I'm sending my kids to Hooters

No! The few times I've been to Hooter's, there are always families with kids in there. Good food.

My 16-year-old niece has already decided that she wants to work at Hooter's. Not sure if she's joking or not...but at least she's not embarrassed about her body. I would much rather she work there than someplace requiring a smaller (if any) uniform. :thumbsup2

You're not a bad Mom for sending them there. But I do remember me being told I didn't know how to parent because I allowed my daughter to hostess there.

BTW we're having Chinese too tonight. I'm not getting the kitchen dirty cooking.

ok, where is there a hooters up in Vernon?

Yummmm

I love Hooters! The closest one is an hour away though :headache:

Our town is large enough to support one, but too conservative!!! They always bat down the permits and such.

But I would be scared to see who works there from here!

Funny story, My uncle took his 8 year old son to a Saints game and asked if he wanted to eat at Hooters after and the son replied “No, I don’t like the food there”:rotfl:

No! The few times I've been to Hooter's, there are always families with kids in there. Good food.

My 16-year-old niece has already decided that she wants to work at Hooter's. Not sure if she's joking or not...but at least she's not embarrassed about her body. I would much rather she work there than someplace requiring a smaller (if any) uniform. :thumbsup2

That has nothing to do with it. sadly, I cannot go into hooters because if i did, the manager would take one look at me and beg me to become a Hooter girl. It wouldn't be fair to all the other Hooter girls to have to be compared to me. They'd be at a horrible disadvantage.

Funny story. The only person in our family to ever go to a Hooters is our DS who was 15 at the time. He went with our minister and the youth group while attending a Lutheran youth conference in Texas. Pastor Mark loves the wings there.

That has nothing to do with it. sadly, I cannot go into hooters because if i did, the manager would take one look at me and beg me to become a Hooter girl. It wouldn't be fair to all the other Hooter girls to have to be compared to me. They'd be at a horrible disadvantage.

Yeah. Me too.

I wish i could go into a Hooters but i just can't.

Sure you can. And I know there is one really close to you!

FWIW, I used to have a friend that worked at Hooters. The pay was good, she got benefits and was treated very well by management. She ended up joining their corporate management team and has quite a nice career. I know many of their marketing and public relations people started as waitresses.

Sure you can. And I know there is one really close to you!

FWIW, I used to have a friend that worked at Hooters. The pay was good, she got benefits and was treated very well by management. She ended up joining their corporate management team and has quite a nice career. I know many of their marketing and public relations people started as waitresses.

yeah, but did you read why i can't? :lmao: I kill me!!!

Do you go to the Hooters down by the airport? My niece lives not too far from there..

Jill

We love love love Hooters and go at least 2 times a month. I have the best photo of my son who was probably 2-3 months old being held by a Hooter's Gal and her three friends posing for the shot.

We go on Friday nights at 6ish and there are only families in there. A couple of young boys (by young I mean teenagers) and the random wierdo in there.

We've never felt out of place or uncomfortable in there. Gosh, they're just wearing shorts and a tank top.

Try taking your kids to South Beach and explain that to them like we did this year :lmao: after SoBe, Hooters is a PTA meeting.

Do you go to the Hooters down by the airport? My niece lives not too far from there..

We live near there too - and DS goes with the high school track team after meets. When it was his birthday weekend all the waitresses sang to him! :eek: ;)

DS6 LOVES Hooters! :love: We have been taking him there since he was 3 years old. This is his favorite place because he can be as loud as he wants, he loves the food and the service is wonderful. We usually have a dinner with our friends to celebrate his birthday (before the real party) every year. Few places will call you up in front of everyone and sing to you. My DS loves this. My son has his favorite waitress there and she gushes over him every time we visit.

I took my DD14 once when she was 13. But she thought the uniforms were cute cute so I got a little worried. May not be going back for a while. However, if she follows through with her threats of trying to be a Playgirl bunny (yeah, I didn't correct her :teeth:) I may be the first mom in history who pushes a kid into being a Hooters waitress as a diversionary tactic!! I'm kidding! (I hope)

DH and I ate at one on our vacation earlier this month, we saw lots of families with kids there. One family had a boy, looked about 14 or 15, and it was his birthday so all the waitresses came over to sing for him. He was smiling from ear to ear, so I think he must have enjoyed it. :)

We had wings, onion rings and potato salad and it was all good.

And no, I sure don't think you're a bad mom for having your kids pick up dinner there. :)

I've resorted to taking DH to Hooters before, to jog him out of a mental fog... you know, the type where you ask what he wants to do on a Friday night with no kids and you get the answer, "I don't know..."

Oh yeah, he didn't see that coming. And he perked right up. :rotfl:

They have awesome chocolate cake there. I personally have no problems with the place, though DH thought I would be all up in arms about it. :rolleyes:

I never understood the negative response Hooters has received in general. Some made it out to be like it was a house of prostitution or something. After trying it out a couple times, I finally took my kids there and the whole family liked it. They have decent food and the Buffalo fried shrimp were my favorite. The TMI hot wings were pretty high on my list as well. There was one near my area and was doing great business but the town of Vernon Hills decided they would rather have a empty building than a thriving business. So I lost a good hot wing connection and that "stuck up" town lost out on guaranteed tax revenue. All because some thought it didn't fit into the towns image. Never mind that it's located near a huge shopping mall complex and surrounded by a series of endless strip malls.:rolleyes:

I would love to eat chicken strips and nachos but it is not great for my diet right now. Sounds yummy though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter