee-Anne wasn't feeling well that morning! I hope she perked up.

So exciting that you will back there in 2 months! :dance3::dance3:

I am SO happy it helped you! Honestly anytime anyone ever says they are feeling under the weather I just urge them to drink it and it always helps.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh no, I hope Lee-Ann was feeling better soon!!!

I've actually never been solo in a Disney park, come to think of it! It sounds like fun, being able to wander wherever you choose without worrying that the other person is bored!

She felt better a few hours later, thank goodness!

It is so much fun. Very peaceful and you don't have to stick to anyone else's routine. I've been doing it since I was 16! I love it now more than ever though.

I'm a long time lurker. I lived in NYC for 5 years and worked on films/TV in NY and NC so of course, I love your TRs and PTRs. I came out of my lurkdom due to your mention of echinacea tea. That and throat coat are life savers when it comes to avoiding sickness. Can't wait to read more of your TR!

Well thanks for joining in at last! :) I'm glad you enjoy my TRs. I know what you mean about the throat coat, in fact I brought some of that to Disney as well. You can never be too careful!

First of all 60 DAYS!!!!! WHAT???? That is soooo sooon and I am super jealous and happy for you!!! It's going to fly!! This year is going ridiculously fast already!

That sucks that Lee-Anne was feeling that pre sick feeling!
Oh my lordy Echinacea... I can't even go there. My mother had the pure drops which she used to force upon us if we even hinted a sneeze when we were young. I mean I think it worked because we hardly ever had colds and flus growing up but that stuff on its own in drop form is disgusting and has pretty much scarred me forever!

I'm so happy you got to hit up RnR and your one true love forever!
Haha I would totally shoot up Tot drop sequences if that was a possibility...

Such great photos! After I found at that all the stuff in Tot was from all the different episodes it made me want to watch them all so bad!
That dragon is scary!!

Ps we are now coming to NY in early jan instead on our way to DISNEY!
EEEEEEEKK!!!!Hurry up time and go a little faster!

It's not going so fast for me :( Sigh. I swear, when I book a Disney trip, time stops.

Yeah... it doesn't taste the best but I don't even care because it helps so much. Doing drops of it would be hard though!

LOL I'm glad you know what I mean with the shooting up. hahahaha

Thank you! Actually *I think* most of it in the library is all replicas or just other props. The place they have the most stuff from the actual show is in the room behind where you look at your ride photos.

January will be better b/c the holiday rush will be over! You can hardly move uptown in December in areas like Rockefeller Center and 5th Avenue. It can be a nightmare! Plus in Jan the Broadway prices lower a bit as well. It's wonderful!

How awful that Lee-Ann was starting to feel bad! Being sick in Disney is the worst.

It's good that you decided to go to a park still, and got the opportunity to ride the thrill rides that she hates. Love me some RNRC!! And the ToT queue is beyond amazing. Probably my favorite queue in all of WDW!

I know, I felt so bad :(

It's my favorite queue as well. Well, it's my favorite everything in general.

I have been sick at Disney before. Well I don’t really remember it that much since it was my first trip and I was only two. All I remember is me throwing up all over our room. I remember NOTHING else from that trip. Pleasant memory, I know.

Ugh that really stinks that Lee-Anne wasn’t feeling well. ):

I neeeeeeed my TSM fix. I know that have the Wii game for TSM, but it just wouldn’t be the same.

Steven Tyler screaming in your ear is like THE BEST THING EVER.

Can I just have that door at RRC?! It is WAY too awesome.

YOUR PICTURES OF ALL OF THE DETAILS IN THE LIBRARY. You don’t understand how much I am dying right now.

I was sick for a day when I was like 14 I think. Luckily it went away quickly. I would honestly be devastated if that happened to me, I can't even tell you how much. So I really felt awful for her.

I don't even have Wii but I don't think I would even play it if I did! It just wouldn't be as magical.

It really is. Ahh Steven :lovestruc

Yes I do, b/c I was dying upon seeing them in person! I hope to notice even more next time... in 59 days!!!

Hi Lia! I just discovered your TR and I'm really loving it! I'm having a tough time at my job so during the day I look forward to coming home and reading your trippie! Makes the countdown to my honeymoon in september more bearable. Hooray for you! :cool1:

Thank you SO Much! I can't even tell you how much it warms my heart to hear that. I am sorry you're having a rough time at work and I hope it gets better soon. So jealous that you are having a DISNEYMOON!!!! How exciting!

That is a mega bummer for LeeAnn! :( We had something similar happen during our trip, which I'll get to, but it's never fun seeing friends get really sick in Disney.

Okay, so I have a question! How did you manage to use LeeAnn's card for Fast Passes if she wasn't in the park with you? I was always told that you can't get someone else a Fast Pass unless they have scanned their card and are actually inside of the park. If this isn't the case, that would be super useful information for the future since I had no idea you could do that!

YAY for TSMM! And I have to stay I'm jealous of your lack of crowds when you were in HS. This last trip, I swear, there was NEVER a day where HS wasn't insanely busy. The Tour Groups would just spend all of their time there or something, it was annoying.

ToT kiiiind of terrifies me. I love it but I can only go on it like.. twice max before I'm pretty much just done. BUT I'm glad you got to go on it with no line at all, yay!

60 DAYS IS SO EXCITING!!!! Like holy canoli, you must be beyond excited. :yay:

I know. She had so little time in Disney already that cutting out half a day (and a lot more time got cut out later) was just so unfortunate, but we ended up having a great time the rest of the day.

Well that's totally wrong information, I don't know why people say that. I've always been able to get Fastpasses for people not in the parks. It was no problem! So yeah that's a myth.

That is so annoying. I really hope that is not the case in May. I haven't gone during even a mild crowd time since... I don't even remember. It's always low or non-existent in Oct, Dec, and April and I am really not used to people getting in the way of my TSM marathons! Sigh.

I almost always get on ToT with no line. At the beginning of this trip when it had a line I was confused. It always says 10 or 13 minutes! I guess I'm just lucky.

I had a burst of excitement today where I really felt it but overall, NO!! I just can't believe it so I think that's why I'm not fully excited yet. There is so much happening in between now and then and it just seems like AGES away!

Love it in the elevator of ToT.... When ya look up as the lights go out and the room goes dark. Creepy body hanging above everyone's head!!!

Lia! This is my first posting of any kind! And it is for you! WOO!

BIRTHDAY FESTIVUS AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :yay:

Love it in the elevator of ToT.... When ya look up as the lights go out and the room goes dark. Creepy body hanging above everyone's head!!!

Wait REALLY? Are you sure you're not just thinking of the Haunted Mansion? Cause that exact thing happens there and I've never heard of it at ToT before!

Lia! This is my first posting of any kind! And it is for you! WOO!

BIRTHDAY FESTIVUS AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :yay:

ATTENTION WORLD, GINA HAS NOW JOINED THE DIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE *AGGRESSIVELY* PLANNING OUR #BIRTHDAYFESTIVUS13 AND I WILL BE DOING A PTR UPDATE ON IT SOON! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know... your right... I'm blending my rides. :scared: I can totally visualize the HM... But only bits n pieces. Mainly the DBs and the hitch-hikers.... I see the body in my mind n think ToT. My bad!! Just goes to show I NEED that Disney trip BAD! REFRESH!!

Aww yeah, you do! Don't worry, someday you'll be back and it will make the long wait oh so worth it!

96e7e6a9.gif
#BIRTHDAYFESTIVUS13
96e7e6a9.gif

PTR UPDATE #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello friends! Well, we here at #BirthdayFestivus13 productions have been EXTREMELY busy planning this trip! Things have changed QUITE a lot since our last update, and all for the better! I think the excitement finally kicked in yesterday... it's starting to feel real... trip anxiety is lifting and I just keep crying and freaking out and clapping and screaming and I could not sleep at ALL last night. Also Stacey keeps favoriting my tweets AND I JUST CAN'T HANDLE ALL OF THIS.

Of course, I already let you guys know that we postponed the trip from April 9 to May 13. Many reasons why this was a better fit presented themselves, and I am so happy. Even though it's disappointing to not be in Disney the day after my birthday, it's even better because now I get to celebrate during my actual birthday in April, and for an entire Disney trip the next month!

I have named this trip BIRTHDAY FESTIVUS (#BirthdayFestivus13 is the new #StuckInDisney12!) and I plan to take that VERY seriously. I am literally going to act like it is my birthday the entire time I am on vacation, everywhere I go, I am going to be like a birthday machine. NO ONE CAN STOP ME. Lee-Anne, Jess, and Gina will all be joining me in celebrating since they all have birthdays that fall during the Spring! In fact, Lee-Anne's birthday falls during our trip (May 14!), so she selected a birthday character meal and other things she wants to do for that day! Really though, we are all just going to act like it's our birthday every single day. It's a very special celebration!

Lee-Anne and I will be arriving at our resort around noonish on May 13, and Jess will be meeting up with us soon after that! Gah I am SO excited for us to back in Disney together again! I will not reveal where we are staying, but I am EXTRA excited about this one. After Lee-Anne leaves on May 17, I will be moving to another resort that I will be staying at until May 23! So It's a solid 11 days in Disney for me. I'm a very lucky girl!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PROCESS THIS.

The next part of the trip is one of the things that has just gotten me so excited I absolutely can not stand it. Gina is the biggest Disney fan I know who has hardly any Disney park experiences. She went to WDW for 2 days when she was 5, and Disneyland for about 6 hours when she was 12. It's just heartbreaking that she hasn't really been able to experience the parks!

Originally, she was supposed to come for ONE park day at the very end of my stay. She's a full time student and so she thought it was all she could do at this time. Even with the FL resident discount... it was still a lot. Then, I discovered the beautiful and glorious limited time offer for FL residents: A 3 day ticket for $119 that could be upgraded an extra day for only $10 more!!!!!!!!!

COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. So I decided she would just stay with me and we would have our four days. Ever since this happened, we have both been thrilled out of our minds, talking and planning non-stop. You don't understand, we have been friends for 14 years, always loved Disney and always talked about it endlessly and watched the movies together. We have been through SO much and known each other so long and here we are, FINALLY going to Disney World together. I can't even tell you how much this means to me, especially because I have NEVER seen her so excited about anything in 14 years! Hanson concert excitement comes close... but she is just SO invested in this.

She has been reading my TRs rather obsessively (and she joined the dis!), planning out her outfits down to the jewelry, looking up menus, shopping for the trip, and basically just turning into a Disney Planning diva like all of us are. I honestly could not be happier with her reaction to all of this! I am so used to going with people who yeah, love Disney and are excited, but don't even touch my passion for it. One of the reasons I loved being in Disney with Jess for the short time we were there together was because she loves it just as much as I do, and so I am SO excited to be there with her again. Gina showing the same amount of excitement is just beyond my wildest dreams, and I know the three of us are going to have such a ridiculous blast. She's just gotten so into it and I have no doubt in my mind that she is going to become full on obsessed with Disney World. I just know she is going to be looking for any and every excuse to go back as soon as possible.

The one thing that was a downer about this was that this special FL discount was only for "one park per day" tickets. I have NEVER been to Disney without a park hopper. I almost never do just one park a day. I don't even understand how someone could be limited like that, not being able to go to any park on any day! How stressful. It was really hard for me to plan like this, because I am just SO not used to it and it seemed extremely limiting.

It was starting to annoy Gina too, especially once she read in my TRs about how I run around like crazy in Disney and can sometimes go to 4 parks in one day! So then we discovered that the special FL resident ticket could be upgraded to a Park Hopper for only $30 more!!!!

So now I am EVEN MORE EXCITED that there will be no limits to our madness!!! WE'RE FOUR WHEELIN' NOW BABY!!!!!!!!

I am planning on taking most of the trip a little bit slower this time, relaxing a lot in the beginning. I mean, I literally feel like I was *just* in Disney and I had so much time there, more time than I ever expected after getting #StuckinDisney. As much as I desperately miss it, I really was just there in October and everything feels so fresh. I've never been back to Disney this quick after a trip, and so I don't feel a huge urgency to run everywhere and do everything - I just saw it all! Well, not IT ALL... but a WHOLE LOT of it!

Lee-Anne moved at a much slower pace than I usually do on our last trip - part of it was getting sick toward the end, but in general she doesn't like to get up early or go on thrill rides, she loves to meander in the shops way more than I do, etc. So I'm glad I'm going with her for those first 5 days, because that will remind me to slow down, because when Gina's with me, IT'S GONNA BE UTTER CHAOS!!! I mean, we're not going to be rushing around, but this is years upon years of Disney buildup here. She needs to see a LOT, and she is up for anything - so we're gonna be waking up at the crack of dawn and coming back super late. We're gonna die by the end of it, but whatever, it will BE SO WORTH IT!

In between Lee-Anne leaving and Gina arriving, I just plan on hanging with Jess when she isn't at work, and having my very peaceful and much needed alone time. I can't even tell you how much I am looking forward to this. Just me, myself, and I... AND DISNEY. I have to take at least one day off from the parks because I have 11 days in Disney and tickets only go up to 10 days, so I plan on doing some serious relaxing and resort hopping!

After Gina and I have to leave Disney (which we are already both sad about... and we don't even arrive for 2 more months... :lmao:), we have a lot of activities planned for doing stuff in her area. She lives not far from Sarasota, and I LOVE it there. We have tons of stuff to do including but not limited to: going to a roller rink (a HUGE deal since the rink we used to go to all the time when we were kids was cruelly closed years ago), an exotic animal sanctuary, to the beach, our psychic, random favorite food and shopping spots in Sarasota, and of course we always have to carve out time for our epic movie marathons in the theatre and at home. So I'll be staying with her for probably like a week. Overall, I am getting a much needed vacation that's going to last over 2 weeks and I can't even describe how grateful I am for this. AHHH. There are no words!

So... LET'S REVIEW. Me and 3 of my best friends in Disney celebrating our birthdays with an extended stay in Florida? ARE YOU KIDDING? Can you say TRIP OF A LIFETIME?!?!?

Even if everything else in life goes wrong, knowing that Disney will be there is the best comfort in the world. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK IN MY HAPPY PLACE! 58 DAYS UNTIL THIS EPIC TRIP COMMENCES!!!!!!!!!!!

OCTOBER 24, 2012
Day 4, Part 2 In Which I Fall Into A Landscape of Flavors

After returning safely to our dimension, I went back over to TSM, because it was time to use my DOUBLE FASTPASSES!!! YEAHHHH!!!

8527598708_dff28698a1_z.jpg

The CM gave me the red card thingy to monitor the time. Which is weird, I didn't think they did that for the Fastpass line because the wait time is not displayed, but I guess they like to know just for their own information!

I LOVED being in the Fastpass line, not just for obvious reasons, but because I hardly remembered it! During my previous trip (in early December 2011) the parks were so empty I never even used a Fastpass. I just came in the morning and rode over and over through the standby line!

8527598552_e038ce82ed_z.jpg

8526485039_8c9a745992_z.jpg

You definitely get a whole other perspective on Andy's room from this line.

8526484911_cbbd6ef1b5_z.jpg

8527598194_a9e33f65fd_z.jpg

I was seated with a really sweet older lady who was with her grandkids. She was the type who loves to talk the whole time and asked if I had been on the ride before.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

If you think I showed that sweet old lady mercy, you are sorely mistaken!!!

My competitive side came back and I PULVERIZED HER! AND HER GRANDKIDS! BEST IN VEHICLE, NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved riding with her because she kept talking during the games. You think that would be annoying, but it wasn't because she was surprised by my intense skills and kept commenting on them and complimenting me. She's a fan, basically.

I used the other Fastpass to ride again, what a blast! And then I went back to the Fastpass machine and got us two more for later. This one's return time was later in the afternoon and worked out perfectly because we could go right before dinner!

There was nothing else I really wanted to do in Hollywood at that time, but there was another place I was *DYING* to go, so I started to head out of the park.

Citizens of Hollywood were driving by! She's hard to see, but one of my favorite performers is in that car. She's the short lady with dark hair who always wears that fabulous maroon ensemble and large hat! She plays an Oscar winning actress and can often be seen toting her award around town and flirting with handsome young men. I love her!

8527598076_72144a03e9_z.jpg

8527597960_558dc55d0c_z.jpg

On my way out, I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had been inside Sid Cahuenga's, so I went in to check it out.

For those who don't know, this store has movie memorabilia and a ton of autographs.

They had some Harry Potter stuff in display which I was excited to see!

8527597730_b3d239af06_z.jpg

And this AWESOME pin collage!

8526484457_64565bf836_z.jpg

One thing I wasn't aware of is that they sell personal items that belonged to famous people.

8527597486_bee104407d_z.jpg

It kind of cracked me up to see that Barbra Streisand's stuff was sitting in a case here. Like I doubt she donated it, it was probably bought at a private auction and sold to the store, so I think it would be really funny if she came with her family and was like "Oh, there's my old china."

8526484225_886341dceb_z.jpg

I had to take a picture of Jack :lovestruc $550 for that puppy! For literally a framed picture that he scribbled on. Also it looks like he started his name with an O, so that's weird. It is a great picture though. If you haven't seen the movie that still is from (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest), you absolutely must. It's one of the greatest classics out there in my opinion. Side note: I saw Jack Nicholson in person when I was 16. He got out of a limo, turned around, and there he was in all his legendary movie star glory, exactly how you'd think he'd be. Pearly white mischievous grin, jet black sunglasses on at night. *SIGH* I died on the spot and this is my ghost talking to you. I LOVE JACK NICHOLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on. I had a bus to catch!

8526484033_ffb2212327_z.jpg

Can you tell from that photo where I ended up?!

ART OF ANIMATION!!!! MY FIRST EVER VISIT!!!!

I've been itching to come here ever since the plans were announced! Obviously just to check it out, but I also heard from several sources that the food court was to die for, so I wanted to eat here as well. Originally I planned for Lee-Anne and I to walk over there from Pop and eat together, but it was still sort of early and I didn't want to risk waking her up while she was feeling sick. So again, the show must go on.

This is not going to be that great of a photo tour, just warning you. LOL. But who needs that anyway? They've been posted all over the internet since the place opened! I take pictures of the most random things, which is way better.

Like, Pumbaa was behind the counter in the gift shop!

8527597314_91cb09fd47_z.jpg

I wonder what he prefers, working the register or stocking shelves? I prefer stocking myself, but I'm not a warthog.

Obviously, this shop was amazing. It just felt great to be in a new Disney place, and I loved the paint!

8527597070_38f98d5436_z.jpg

I forgot to note what this arrow pointed to, but I had to take a pic cause it reminded me of the fish in Finding Nemo of course!

8526483811_7ca7296841_z.jpg

Off I went into the BEAUTIFUL food court, Landscape of Flavors.

All the hype about this place is very well deserved. It's gorgeous in there, the food options are DELICIOUS and more varied than most other QS places.

My camera was not doing too well in here, but you can still see the style of the stunning artwork. You can also see that guy out cold.

8527596954_69c6444beb_z.jpg

I used a QS credit to get the pesto whole wheat pasta and and Honest Tea! I loooooveee seeing that $0.00 on the reciept!! ahhh!

I went to find a seat in the Little Mermaid section of the food court. Check out Ariel's whosits and whatsits:

8527596224_fa9346ae6b_z.jpg

Ahh... it was such a lovely area to eat in.

8527596452_6279a0a287_z.jpg

Here is the FOOD! YUUUFJJDSFSDFMMMMMMMM!!

8526483487_e397ed0dc9_z.jpg

8526483255_ae57235254_z.jpg

I ate every bite of that delicious pasta! It was made to order and tasted extremely fresh. You can create any kind of pasta dish here, but I just wound up going with the pesto on the menu b/c I wanted a healthier option, and I would have just piled like every ingredient into my own pasta dish. LOL. Next time, though, I'm totally doing that.

The dessert was honestly the BEST part though.

8526483369_6cfc1e5400_z.jpg

CHOCOLATE MICKEY TARTLET!!!! This is a new favorite. Oh my GOD. It was so osososososososososo GOOD.

I have never seen/had this in Disney (or anywhere) before and I loved that it was a new and different option! Not that I'll ever get sick of my beloved standards, but it was so great to try a new dessert. (and get it for freeeee! yesss!)

Up next: More AoA and Meeting up with Lee-Anne!

P.S. Make sure ya check out the PTR update for #BirthdayFestivus13 I posted above this one! It's wordy, but if you're not used to that by now, IDK what you're doing reading my TRs. LOL.

P.P.S. Stacey has done another interview!!!! It was a great one. She quoted herself a lot. I LOVE HER! Check it out here: http://fromscreentotheme.com/WEDnesday186.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter