I'm so excited! Finally started my SB

KaraJade

Resident GL
Forgive me for being new to all this, but I've had the best week! I am SUCH a packrat, I've been saving everything for years- ticket stubs, brochures and maps from trips, programs from events, not to mention photos, and never really had a great way to show them all off. When I saw some scrapbooks friends had done, I knew this was for me... just never really had the time or knew how to get started. A few months ago I moved to a new city to live w/ my DBf and the CUTEST scrapbooking store is right down the street. So on my day off earlier this week, in I went with NO clue where to start. Lo and behold, a beginner's class was that night . :bounce: I'm so excited to have a fun project to work on, and a new way to meet new people in a new town! Of course now I've got all these pictures and ideas, and I'm going to wind up going broke buying all the supplies and paper and fun stuff :)
Just had to share my little story, and ask for any good tips or advice you all have. I've been reading thru the threads gathered together at the top of the page and its helping a bunch.

Welcome to the Scrapbook board! The store and classes sound like fun. The supplies shopping is addicting. That's what I do best. :)

Welcome to the fun addiction of scrapping.

I have a LSS just 15 minutes away and one tip I can give you is to buy as you go. I don't invest in anything until I need it. I now have a nice little collection of tools and supplies and it didn't hurt my budget one bit.

I crop at the store about once a week and I have met some really nice ladies of whom I would never have known otherwise.

Enjoy, chessie

KaraJade,
Sounds like you are off to a good start now that you are focused. The key is to have fun. I think the great reward of scrapbooking is to see how creative you can be from one page to the next. Some pages can be more of a challenge. I use to decorate more with stickers but recently I have taken a liking to the decorative paper available. I agree with chessie it might be better to buy as you go. For instance, I got some mail order packages (buy one, get one free) of holiday theme paper but now I have it am finding alot of it just is not what I wanted to go with my pictures. (some of it is downright ugly!) If I would have just gone to my local scrapbooking store I would have bought just what I wanted. Also nice you are meeting new people at the classes.

To all the Scrapbookers... I just got started.. Go into www.paperpizazz.com for the most unbelieveable paper sheets.. When you go into the web site look at the bottom for disney. They have magic kingdom paper which is awsom. Mickey paper and Pooh paper and other Disney scrap book material. I have died and gone to heaven with this paper. Enjoy!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter