i'm packing...2 questions

happykell

Earning My Ears
5 days!! really, 4 days and a wake-up (much better sounding :)) so here are my questions:

how much are the penny smooshers, 2 quarters or 4?

for the wet rides: will a light weight rain jacket work, or is a poncho just much better?

tia!

Why haul a rain jacket around unless you need it for the weather?

I think they sell the hooded ponchos right next to GRR in the "River Outfitters" or whatever it's called. I saw people wearing them. They are thin like a garbage bag, kinda a "one-use" deal. We actually used garbage bags that we packed. We just tore holes for head and arms, worked great but we looked dumb. :rotfl:

Somebody else on here said that WalMart sells those thin, cheap ponchos, too, for 99 cents.

On the other hand, if it's hot you'll dry pretty quickly. Be sure and ride during a sunny part of your day.

Have a wonderful trip!

Pressed pennies are 51 cents - 2 quarters and a penny.

I recommend the cheap dollar store ponchos for wet rides.

yep we ust the disney store ponchos - great for 99C
my daughter did not put hers on well - but daddy looks dry in his yellow one,, hmmm
IMG_0301.jpg

yep we ust the disney store ponchos - great for 99C
my daughter did not put hers on well - but daddy looks dry in his yellow one,, hmmm
IMG_0301.jpg

Your DD's face is priceless! :cutie:

They sell 99cent ponchos at the Dollar Tree or any other dollar store..

There are some pennie smooshers that are 4 quarters plus a penny. Or is it a dime? I don't remember, but I remember the Stitch one was more than 50 cents.

Part of the fun is getting wet! My family always makes fun of others with ponchos!:rotfl:

I love the ponchos. I don't like getting wet, even on the water rides. Only if it's a water park do I tolerate it! :)

But I'm opposite of others, I don't do the dollar store ponchos anymore. I did for September, but then you can't fold them back up and re-use them (well, I couldn't), so they get tossed and the idea of all those ponchos being tossed kinda made me ill. So we each now have one Disney Resort poncho (something like 7.50 each, I think), and they are thick enough that they can easily be re-folded, even when wet. I've used mine enough that I'm just about to the break-even point compared to if I had used one dollar store poncho each time.

But if you're going on Grizz, and if you have backpacks or cameras, make use of the FREE secure lockers nearby! Ask a CM if you don't see them, they are obvious but around a corner (once you find them you won't know how you ever missed them). I think the time allowed for their use depends on how busy the park is, but I had 2 or 3 hours of free use of that locker (if you come back later your code won't work until you pay x amount of money, still a reasonable amount, not highway robbery, and you're told up front what the cost per hour will be if your'e late), and it was perfect! I made sure to use the locker in january, after getting my leg soaked on Grizz at night in December while it was raining, b/c I was using part of my poncho to protect my camera bag. :rolleyes:

Everyone laughs at the ponchos before the ride...then after most people look miserable and tell the poncho people they wished they had thought of it! Love the poncho!:goodvibes

Penny smooshers are 2 quarters and 1 penny. Unless you're getting a quarter smooshed then it's more, of course (but those machines are few and far between).

I love the ponchos. I don't like getting wet, even on the water rides. Only if it's a water park do I tolerate it! :)

But I'm opposite of others, I don't do the dollar store ponchos anymore. I did for September, but then you can't fold them back up and re-use them (well, I couldn't), so they get tossed and the idea of all those ponchos being tossed kinda made me ill. So we each now have one Disney Resort poncho (something like 7.50 each, I think), and they are thick enough that they can easily be re-folded, even when wet. I've used mine enough that I'm just about to the break-even point compared to if I had used one dollar store poncho each time.

Everyone laughs at the ponchos before the ride...then after most people look miserable and tell the poncho people they wished they had thought of it! Love the poncho!:goodvibes
::yes:: I did the same thing many years ago: I bought the cheap dollar store ones; they tore and were not reusable. Then I bought the DL ones and I still have them and use them every trip. They are easy to refold. I keep them in a DL plastic bag (the kind you get when you buy something) and carry that around. The bag has lasted all these years too! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I bring them on every trip. It seems like Splash Mountain has gotten a lot wetter than it used to be. I too don't like getting soaked unless I'm dressed for it as in a water park. It's miserable walking around in sopping wet blue jeans! :scared:

But if you're going on Grizz, and if you have backpacks or cameras, make use of the FREE secure lockers nearby! Ask a CM if you don't see them, they are obvious but around a corner (once you find them you won't know how you ever missed them). I think the time allowed for their use depends on how busy the park is, but I had 2 or 3 hours of free use of that locker (if you come back later your code won't work until you pay x amount of money, still a reasonable amount, not highway robbery, and you're told up front what the cost per hour will be if your'e late), and it was perfect!

I know exactly where these are located, but I never knew they were free. We will definitely be checking these out! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

I'm glad I could help! Just another Dis tip, passed along again and again. :)

"It's miserable walking around in sopping wet blue jeans!" Hubby wasn't wearing jeans, but he was wearing cargo shorts, and since hubby is over 300 lbs and was put in the FRONT of the log on Splash, he and my skinny brother were absolutely sopping wet. Brother was wearing his running gear so he dried quickly, but hubby's big cargo pockets were dripping for hours... They should have asked me for their ponchos! :upsidedow

Also check Harbor Hotel gift shops. I know Desert Inn abd Suites gift shop had a good wieght poncho.

I'm taking one of those cheap dollar store ponchos for when I go in May; mostly for GRR. I have no problem getting wet from the waist up, but waist down is miserable, especially in jeans. I've spent too many days slogging around in wet jeans that refuse to dry and being all cold and clammy...wet jeans will NOT dry unless it's very hot outside; like the middle of the summer. Otherwise it will be damp all day. I'll probably just wrap my poncho around my waist so I can sit on it...other than that, I should be fine.

On GRR there is a very good chance you will get soaked. If you don’t want to take a chance on getting wet, get the ponchos.

It also appeared to us on Splash Mountain that there was a bit less water on the ride late at night. So while I wouldn’t use a poncho on Splash anyway, you might get a bit less wet if you go later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter