• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm ready!

KelleyGirl

Mouseketeer
I've been ignoring this for so long, but it is really time to work out. My problem - I haven't really started, and I'm already discouraged!!

I'm mad at myself for letting this happen, I know it won't be easy, I'm in my 40s and have a thyroid disorder. I feel like I have so long to go before I even feel good that it's preventing me from even trying!

And of course, I know that it is not impossible. Did anyone else feel this way and what encouraged you? I need some motivation NOW!

I'm excited but feel it's going to be such a long road that I can't stop being sad! :sad2:

The biggest thing you have to remember is what's done is done, you can't go back and change what has happened in the past. Right now, starting today you look forward. And remember, you didn't get here in a day, you won't get back in a day.

Best quote ever. Every journey begins with a single step.

Don't look at the long road, everybody's mileage may vary. Set short term goals. My first short term goal was to quit soda, that's it. I won't lie, it was hard! But here I am 2 1/2 years later and I feel so much better physically and mentally.
Join un in the monthly WISH challenges and the monthly exercise challenges. Join My Fitness Pal, it's free and a lot of us are on there.
The WISHers are my motivation. They are hands down, the best group of people I have ever met. They love me even when I don't check in for weeks. They are here to staple my fat butt to the middle of the wagon and sit on me so I don't fall off. And if I do fall off, they love me even when they have to circle the wagon around and pick me up for the millionth time.

you have to want this for you. No one else.

My mother has been very motivating to me. She is 68 years old, has a thyroid disorder, and has been morbidly obese since childhood. She even had gastric bypass surgery 35 years ago (when they first started doing them) and was never at a healthy weight, even gaining back the weight she lost after surgery. But just in the past 9 months she began going to the ymca 3 times per week, following their activtrax workout recommendations for her. She has since lost 80 lbs! She still has a long way to go but I am so proud of her. She really has shown me that improvement is possible at any age!

I just started 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were really hard, but now I am feeling like I am getting into a routine that is workable for me. I am surprised, but I don't feel deprived anymore. The thing that is making a difference for me is My Fitness Pal. I am really keeping track of everything I eat and at the end of the day MFP will tell me based on that days calories what my weight would be in 5 weeks. Very motivating!

The other thing I am finding helpful is when I feel like eating I go and organize some small area in the house. That gives me a feeling of accomplishment and control and by the time I am done I usually am not craving food anymore. Helps to drink water while organizing.

Thanks! I joined a fitness group that starts Monday logging minutes. I tried fitness pal a while ago but wasn't faithful about logging in. I just need to do it I guess!

I've been ignoring this for so long, but it is really time to work out. My problem - I haven't really started, and I'm already discouraged!!

I'm mad at myself for letting this happen, I know it won't be easy, I'm in my 40s and have a thyroid disorder. I feel like I have so long to go before I even feel good that it's preventing me from even trying!

And of course, I know that it is not impossible. Did anyone else feel this way and what encouraged you? I need some motivation NOW!

I'm excited but feel it's going to be such a long road that I can't stop being sad! :sad2:

Sent you a PM

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter