• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I'm so stuffed I think I need to roll around on the ground for awhile" A Jan 2016 Dining Report

jessicar82

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!! My name is Jessica and I'm brand new to the world of writing trip and dining reports so please bear with me! I have been reading (stalking) many trip and dining reports over the past year but thought I would finally write my own...So here we go!

As I mentioned before my name is Jessica and my husband and I went on on an adults only trip last week. We LOVE Disney World and take our kids at least once a year so this was an extra special trip since we were able to spend some time without the kids. It's a whole different experience!

Here we are: IMG_0234[1].JPG

More to come soon! First stop: EPCOT for a quick lunch and snack!

Sunday January 17-LUNCH
I will start off by saying that I am SUPER picky and I don't love most of the Quick Service places at Disney. Usually when we bring our kids we stay in a 1 bedroom DVC villa so we have a full kitchen and pack lunches to eat at the park. This trip we stayed in a regular room so we only brought a few snacks. Anyway...

We stayed at the Beach Club so we decided to pop over Epcot to grab some lunch. We had a super early flight so by 1pm we were STARVING!! We didn't want anything too heavy since we had a special dinner planned at Disney Springs but still needed something delicious. We headed to the France Pavilion to grab a sandwich atBoulangerie Patisserie les Halles. We decided to split the Jambon Beurre (ham and cheese, dijon mustard butter on a demi baguette $7.50). It was delicious! My only regret is that I had to share it with DH! I'm a huge fan of cheese and as you can see from the photo this sandwich did not disappoint. The bread was nice and crusty and there was just enough ham in my opinion.
IMG_0195[1].JPG

And after we finished with that gem we strolled over to my favorite country at EPCOT: Norway! Their quick service location is
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe.
I'll just say that my main reason for sharing the sandwich in France is so I would have an excuse to have my favorite snack-School Bread! This was one thing I did not want to share so hubby chose the Kringla Sweet Pretzel with Almonds (glazed with icing and toasted almonds $4.69) He liked it and ate the whole thing but did mention that it was more like a bread texture than a pretzel. I tried a bite and it was just ok in my opinion. I don't like almonds so I was pushing for him to get the chocolate one instead :worship: Of course I got the School Bread - (sweet cardamom bun filled with vanilla creme custard and topped with glazed and toasted coconut $3.19 ) and it was delicious as always! I seriously want to lick the plate clean when I get this snack.download.png

Last edited:

Nice start! I never quite make it to France for a meal at Les Halles. I think I have to stop going during the F&G or F&W!

A bit late but following! My DS is now 20 and DH and I will be heading to our first empty nest trip in October. I am sure it is going to feel a bit weird but I am definitely looking forward to it.

Sunday January 17-DINNER

Since we were kid-free one of the first restaurants we decided to book when our ADR window opened was Raglan Road in Disney Springs. I'm not every adventurous when it comes to eating so I was a bit nervous but DH really wanted to eat (and drink!) here so I took one for the team. We arrived right on time for our 6:45 reservation. Checking in was a bit confusing because there were a ton of people just standing around and there was another sort of "standby line" to wait for a patio table without reservations. We got a pager and waited about 20 minutes. We got a table that had a good (but far) view of the stage.I ordered a diet coke and DH ordered some fancy beer. Our waitress then brought out some Irish Soda Bread with Guinness reduction for dipping. It was VERY good. I was a bit hesitant because I don't love brown bread (I'm SO picky when it comes to food) but I tried it and was glad I did. We ate all of it!
download (1).png

Then a bit after our entrees came out. I got the Burger 'R' Way (Char-grilled sirloin beef burger with bacon, tomato chutney and Dubliner vintage cheddar $16.00) and DH got Braised Be Beef (Braised beef with horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and parsnips $26.00) We both really enjoyed our meals. The burger was cooked just right and even though I had never had tomato chutney OR the kind of bacon (Irish bacon? I guess it's pork belly and loin) before I still like it and ate it all. I ended up taking the bacon off during the last few bites because the texture was kind of getting to me but overall I really liked it. The fries were good too, nice and crispy. DH loved his meal. The beef was very tender and the mashed potatoes were excellent. The only thing he didn't care for was the parsnips but that was probably because he had never had them before. We passed on dessert because I was hoping to get an ice cream at Beaches and Cream later but we never ended up making it over there. Don't panic-I made up for it twice in the coming days :laughing:. Overall we were very satisfied with the meal and would visit again if we come without kids because I know there is not one thing on the menu my children will consume lol
download (2).png download (3).png

Monday January 18-LUNCH

On this day we did the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM tour and lunch at Columbia Harbor House was included in the price. We had eaten here before during our September trip so I knew I was familiar with the menu. I don't eat any seafood at all so pretty much my only option was the chicken tenders meal. I ordered Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces with Steamed Fresh Broccoli, Apple Slices, or French Fries 8.99) and DH had Chicken Breast Nuggets & Fish (with Steamed Fresh Broccoli, Apple Slices, or French Fries 9.59). As you will see I only have a photo of my meal. At this point DH was starting to think that I was creepy for taking photos of all our food plus we were at a table with 2 other people from the tour group so he was probably just not wanting them to think he was as strange as me. :dancer:

Overall not a bad meal but it wouldn't be my first choice. The restaurant has a TON of seating though so that's definitely a plus.
download (4).png

Awesome start! We are trying Raglan Road in April. I've been once but my fiance has never been - he's picky too but it's good to know their burger was delicious. That's usually his go to. ;) So good to know he'll probably be satisfied!

Great start! An adults only trip sounds amazing.
It was amazing! Our kids are 3 and 7 and mealtimes are a struggle so it was like a dream to be able to eat in peace and not be involved in negotiations about how many more bites needed to be eaten :rotfl2:

Nice start! I never quite make it to France for a meal at Les Halles. I think I have to stop going during the F&G or F&W!

We usually don't get over there either but thankfully we were at the Beach Club so France was pretty close once we entered through the International gateway :)

Awesome start! We are trying Raglan Road in April. I've been once but my fiance has never been - he's picky too but it's good to know their burger was delicious. That's usually his go to. ;) So good to know he'll probably be satisfied!

I'm sure he will like it, the tomato chutney was they put it on it was surprisingly good!

I’m loving your reviews so far! I don’t eat seafood either so my options are often limited depending on where we go. But so far I think we are a lot alike because all of your dishes look good! Now I’m craving some school bread…

Loving your reviews! Also your tee shirt. Where did you get it? We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year and loved it. Also ate at Columbia Harbor House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter