• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm starting a rumor...ATLANTIS

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, dd has gone ATLANTIS mad ~

Here's a rumor I want to start and hopefully someone at Disney will pick it up because I think it's actually a great idea!

Since 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea is GONE at MK! How about an ATLANTIS ATTRACTION / RIDE in it's place!

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT!

I think as a reward for such a great idea/rumor Disney should honor dd (7 years old) with a FREE FAMILY TRIP TO WDW! dd shares Walt Disney's birthday of Dec 5!

Originally posted by SandraC
Hi, dd has gone ATLANTIS mad ~

Here's a rumor I want to start and hopefully someone at Disney will pick it up because I think it's actually a great idea!

Since 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea is GONE at MK! How about an ATLANTIS ATTRACTION / RIDE in it's place!

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT!

I think as a reward for such a great idea/rumor Disney should honor dd (7 years old) with a FREE FAMILY TRIP TO WDW! dd shares Walt Disney's birthday of Dec 5!

You are not the first. Rumors about an Atlantis ride have been circulating for over two years now. Fire Mountain came out as the most likely candidate, but was apparently shelved at the last moment. It is definitely possible that these plans will be greenlighted after all depending on how well the movie does.

I've heard this rumor, too, and I would love to see an Atlantis attraction. The thing I read said something about a volcano (I don't know what that has to do with Atlantis) and Adventure land(which I don't get either). I would rather have an Atlantis under water type ride than a coaster (for now) and I would love to see it go in the 20,000 leagues pool.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You are getting your rumors mixed up. The volcano going in is the one at Disney Tokyo Seas which will feature two e-ticket attractions. It is rumored that the same volcano may be coming to Disney World in a later expansion of the Magic Kingdom.

As far as I can tell, the original concept was to copy the DisenySeas’ ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’ ride at the Magic Kingdom. This would have been the major E-Ticket/Indiana Jones addition the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland, similar to the expansion that Disneyland's Adventure got half a decade ago. During the development process, the motion-base vehicle ride system became “too expensive” and was replaced by an off-the-shelf coaster (in various flavors from standard to suspended to “lie down”). When that concept was called “too expensive”, the show elements from DisneySeas were removed, leaving an off-the-shelf coaster in a darkened building. Shortly after that, the show building became “too expensive” and the coaster moved outdoors.

In an effort to finally get some budget, the ride was themed to tie in to ‘Atlantis’. A game that WDI has been forced to play the last decade is called ‘Pin Your Attraction to the Movie’ - - basically the easiest way to get funding is make your ride tie to the studios latest hit project. When this was done to ‘Fire Mountain’, suddenly the attraction was deemed “not too expensive” and some of the show building came back as well as some show elements. Unfortunately, ‘Atlantis’ the movie was then called “too expensive” and most things associated with it died. If the film is a ‘The Lion King’ sized hit, the plans may be dusted off again, but there are already rumors that there’s a coaster attraction being themed to ‘Treasure Planet’ right now…

I have heard from many places that an attraction to go in the 20k lagoon is very very close to being approved.

If Atlantis does a great job (as in Lion King) at the box office will the ride finaly get FULLY green lighted. Right now it is a mabey if the movie is good, but if it does great, it will be green lighted and will probably be ready for WDW's 35th annaversery!

don't give your hopes up. Rumor already is that atlantis is not what it's cracked up to be and disney has already given up on it. If you noticed disney isn't exactly going out of their way to promote this film.:eek:

Darla, from just down the road from you I have seen plenty of Atlantis stuff. Just this weekends The Record capsuled the summer movies and Atlantis was left with a hanging line (i.e. go see it if you want the answer).

I have seen a trailer on TV as well as in the movies and in each case was highly impressed. I think we, the audience, have become used to HYPE and when it is not overwhelming then the spin is not worth seeing.

I for one am anxiously awaiting its release. More so than Shrek.

We can go back to the other thread on Atlantis promotion. Currently, they have more print ads out then Shrek, sOo no, it is not being underpromoted.
As for Fire Mountain, I forget where I saw the link, but it was in a thread here, that explained the history of Fire mountain and Villian mountain. One comment, I heard that the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur Mechinism has some hydrolic issues and that the Japanese version is all electric, this could be why the cost went up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter