I'm sorry to say this but Southwest SUCKS!!

When SW starts charging more than $1,000 for simple 2-3 hour direct R/T flights then come complain to me. I recently paid $1,200 for a R/T ticket to Houston and $1,400 for a R/T to Toronto - both from Pittsburgh. These tickets were booked several months in advance and were in COACH!

I think that the average vacation traveler has been spoiled by low airfare. You would be flabbergasted by what us business travelers have to pay regularly by most other airlines!

Sorry you feel that way OP. I do agree with others that an increase in airfare isn't exactly a reason to say that a company sucks. In our area, we have 3 large airports to choose from so we can really price shop when it comes to airfares and in the last 3 months, I haven't seen anything to MCO for less than $270 RT from any of our 3 airports.

We're actually flying SW for the first time 8 years this Fall and their price is what got us to book with them.

We're loyal JB flyers, but last year, they took away the only non-stop flight from our home airport to MCO. Also, JB's airfare for this year's trip was going to be $420 more than SW's. We have to drive an hour away instead of our usual 15 minute drive, but even with gas & tolls, we're still saving quite a bit. We're also getting non-stop flights & much better flight times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter