I'm so bummed even with 2 days to go...

ZooMommy

You can take the girl outta Texas, but you can't t
I know there are lots of people on this board that are going through heart-breaking problems and I've been praying for those who are; now I hope you'll return the "favor..."

My MIL is in extremely poor health. She's only 61 and has a myriad of problems, any one of which could conceivably kill her. She refuses to acknowledge them and admits if she doesn't think about it, then it's not happening.... sigh.... She's been in the hospital for several days and they lost her once, but brought her back (this is the 2nd time in 2 months) We took her on our Disney cruise in July and almost lost her on the plane trip home. She's supposed to come home tomorrow, but I'm worried that we might be making a trip for her funeral soon. :( I hope and pray that this hospital stay will open her eyes and get her to take her condition seriously. I lost both of my parents within 6 months of each other in 2000 and my kids and I were devastated. To lose my MIL (whom we all adore) would just be awful.

And the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back (it's always the little things, it seems...) My 6yo son didn't latch one of our hamster's cages back after he fed them and Peekaboo escaped. I always said it was a matter of time before that hammie figured out how to open the door, anyway. He's been missing since Friday or Saturday. We've searched high and low, made a "ladder" out of books going into buckets with his favorite foods inside, put out sticky mouse traps with fruit on them and nothing.... Now, every time the heater comes on, this awful odor just spills out and goes through the whole house. My 11yo dd had taken the cover off her vent and I'm afraid that he jumped down in there and couldn't get back out. I even called the police to see if their K9 unit would come sniff out the little rascal (the things I do for my kids! LOL) I'm really sad about losing Peekaboo; unlike our other hamster, who prefers to be left alone, Peekaboo loved to cuddle and eat out of our hands. GOSH! Two days to go and all I want to do is cry!

Thanks for listening to me vent; my dh isn't a critter lover and he doesn't understand. I sure wish I had my mom to listen to me just once more....

Oh, you sound so heartbroken! :( {{HUGS}}

I pray your MIL 'sees the light' and, thinks about herself and loving family seriously, especially at the holidays.

I sure hope Peekaboo turns up OK. I'd hate to think of the alternative. :(

Thanks so much, BigV and KimRae, we all appreciate the prayers. Her updated condition is now much worse; the dr. was going to insert a pacemaker, but he now believes he can get her heart beating (it's at 25% now) up to twice that with meds. And they've also discovered her right carotid artery is 80% blocked, so that has to be done first. She's also hearing she may go on dialysis in the very near future and also may lose her right foot. She's only 61 years, way too young for all this. Her heart dr. bluntly told her she's dying. Now maybe she'll FINALLY LISTEN.... I hope....

And it is 100% certain Peekaboo the hamster has died. :( My nail lady felt so sorry for me yesterday, that I left her shop with a year old guinea pig, named Peanut! He's cute, he sings and he's very cuddly, too! We all miss our little explorer, though. After we get back from our trip, we'll have someone come clean out the ductwork. Goodbye, sweet hammie! We'll miss you!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter