I'm so excited! Paid off my car!

Miz Diz

<font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l
I got my tax refund back and it was enough to pay off my car. Just sent in the check and am so excited to not have a car payment!

That is excellent news. Congratulations!!!!!!!! That's a great feeling.

DO NOT TELL THE CAR!

I swear to God they always know and they look at it as a reason to start breaking belts and blowing alternators.

:laughing:

congrats though :)

Congrats! Don't let anyone tell you that now you'll have bad luck with them. We've paid off every car we've ever had at 6-12 months early. And none of them broke down afterwards. We keep cars 9-10 years so we go several years without payments.

Congrats, we will be paying off our car in 6 months and I can't wait the bad thing is we now have to get a minivan to tote dd's wheel chair that we are getting in two weeks.

That is awesome!!! I have a little less than a year and I cannot wait! We are paying off my fiance's car within the next month and are so excited.

Congrats! I can't wait until I can say the same thing!:cool1:

Congrats! We still have a year left on mine cant wait to pay it off when we were able to get a second car we just paid cash for it. car payments are the worst!

Wow, I am so happy for you! We had to pay this year (again) but I like hearing this.

Of coruse, it is better when you get to keep the money from the get-go, but it sure beats having to pay more!

Of coruse, it is better when you get to keep the money from the get-go, but it sure beats having to pay more!

True and I usually don't get so much back, but in '06 I had my employer take out additional taxes to make up for the taxes I would have to pay due to self employment I was doing on the side. In '07 I kept having them take more taxes out because I knew I was quitting my job before the year was up and didn't want to owe a lot of taxes on the self employment income. I ended up not making as much money in '07 as I did in '06 with the self employment, therefore I had my company take too much in taxes. But it's okay. One year I had to pay in $3500 and I totally did not expect it.

That's terrific... we'll be almost right behind you, with my car payment ending in June! Yay, then DW's is next, next Mar. if we keep regular payments going, sooner if we use my current pmt to pay hers off.

Way to go! :cool1: And GREAT JOB on being responsible and paying that puppy off instead of blowing the money!!! :hippie:

As a person with two paid off cars in our driveway-- isn't it a great feeling!

Sure, our cars are old (mine is a 1999 and DH's is a 2000) but they run and it is fine.

I just did a repair on mine yesterday and it was $400. Of course $400 is high, but I thought that one $400 repair payment is better than a whole year of $400 car payments.

We buy stable and reliable cars. DH would like me to get another car next year. We've been car payment free for over 4 years and I can't even imagine going back to it.

That is awesome. I have a ways to go with mine, but I have been making additional payments and so far have been able to shave 6 months off the original payoff date. I'm excited for you and I can't wait until I join you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter